[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

• Pet skins.

An American fishing eagle skin would fit my female ranger so good.

• Add mount combat

I'm kinda thinking that Raptor and other mounts have such potential, that they could have a combat mode too.

A raptor claw attack and bite would be cool.

But if not, it's all good just the same.

We don't wanna convert Guild Wars 2 into Primal Rage, right?

• WvW colours. 

Would it be even possible to assign a permant colour to a server?

Say: AG be green, DL blue, RS Red, etc...

I find it confusing at first to switch home and colour every week.

I find myself running towards enemy territory sometimes, only to be ran over by a stampede of vicious foes, then doing a Jim Carrey face, and thinking: "Oops, wrong house".

Perhaps adding the ability to put wheels on Catapult and trebuchets in Masteries. 

I mean, we're using charr vehicles and all, so why not add them to WvW?

Oh wait, ok... Siege Turtles?

Ah, right... I get it.

Shhh... it's a secret.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 1

ANET, could you please add a function to change the stats of all a players legendary weapons/armor/runes/sigils that minimizes the number of clicks?  It would be awesome if you could change your set uniformly like going from a marauders build to a celestial one with one selection instead of going into every single piece and doing the same selection 18+ different times.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

They sorta have this? There's a little checkbox on the right side of the stat selection box that will copy your selection to gear of the the same type (Armor, weapons, runes, trinkets). It just isn't clearly stated what it does. Just pick a stat on one piece and then the box will appear, checking it will make you confirm you want to make the changes to all applicable pieces before closing the customization window.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Sreoom.3690 said:

You can copy to different Tabs, but I have not seen a way to make a single selection to change all pieces with a minimum number of clicks....

Yea currently there’s only options to change stats for different groups of equipment (ie, change all armor, change all weapons, change all trinkets).

It would be nice for more options like you mentioned of change *everything* to the same stat, or like change all armor to this one rune, etc.

1 hour ago, Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:

They sorta have this? There's a little checkbox on the right side of the stat selection box that will copy your selection to gear of the the same type (Armor, weapons, runes, trinkets). It just isn't clearly stated what it does. Just pick a stat on one piece and then the box will appear, checking it will make you confirm you want to make the changes to all applicable pieces before closing the customization window.

Im not in game right now. This works?? Can we do the same with legendary rune sets?

If not I would love a nice pulldown menu option to set all items to a single stat and same to set all 6 runes to a single type. THe runes in particular it seems unlikely that many people will commonly mix superior sets vs using a set of 6 due to 6th typical 6th rune benefits.

I love the armory and this would add some good improvement it seems like. At least for the rune sets cause its extra clicks since you have to select a piece of armor then select the rune then choose off the pulldown menu by clicking again before you can accept x6. I suspect Anet would rather just sell us another equipment tab however which was part of the justification for making the armory without trying monetize it.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

@ Moradorin yes it works for armor and trinkets/backpiece. So everything in the armor is one set and everything in trinket/back/amulet/ring is another set. It works similar to GW2Skills editor (or vice versa).

Ohh sweet! I didnt notice I have been doing each piece by hand which is kind of inconvenient some times. Thank you!

• Like 1

Dang!  I've been doing it the hard way, never noticed those check boxes by the Stat/Rune before today.

Thanks ANET  🙂

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Ohh sweet! I didnt notice I have been doing each piece by hand which is kind of inconvenient some times. Thank you!

• Like 2

As is right now, you can:

- select all stats for armor, combined with rune if you have legendary runes (select it on 1 item, then toggle the checkbox and have it apply to all armor pieces). Don't think this works with regular runes, but assigning those beats having to assign each stats individually

- select all stats for weapons, again with sigils if you have legendary sigils (same as armor)

- select all stats for trinkets (same as armor)

If you ctrl+c the name of the stat you want (copy text to clipboard) and ctrl+v (paste text from clipboard), you can even go through all 3 subsections (armor, weapons, trinkets) rather quickly.

The thing which takes up the most time currently is assigning individual infusions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Toypocalypse

Can we have a permanent version of this please?

We could also have an Invasion game mode, in which the monsters were those from the wild, such as drakes, and from the lowest bats in wave 1 to Karka Queen as one of the Random bosses at the end of wave 5 or so.

We could build the current catas, walls, etc... as defenses, and use rifles only.

Have a good day people.

So no playable Largos in EoD, thats sad, very sad but i can take it, iiiif you put Largos Fin backpack back on store so i can make a blue sylvari bootleg largos, maybe abyss stalker outfit too? Please Anet this will help alot with wiping out my Largos fanboy tears.

Edited by AquaBR.9250
  • Confused 1

The current Black Lion Chest is giving out the Endless Mystery Tonic (Furniture Polish) even though this novelty has already been unlocked on my account.

I currently have 2 of these sitting in my bank, absolutely useless to me.

The keys were paid for with real world money.

I try to help out the downtrodden and poor by buying them at Christmas time and this is what I get in return, an absolutely useless item that can't be traded.

Its like getting a lump of coal in your stocking from Ebenezer Scrooge on Christmas morning, Bah Humbug !!!

At the very least make this item soulbound on use.

The mini map is realy problematic in big size computer screen, it is so smal and whe can't make the map bigger to match the higger resolution. I want to point that in original guild wars the map can be cuztomized in any way whe want. I am not asking for a floating map like gw1 but whe need to be able to make it BIGGER🙏

On Chuka and Champawat I wish that the tiger cubs that one's character has on its back, that it could be customized for the size of one's character. For example when I get to the tiger cubs' den, the cubs are a bigger size (normal size) then when my character has them on her back. I made my character in the biggest size, who is an asura, so when she has the cubs on her back they look very small and I wish that they were in bigger size. It would be nice to have the cubs costumized to your characters size/scale so if you have a wing backpack and the cub on you then the cub would show better if it was in a bigger size. Otherwise the cub would not be shown.

I wish that there was a story or something that could make them "grow up", just like the Skyscale and Aurene did in the story missions. So when these cubs became adolescent or adults they could be with one's character almost all the time (like the rangers pets) and help with missions etc., both in the story and around Tyria etc.

Ps: If my idea is in the wrong topic or place then please let me know so I can remove it and put it to the right place. Also please let me know on which category I should put it on.

Dragon Slayer Mastery - should autoloot and autoconsume essences of vigilance, resilience, and valor, from nearby slain monsters. By the time players earn Dragon Slayer, we shouldn't have to be running around like headless chickens just to obtain the benefits of these essences.

Salvage Piles and Wreckage nodes in Drizzlewood Coast should be placed in accessible areas. There are many that are elevated above the ground, stuck in the sides of mountains, walls, etc. that can't be harvested.

Move the journal notes from inside the Drizzlewood Coast cache keeper areas - it's incredibly frustrating trying to loot the chests with those stupid things in the way. Often times players will run around multiple times just to make sure the chests were looted, because sometimes they open up, but aren't properly 'searched' or 'looted' - which could be as a result of these journal notes getting in the way. Very bad location to put these things, honestly.

Have some type of option to 'loot all' chests from the Frost Citadel Meta end - why do we have to go around opening, what, like 30 chests? Individually. Surely there should be a quicker, more convenient way? Maybe something that can be purchased from the vendors to loot all chests when they're nearby?

When harvesting nodes in Drizzlewood Coast, if you, like me, have "Autotargeting" enabled, then when you go to harvest mining nodes, salvage piles and wreckages in particular, if there are ANY enemies nearby, then your character will focus on the enemies, whilst still doing the harvesting animation, but not actually harvest anything at all. This is incredibly frustrating, as you either have to turn off autotargeting (which is highly impractical, being as you're slaying enemies all the time), or try and zoom in your camera to first-person-shooter-style to ONLY focus on the node so that the game doesn't autotarget any nearby enemies, and thus allowing you to harvest from said nodes.

Edited by Zaoda.1653
  • Like 1

I'm not saying that this is an issue because I don't profess to speak for anyone but myself. However with the game being seen as extremely inclusive it baffles me that 9 years later we still have Male and Female options when creating a character.

I'm not suggesting a third should be added for non-binary... why not just remove the text below the characters?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

So, I find it extremely annoying, having to select stats, infusions and sigils again and again and again once you unequipped it.
What if we make it to "remember" the last prefix and upgrades we selected before unequiped? So when we need to equip it again, it has at stats and upgrades.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The Wandering Weapon Master outfit includes a pair of sheathed blades horizontal at the back of the waist as well as a pair diagonal behind the shoulder. The proportions and designs (from what is visible) of these blades are fantastic. I would love to be able to have my character actually use these weapon skins (perhaps not all four at once😁) in their current proportions.

• Like 4