[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Pact Commander QoL Improvements

I have all of these masteries, so this is about helping new players.  

The order of the Pact Commander masteries is backwards IMO.  Pact Mentor is currently 1st, but it should be last.  It implies that you know so much about the game that you can guide other people through.  Making this the very 1st ability for a player makes no sense.  I should require some level of investment, such as: unlocking all the CTM points.

On the complete opposite, Advanced Logistics should be the 1st ability to unlock.  No one wants to tediously go around spamming a button after a fight to loot stuff.  Players miss out on a ton of loot because of this.  Namely because they forget they have to do it and more so when a zerg is moving fast.  To be fair, is should be an default option in both PvE and WvW, not something that requires points to spec into.  It's 2022, let move away from the manual looting model in games.

• Confused 3

Can we get Usable skins stashed and stacked inside the wardrobe, instead of fill up our inventory or bank storage? When we add a skin to wardrobe, the free usable should stack inside too, instead of use a transmutation the first time when we leave the skin somewhere on another toon or bank tab.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't see any problem with adding both titles and letting players choose which one they want to use.

(I don't have strong feeling about it, because it's not a title I'm ever likely to use, but I can't see any reason to object to other players having the option if they want it.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

A big flaw in Gw2, especially for newer players, is that gearing is unclear. The game doesn't guide you into the right gear set like other MMOs which can be a huge gate keeper for endgame content.

I would recommend adding a gearing guide in the aerodrome similar to the DPS testing area or even in the same instance as the DPS test. Once you hit level 80 you get a prompt telling you to go to the aerodrome and talk to a NPC, the NPC asks what role you are looking to play, i.e dps, healer, boon support(quick/alac) etc, and when you click on which one you'd like to play, the game gives you the gear set and the proper traits to run it but only in that instance. This way players understand which gear they need to buy and how to set their traits without having to use a third party source. I believe this will also greatly increase the number of players that do endgame instance content in gw2. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Morozzko.2136 said:

pls make infusions wardrobe

a legendary infusion could be nice, like the legendary runes and legendary sigils.  adding all infusions to the  armory is a bit much.  
as for legendary infusions. I expect you to need to craft 9 if you want to place it in 9 slots on a single character.  I expect the stats to be the standard +5 to a single stat: power, healing, or some such.  I am not sure what the agony rating should be.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

In WvW,

You could make a symbol/Icon for each Maxed Mastery.

That way we could choose by ticking a box, which Maxed masteries to display, in order to let other players know what roles you wanna play; instead of commanders asking who jas what maxed out.

For instance if you have flame Ram maxed, everybody would know, and someone with lower level can just step aside and let you do it.

Reduce the cooldown for the Recharging Teleport To Friend item to either 15 or 30 minutes, and allow the cooldown to continue ticking down when the character is logged out.

The main reason why people won't purchase the Recharging Teleport To Friend item is because it is not alt friendly, since the cooldown timer pauses when you log out - and if you use your alts for only a few minutes per day at a particular spot, this makes it pretty useless for alts, because if you're only logging in for a few seconds or minutes per alt, it will take A LONG TIME to be able to use the Recharging Teleport To Friend item on that particular character again, and thus, ONLY useful for a main character you're playing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sunlight vision headgear skin should be a mystic forge item.

We already have to combine 2 items for it, might aswell give us the item straighr off the bat rather than having to exchange the output item with an NPC once a year.... only.

Alternatively place an NPC in towns that will exchange these kind of items all year round.

• Confused 2

Minor quality of life change, could the TP be updated so it isn't possible to request items at less than their minimum value? It's such a random nuisance when trying to sell an item and the offered price is less than the minimum. Then I can't sell my item, and the person asking for it will never receive it, and it's just annoying for everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1.  Recharging Teleport To Friend Stone:  The recharge time only processes while logged into that character.  This means using it for alts that you use for farming/niche goals is not very useful.  Please make it so that the cooldown time processes while not logged into that character, or at most slow it down so that it will regenerate its use after ~12 hours or something. 

2. Rested EXP:  Right now when you log in and are at Arborstone the rested EXP timer starts ticking immediately.  Please pause rested EXP duration while in Arborstone.

3. Fishing Equipment:  So this one is a bit more in depth for me to explain.  For the first part, I would like to say that the current system is very limiting.

* The 'Fishing Rod' is unlocked account-wide, and does not formally take up an inventory slot similar to other gathering tools.  This part is fine.

* The 'Lure' and 'Bait' however, are individual to the character.  This means that fishing is usually very specifically done on one character that you've designated as your fisher, so fishing is not likely to happen when playing on non-fishing-mains.  It is quite inconveniently different from the other gathering professions that people will do on any character that has tools on them at a moments notice.

* Fishing requires substantially more inventory space.  For reference I keep 15+ of each type of bait package on my character, not including the baits that have been opened and not used up (so up to 14 slots just for opened baits not in use), ~5 stacks of fishing lures, and a stack of fishing-exclusive buff food.  This is a lot of inventory used up.  It also further emphasizes why we don't fish on our other characters.

All of this is to say that the Fishing system in the game could use a huge quality-of-life overhaul.  I have a list of suggestions, some of which work together and some that might be overkill if all utilized at the same time.

1. The 'Fishing' section of the Hero Panel becomes its own container for all of the 'baits'.  This also becomes account-wide so that your baits are accessible for all of your characters.  Probably not for lures since those are the equivalent of our gathering tools, and having one infinite use tool be usable account-wide would not be fair with the current state of the rest of the game.
  2. If #1 is dreaming too big, then perhaps make it so that bait is stored in the material storage and can be exclusively accessed via the Fishing-5 skill.

4. Expand the Fishing UI:  It is very clunky going into the Hero panel every time we want to check the status on our remaining bait and lures, or see what our fishing power is at.  Please either add these details to the fishing-in-progress-window or a separate UI widget specifically for showing them while we have fishing rods out.  It could be right above the fishing minigame bar;  [Bait-name + remaining] [Lure Name + remaining] [Fishing Power Total] or something like that.  There isn't a lot going on that it would be too UI-flooding to see them.

5. Fishing Party Stacks:  Right now we lose all of our fishing stacks if we're off our boat for ~20 seconds or if we're forced to change instances.  This makes it so that if we're fishing and go to join the fight against a Leviathan, we lose our stacks - or if we're in a big fishing group and change from Seitung to Kaineng to chase more Leviathans, we lose our stacks, or if the instance is determined to not be full enough it threatens to close on us in an hour and when that time comes we lose our fishing stacks.  It's kind of a pain in the butt to lose your fishing stacks is what I'm saying.  Please make it so that Fishing Stacks persist through map changes, that we do not lose our fishing stacks when we're off our boats for even up to 2 minutes (which will help with map changes and loading times), and that we do not lose our fishing stacks when we change instances.

I think thats all I have to say on this topic for now.  Thank you for reading.

Edited by LoreChief.8391
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, LoreChief.8391 said:

2. Rested EXP:  Right now when you log in and are at Arborstone the rested EXP timer starts ticking immediately.  Please pause rested EXP duration while in Arborstone.

"If you are already Well Rested, any elapsed time will be returned to you when you leave the inn unless you log out."

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have an idea regarding resurrecting another player.

I always like to thank people who resurrect me, but in the heat of battle, like a boss fight, it is difficult to type and the player wouldn't likely be reading it anyway.

My idea should be simple to add. I suggest a system like War Thunder uses. When your vehicle is damaged and another player helps you repair it, a hotkey appears on the screen, by default [T], and if you simply press that key, not only does it type "Thank you!" into chat, but also speaks it aloud in the game.

How cool would it be in GW2 to have your character thank another player in their voice by pressing only a single key?

Edited by TESLA.7415
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

== FRIEND LIST NOTE FEATURE ==

Can we have friend list with note feature, like what WoW have on friend list.

Right now, we can only set nickname. The issue is, it not possible to have non alphabet character, and because it feature for nickname. Writing long note feel wrong, and also because nickname will replace their real name.

Having note will help player to track their friend list. to remember who he is, why we meet, when we meet. It's will improve the social aspect of player who never go to discord and just playing game and meet in game friend.

Edited by Gharuda.7805
  • Sad 1