[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

So i just crafted my first piece of the medium leggy pve armor, more specifically the chest piece . It looks really good and has some cool animation with huge wings when entering combat. But why the kitten does that really nice piece of armor grow into something to horrendous. it legit just becomes another kitten coat and medium armor already has way to many of them.The other pieces dont bother me as much since they look pretty kitten all the time and not just in combat. Anet please make it so you can toggle it off/on

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, TESLA.7415 said:

I have an idea regarding resurrecting another player.

I always like to thank people who resurrect me, but in the heat of battle, like a boss fight, it is difficult to type and the player wouldn't likely be reading it anyway.

My idea should be simple to add. I suggest a system like War Thunder uses. When your vehicle is damaged and another player helps you repair it, a hotkey appears on the screen, by default [T], and if you simply press that key, not only does it type "Thank you!" into chat, but also speaks it aloud in the game.

How cool would it be in GW2 to have your character thank another player in their voice by pressing only a single key?

My sylvari usually says "oh thank you" after being revived without me pressing any key.

• Thanks 1

Make (an option for) DRAWN WEAPONS (TO) STAY DRAWN INDEFINITELY.

...or make an actual running animation for the male sylvari. I've seen my fair share of heavy-bottomed people run, but this guy takes the cake, thin as he is.
Obviously just personal preference for the running. But it's not how anybody who's ever moved by more than a meter would run, not to mention a power fantasy of a hands-on world savior.

• Like 2

Please consider opening up zone borders the length of one Griffon.

You've bordered most zones in these amazing mountains, but the invisible wall often starts just before their tops. If we could have just enough space to get up there and summon our Griffons, it'd open up a lot more opportunity for riding the best mount in the game.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

• Gibson.4036 changed the title to Can we get zone borders pushed out the length of one Griffon?

So I would like to see buildcraft/theorycrafting be more accessible to people who don't have full legendaries and my thought is if the Special Forces Training Area was given a mode where it allows you to use "dummy" gear and build in place of your "real" gear and build. The "dummy" version would be like legendary in that you can set the stats to anything, same with build even if you don't have the spec unlocked on the character (provided you have the related expansion). This way you can try different stuff out, check the numbers, and then make a decision on what kind of stats you want to go for or specialization you want to go unlock on that character without needing to do that part first, or rely solely on a build guide.

I think the PvP lobby setup is kind of like this? But that's limited to PvP version of abilities, if I'm not mistaken? So can't buildcraft for non-PvP with it. That is kind of the inspiration for the design of it that I have in mind tho.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How about your update forgotten content like Dragon Response Missions (DRM), Prismaticite Crystal and Ghost Peppers?

We can't even sell Prismaticite Crystal and Ghost Peppers to vendors. Not to mention that the Ghost Pepper is the only currency you can't consume for volatile magic. Prismaticite Crystal is useless and you even gave us an option to buy a home node for it ☠️

DRM are even less played than dungeons and they are in the Eye of the North where lots of players gather 😨 

Edited by corwin.3495
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Lets start this by saying the content i mainly play is raids, the rewards for raids is a radom exotic per boss and cm. If you clear the bosses and cm's on one char you get so many unique unstackable items in your inventory. 2 per boss because of the chest. Yes there is a bank in the aerodrome and yes you could just salvage/sell everytime you get one but hear me out.

Unidentified Exotic Gear.

Suddely you have a reward that is exactly the same as what the bosses drop, as well as some meta's and ot stacks.

Less inventory clutter and a better reward than an unidentified rare, which seems to be the go-to reward anet hands out. If a meta needs a better reward instead of just giving another unid rare, swap it to an unid exotic. This seems so simple to me, why do we not have it?

• Confused 1

Over the years many things that were soulbound have become account bound. You've added shared inventory slots. Now you have announced the Legendary Armory so legendary items become shared. Now, I think it's time to make gathering tools shared as well. My idea is three shared slots for Gathering Tools with the ability to choose different skins for each character.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The ability to delay or , preferably, completely turn off the skill description from the skill bar (when using a mouse to click on skills). They are fine when you are learning skills, but after that they are just a visual burden that clutters the screen.

People has been asking for this for years, and we still don't have it. It's frustrating.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Please add an "Auto-Usage-Bot" to the Gems store.

If I use this item it shows something like a NPC-Trade dialog with 2 tabs

- Tab 1 shows usabale items in my inventory, if I click on one it's added to the "Auto-Usage"-list

- Tab 2 shows the "Auto-Usage"-list, if I click on one of the items it's removed from the "Auto-Usage"-list.

Whenever an item in the "Auto-Usage"-list is added to the inventory, it's automatically used, e.g. a bag is opened , luck is cosumed, unindentified gear is identified, ...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So I just made my first Gen 3 weapon a while ago and after some time I decided to test how the kill effect works. Doesn't seem to have a required amount of mobs to kill before it procs but I did notice that it wasn't triggering on multiple mobs in quick succession and it seemed like it had some sort of internal cooldown.

Now I completely understand that this is because they didn't want an obnoxious amount of effects and cause a huge amount of lag on populated events/metas, but wouldn't it be better to just have the kill effects to only be visible to the user and remove the internal cooldown with a more reasonable trigger chance. Or perhaps making it like an passive where you can have up to 3 kill effects happen soon after another (if you are lucky) and behave like ammo skill cooldowns.

Feels sorta  "predictable" or something the way it works atm; kinda lessens the surprise factor and removes some of the fun out of it. I just would like to see some surprise fireworks displays every once in a while and see like a garden of branded crystals.

• Confused 1

Please make professions account wide.

It does not justify having to start a profession all over again with another character from the beggining. 

I maxed all professions except Scribe, which is very difficult to level up.

I want to make various other characters into scribes, but going pass level 28 with one is a challenge in ot self, let alone a few more.

Please make this a reality. 

When we want to become a weaponsmith or otherwise, with another character, it should automatically be the max level we have achieved with others. 

Imagine certain people having 50+ characters, they would have to go through this painful and agonising process 100 times.

I don't find crafting particularly fun.

It's just a process that you really don't want to do but you have no choice.

We feel forced to do it, as many things are bound to it.

Thanks for your understanding .

---

In Guild. 

Influence is no longer earned. 

It has no purpose being on display if it doesn't exist.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

The window that pops up to enter and exit fractals, the one where all five players vote, is very obnoxious. It is large, opaque, and often pops up when we are trying to do something else. It also makes one feel like poking the one player that is not ready to enter or leave, even if we know they may have perfectly valid reasons for delaying. I know it can be dragged somewhere else on the screen, but that is not enough. I would much prefer something smaller and slightly off from the centre of my screen. I would also like to be able to minimise it.

• Confused 1

Not sure if this is where I should put this but I will put it here and see what happens. 

For the last 41 hrs 21 Min I have been working on a world completion with no deaths to pay homage to the old GW1 achievement of Legendary Survivor for the 10th year of GW2.  I can say that after 6 attempts that I was able to complete this, as my other attempts failed for various reasons, some of them Anets...like putting a vista in the middle of a jumping puzzle. But I have completed the core Tyria world map completion, but that is not enough for me, for you see I will be going onto the other maps to complete those as well. 

So here is my suggestion make achievements for such a task that players can attempt ( yes I understand that in a MMO that ppl assisting you will make it super easy). Put a stipulation on the achievements that no parties no squads and that you have to have x percent of the hearts. 

This again pays homage to the old legendary survivor title form GW1. 

There could be three tiers to this 

First Tier: Nulla Mors :  Completing Tyria world Completion 

Second Tier Nulla Mors Summum For completing the full world Every single map 

Third Tier: Domine non est mors: Full world all maps no deaths no downed. 

Can only be completed once on an account 

I think this would add a very intense game play for players trying to achieve all three. Make these Achievements Titles once completed and give out some grand reward if all three are achieved. Something like 7 black lion keys as an example. 

I would have added a screen shot of the completion but I am unable to but please think this over and if you do bring these achievements in please Grandfather me in as I will not be doing this again. 

Thank you for your time 

•  
  • Confused 3

Players are waving with their money at you. Please take it.

I want to store more food, trophies, and all the unfinished collections stuff that I probably going to need some day.

And of course my Flask of Tears stays for the sheer pain it took to obtain it.

To ANet:

1. At bank tab maximum number in database: Type a big number.
  2. ...
  3. Profit!

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2