[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

37 minutes ago, Avelione.6075 said:

Can you please make Community Boon Bonfires so that a player cannot set it up BEFORE choosing a boon. PLEASE. 

I play a lot and I've seen  "abandoned" community bonfires way too many times (set up bonfire, but NO boon to gain by using it). either becasue a player is new and doesn't know any better or they are just trolling.  The current mechanism of setting them up makes the latter much too notorious 😜 First choose a boon, then set "mesh" and then make people throw timberwood into it. Would solve the problem, make it impossible to troll

Or...this is the reason: 

• If a specific boost is already obtained by the owner, you will be unable to select that boost to share until that specific boost is removed from you. If you have all three boosts prior to placement, you will be unable to light the bonfire. The bonfire will remain available to light for up to 15 minutes.

In PoT tangled deepths chak meta event, there could be better interaction with reward chest, basicly i want to click it once on chest on side, and it open instanly and go to my inventory with just list on side. I dont want to see mini window with showoff what i get, i dont care. Just give me a loot. Generally give the option to not show this mini window when right clicking chests. This rule applies to other events with mini window. we dont need it.

Doing fishing achievements, Put a Free fish tank in a house.

Then why not add a Fish Tank/pond/fountain/feature to home Instances so players can go get Fish to put in them or Sell them on the Gem store?

then it gives Anet more options to create more Fish to hunt to customize their fish tanks.

• Like 1

Could the next wizard vault refresh add guaranteed wardrobe unlocks? Even if it's only a few and at high AC price it would be a great lottery ticket cuz it can either give a skin you like or one you dont like and it's not like you profit from it since you cant sell the skin you obtain and chances of getting the skin you wanted to buy are very slim 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please improve the UI and really sell it as a feature. The UI in its current form could do much more to help new players understand the game. Players generally can greatly benefit from such a change, they just need a chance to understand how. It doesn't have to be fixed all at once; that would be a monumental task!

This problem can be broken down into improvement of at least 3 components: 

1. LFG

2. Game HUD

3. Other menus

1. The LFG is probably the most talked about element to fix if end game activities are to be sustained. It should not be hidden in the Social menu. It may be better to split it based on game mode: sPvP, WvW, and PvE. For example: the LFG for sPvP or WvW could just go in the associated menu that we have now. This could open up space for a proper PvE content menu. Selecting a dungeon or raid would go directly to the (improved) LFG menu. This is where an in-game event timer might go too.

2. Game HUD is a big bucket and could possibly be broken down further. The biggest issue is the effects bar. It is not readable, especially when it trails behind the mini map. This is exacerbated by weapons like ele hammer and pistol, as well as harbinger's profession mechanic. These things are not clear enough for the user if they're hidden in the effects bar. Since clarity is often subjective, the biggest improvement would be to give customisation options here. That could extend to other elements like the skill bar. FF14 gives people the option for more flavorful or more simple elements, which may also be good in GW2. Resizeable elements is a must too. It's a shame GW2 had to move away from the customizable UI experienced in GW1.

3. Other menus, such as everything in the hero panel, the inventory window,  the trading post, and the wizard's vault should be unified stylistically.

Windows in the hero panel are a branching mess and should be flattened. The user should be able to access any window here with a single click. Side note: the mini window has a noticeable start up delay associated with it, resourcing if it's the selected window when reopening the hero panel.

The currency menu should be split from the inventory menu, accessible separately.  It's weird to have these tied together; it's made more jarring if they have different dimensions. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

I see no reason to somehow split pvp/wvw into their own lfg.

2. I agree that the current biggest HUD offender is the boon bar. Split it into categories, maybe even set each boon in its own static place (similarly to http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ ), make semi-transparent the ones that are inactive, light up the ones active. Add a tick box in settings menu to "enable dragging" so players can put them wherever they want on their screen. The remaining banner/booster/special effects remain grouped together (and don't need static places, as opposed to combat boons/condis) and are also available to be put in any place the player wants on the screen.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

Orbs of Latent Magic are difficult to see in Amnytas during the day.

I'm referring to the ambient particles of magic scattered around the sky of open world PvE zones. In LWS3, they're known as Unbound Magic, and in LWS4, they're Volatile Magic. In SotO, these are Latent Magic, and when you touch them, they grant 2-4 currency of the zone they're in. In Amnytas specifically, these grant Stardust, a critical component of the upcoming Obsidian legendary armor. The account-wide daily limit of about 100 Stardust from Latent Magic makes these a reliable supplementary source of Stardust toward the total amount needed.

In Amnytas during the day, the sky takes on an orange glow, with gently swirling clouds. Since Amnytas is made of floating islands, the sky encompasses them in all directions, including from below. Static orbs of Latent Magic are found predominantly between the islands, surrounded by nothing but the sky. But Latent Magic orbs are the same swirling orange color as the daytime sky, which makes them difficult to see. The brightly-colored buildings can also obscure Latent Magic this way. Furthermore, Amnytas is full of orange cosmetic particles, which pop in and out of existence throughout the area.

Here are three screenshots of Latent Magic orbs in Amnytas. They are easier to see in static screenshots like this. In-game, the orbs are constantly shifting color, as well as the background, which makes their shape poorly defined. They need to be approached in three-dimensional space, and the only indicator of how close they are is their apparent size on screen. However, when much of the orbs blend in with the background, it becomes hard to gauge their apparent size, and causes me to miss them until I've flown past them, at which point they appear in front of my character, and I need to backtrack.

One way to counteract this is to always position oneself such that the islands are the background. The dark stone textures and other terrain features make Latent Magic easier to spot. However, doing this requires zigzagging back and forth in an unnatural path between the orbs, which takes far longer than flying between them in straight lines. The most natural path is mostly parallel to the islands, which positions the orange sky as the main background.

Another way is to wait for night to fall, which causes the sky to turn blue, while the orbs remain orange. However, the three SotO meta-events structure a player's play session in a rigid way, because the daily bonus chests grant the refined versions of the zone currencies, equivalent to 250 unrefined currency. Since this is a greater source of currency, gathering Latent Magic must be a secondary task, performed in between the meta-events. The Amnytas meta-event takes up almost the entire duration of nighttime, and participating in the entire event chain rewards further unrefined currency in addition to the Pouch of Stardust. Most of the time, gathering Latent Magic fits between the meta-events during daytime, especially since SotO zones have the standard day/night cycle where nighttime is only 40 minutes long.

Latent Magic orbs appear to use an identical particle effect across all SotO zones. Since they are easily visible in Skywatch Archipelago and Inner Nayos, simply changing their colors to better suit Amnytas might shift the visibility problem to one of those zones instead.

Could they be given a thin, dark spherical outline? Like a transparent shell or bubble that encapsulates the magic. This would help communicate their apparent size on screen, so that they could be approached in three-dimensional space more easily. The combination of bright interior colors and dark outline would also make them clearly visible regardless of the background.

I think this is worth considering because of the fact that players are incentivized to gather tens of thousands of these orbs on their journey toward legendary armor, whereas on the development side, it only requires making changes to one model that will automatically apply to all instances of Latent Magic.

Edited by Shaman.2034
Topic was merged into another thread. I added the title of the topic to my post to give more context.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Honestly if people are starting to worry about UI changes and games structure changes.

Its basically a hint for the game is aging so, what you do with things that age, reproduce, bring youth, in video games that means.

New game.

Guild Wars 3.

GW1 had a great time, GW2 came at the right time.

I think GW3 the time is now, I would have expected it a bit sooner too. Its overdue, the time now is a good time.

So what if you have to start from 0 again, the 10000s of hours all over again from scratch. How you think GW1 players felt. How was the run GW2, it was good. It seems like its coming to an end if everyone is talking structure changes, agining changes, etc.  End as in its just hanging in there, obviously its gonna but there is a difference game being something compared to its just hanging in there.

Time for GW3.

Edited by uberkingkong.8041
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8

7 minutes ago, uberkingkong.8041 said:

Honestly if people are starting to worry about UI changes and games structure changes.

Its basically a hint for the game is aging so, what you do with things that age, reproduce, bring youth, in video games that means.

New game.

Guild Wars 3.

GW1 had a great time, GW2 came at the right time.

I think GW3 the time is now, I would have expected it a bit sooner too. Its overdue, the time now is a good time.

So what if you have to start from 0 again, the 10000s of hours all over again from scratch. How you think GW1 players felt. How was the run GW2, it was good. It seems like its coming to an end if everyone is talking structure changes, agining changes, etc.  End as in its just hanging in there, obviously its gonna but there is a difference game being something compared to its just hanging in there.

Time for GW3.

"if I need new tires, it's better to just buy a new car!"

No.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

the current biggest HUD offender is the boon bar. Split it into categories, maybe even set each boon in its own static place

This. So much this.

In the heat of a fight I want to be able to read status effects at a glance, not search for them.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"if I need new tires, it's better to just buy a new car!"

No.

Every thread is a GW3 thread if you just try hard enough. /s

I guess I don't have much to add to the discussion. The UI is far from perfect but what should you do? A rework of the LFG panel would certainly help a lot, condensing the many far too many  categories and sub categories into fewer ones. And maybe getting rid of the ones that no one uses, ANet has the numbers on those I guess. The boonbar is fine, maybe some options to make the symbols bigger/smaller or something that adds a second bar when the bar goes under the map would be cool.

• Confused 1

Boon/condi tables for both the player and target are barely readable on higher resolutions even if you choose the largest UI setting.

Improving these would actually benefit the general player base skill in playing the game. It's really hard to expect from players to maintain or react to certain statuses if they are barely readable. Too small, too hidden in all the mess of different statuses (and they just keep adding more) and hardly any distinction between different effects. Barely any customisation possible. The only customization is linked to the overall size of the UI which is basically no customization.

And I just wrote my recommendations on LFG in different topic so I won't repeat. I would just point out that LFG is the ONLY in-game tool through which players can actually communicate with each other across the whole mega server. All maps are instanced, there is no global chat and even hub maps are instanced. So there is no other way to get your msg outside your instance to players that are not already on your friend list or in your guild. As such it should be a top notch tool. Sadly it's worse than the tools we had in games from the 90's. 

• Confused 1

With regards to the HUD specifically I think just making it player-customisable would be ideal. Allow players to resize things (individually of the base UI scaling options already in the game), move things around, and adjust things based on what they think they may need for effective gameplay, such as how many boon/condition icons are visible. Allowing players to share their custom UIs via import/export option would be beneficial too.

• Confused 1

IMPORTANT REQUEST since it would help elementalist especially: could we get a third row for buffs? Right now we have 2 rows: one for the boons (might, aegis, etc) and a second one for every other one. Could you add a third row which is exclusive for buffs related to traits, signets and the abilities related ones like the elementalist pistol? There is still space for a third row next to the portraits of the characters in a party and it wouldnt be as cumbersome as one row being extra long. 

Edited by andreiblue.8231

Please give an option to the gear slots and build slots, to be switched 1to1. So we can organize how they are listed. 

For example i wanna put dps build from 1 to number4 & the healer from slot4 to slot1.

Right now we have to remove or override a whole slot in order to place something inside

Edited by Virdo.1540
  • Sad 1

Don't know if this would be better in Gem Store requests or here, but nevertheless. 

Please make it possible to hide twigs/branches from the Winter Monarch outfit.

The outfit is awesome, but the shoulder twigs spoil it.

Can you make it part of the shoulder bit, so when we untick the box to not display, it hides that too?

It would be marvellous. 

Thanks 😊 

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 2

Could the crystallized caches at the end of Tangled Depths meta be replaced by 4 "greater" crystallized caches that could spawn where a chak gerent dies and also have a chance to drop a chak egg sac? The auric basin meta has 5 chests with a chance to drop the aurilium vial, this way the tangled depths meta would also 5 chests with a chance and the chak infusion wont continue to cost more than the 10k gold limit of the trading post. This would also solve the "stare at the wall" part of the meta

Edited by andreiblue.8231

/!\ Be careful, a long post in very bad English is coming (and I'm sorry for that)/!\

Hi all !

Playing GW2 since its launch (with several breaks), I think that the richness of Guild Wars 2 lies in the diversity of its content. I wanted to offer ideas that I may have had while playing. Some are probably impractical, some have already been proposed several times and others may seem minor but could greatly improve the gaming experience

I) ) Reasonable
1) Masteries: New category

A new category for unused mastery points. This could be XP on all maps and powered with all types of mastery points. This would give interest to our unused mastery points and make us want to seek out all the available points while therefore increasing the appeal of all the expansions.

-Mounted movement speed (1% per point / 10%)
- Mount skill cooldowns (1% per point / -15%)
- Mount skill damage (1% per point / 15%)
- Hang glider movement speed ((1% per point / 10%)
- Fishing power (5 apr point / 50)
- Magic Discovery (1% per point / infinite)
- Gold Overdraft 1% per point / Infinite)
- Bonus XP ((1% per point / Infinite)
- Karma gain (1% per point / Infinite)

- Etc.

2) Buff Masteries

Be able to use all masteries on all maps (cantha buff, IBS buff, HOT mushroom buff...)

This could be done via the repair workbenches which would be “reworked” and would give access to the unlocked mastery buffs (with a limit all the same, such as the choice of a single buff per extension) or via workbenches to appear as the IBS workbench (this could even be a new master's degree),

This would once again increase the interest in unlocking all the masteries in all the expansions, making them more useful.

3) Hang Gliding Skill – Blood Magic
→ Usable everywhere

4) Various improvement of masteries

Buff Masteries: Increased durations to 30 min
Jade Drone Teleport: Reduce the cooldwon or not limit it to a single use as long as you stay on the map.
Jade Drone: Have access to all unlocked improvements, especially our characters…
Jade Drôen: More sensors / Cores / Chips. This feature I find is under-exploited.

5) Skin wars: Wardrobe infusions, with much more effect

Lightning, wind, mist, flame, etc...

6) GUILD wars: Recruitment panel / Guild search

A real recruitment system, in-game guild presentation. (in the guild window for example) which does not require a person connected in the lfg).

7) Service area: Content instanced

A HUB with access to all available instanced content: Dungeons, fractal, raid, strike, DRM.

😎 Mystical Coin / Mystical Clover

Weekly reward for:
- Dungeons,
- Each meta event (so that some regain popularity)

9) Don't be afraid new player / QOL : Reduction of different currencies and keys

Merger of the following currencies & keys:
- Proofs of heroics, testimonies of desert Heroics, testimonies of jade Heroics,
- Geodes and Bandit Crests,
- Zephyirite lock picks and bandit skeleton keys,
- Airship Parts, Lumps of Aurillium, Ley Line Crystals,
- Pact Crowbars, Exalted Keys, Vials of Chak Acid, Machetes
- Unbound Magic and Volatile Magic,
- Blue prophet shards, Green prophet shards,
- fractal relics, pristine fractal relics
- Static charges, pines of stardust, calcified Gasps.

II) Crazy

1) Graphics Improvement

The 11 years of GW2 are starting to make themselves felt As said previously, the game could still offer a ton of necessary content for the next 10 years, but without graphical improvement, it will be difficult to last over time and continue to play. attract new players.
A graphical rework coupled with an increase in available platforms could probably attract a lot of new players,

2) A naval-themed expansion

Who never dreams of playing a pirate in GW2?
A new mastery for a combat boat (this time with the possibility for the players in the group to move on it),
A guild ship that can accommodate a full squad with various mechanics for piloting the boat requiring several people as well as for combat.

A redesign of the aquatic system would, I think, be too complex and would require too many resources; the “terrestrial” content could then be limited to islands and “atlandtis” type underwater areas to explore.
An MCM map on the theme of course!
New elite specializations finally using aquatic weapons as land weapons.

3) New Masteries: Customizable Mount

Anyway, the skyscale overshadows the other mounts a lot!

A new, somewhat special mount:
- A racial base skin (interchangeable obviously): horse for humans, “ship” for asuras, tank for Charr, something plant-based for Sylvary, Mammoth for norns 😄
- No particular mounting skills: Choice of movement skills among those unlocked with a switch as for weapons which would allow us to change our mount from a land version to a flying one.
- The chosen skills would add a customizable cosmetic element to our mount

4) An In-game vocal

Mute by default – Manual activation
A squad channel, a guild channel, a group channel, no need for more. Even if I am personally a player who likes writing, I think that this could greatly improve interaction between players whether in pve or mcm and would "warm up" the somewhat cold atmosphere of our lfg system: join a group , Hello, thank you, goodbye, leave the group.

5) Thief's Whim

After 11 years of play, our 2 left-handed weapons are feeling a little lonely, and with the latest addition once again being a right-handed weapon on its own, it's really starting to be miserable. At this point, we're not asking for much. Simply for example, to go with our new right hand axe, a second left hand axe:
- skill 3: all axes thrown return to our position inflicting damage on enemies crossed,
- skill 4: the axes on the ground rotate around the character for x seconds, inflicting damage on enemies crossed.
- Skill 5: 6 axes are thrown around the characters, inflicting damage on enemies crossed.
(yes the vote is slightly distorted :D)

Mars Balancing: For some unknown reason, the thief's main sustain trait is going to be reworked and will no longer include sustain. A balancing of the healing trait accordingly to be considered, this one performs on piercing projectile weapons and underperforms on other weapons. It could then be re-worked accordingly in line with what the previous trait was (heal on critical damage).

6) Skin war: New races

Requested many times and always brushed aside for the resource cost it would require, but it seemed impossible not to mention this point. For the lore etc, I think that simplifying by having them arrive from an unknown region would be sufficient, it would be a little cheap but would nevertheless add diversity.

7) Skin wars::End of outfits – transformation of outfits into armor

Similar to the previous point.

😎 Beetle races:

That.

https://ibb.co/XbtRPHR

9) Beetle Races: A system for sharing guild hall circuits requiring joining the guild in question

10) GUILD wars: HOUSING in guild hall

Expand the guild halls by dedicating land to housing per member where everyone could build!

11) GUILD wars: Housing – Inter-guild community map

An entire map (based on classic servers) where each guild could rent land to build a small HQ!

12) GUILD wars: Allow personal harvest areas to be put in the guild hall

13) Instanced content: raid & dungeons

Don't abandon this content by releasing at least one dungeon and one raid per expansion!

14) Pvp: New game modes

Usually, I enjoy PVP a lot. However, on Guild Wars 2 I didn't like it. I think this comes from the fact that the core of the gameplay lies in moving and "tanking" points.

A little more fun modes I think would be welcome, with 10 or 15 players per team in slightly larger maps. Without reinventing the wheel, “classic” modes would be nice, which would be based on principles other than those currently available.

15) Rework of activities (shrine races etc.)

Thx for reading !

Edited by Merrow.3564
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Merrow.3564 changed the title to {Suggestion] Letter to Santa

Thanks for breaking this all into sections, makes it much easier to read!

1.1  Interesting idea, might cause some overpowered problems, i.e. mount boost along with jade bot.

1.2  Again, may cause some issues with being overpowered even more than now and the screams of pay to win 

1.3  Not opposed, as a nice CC maybe

1.4  I'm with you having it unlocked on account, and I wouldn't mind having my waypoint feature movable while I'm still on the map and not wait for cooldown unless it's used.  

1.5  More infusions are good.  Please no more flashier or brighter effects though.   Preview for them in wardrobe would be handy.  

1.6  There seems to be quite enough guild recruitment methods?

1.7  Service area?  Like the workbenches and vendors?  No.   Buy a pass if you don't like the ones in cities.  

1.8  Have you used the wizards vault?  They really can't throw more at you without playing the game for you.  

1.9  Agreed that there is currency bloat, but it does make people go back to maps and that's a positive.  How about telling new players not to worry so much and just play the game?  

2.1  I don't want to pay for GW2 Remastered.  Some touch ups, sure.  I am not interested in other platforms personally.  

2.2  I do not wish to play a pirate or pirate themed content.  

2.3  Sounds like WoW....no elekks!!!

2.4  Discord works fine

2.5  No opinion, I don't play thief

2.6  Well, one can wish, but unlikely

2.7  They make money, not going to happen 

2.8  Hamster tubes for roller beetles, sure!

2.9  You want them to join a guild or not to use the beetle track?  Confused.  

2.10  No thanks.  Sound laggy 

2.11  Many many MANY thread on housing.  No.  

2.12  That's what a home instance is for.  

2.13  The majority of players don't raid, but I'll support the development of more raids, more fractals, more WvW, and more PVP, alongside open world.  

2.14  They still haven't finished WvW alliances, so you can wait.  

2.15  Maybe just add them with each map.  Crab toss can rot.  

hello there!

i was wondering if the current guild teams functionality could be expanded by being able to not only create/add pvp teams but also fractal groups, raid/strike squads etc. being able to add specific people. this would enable to quickly head into contents, e.g. if you agree on a specific day+time with your static and with the click of a button you can invite all people of that group.

also if you're already in a group, you should get a request for join instead of when in the position of an inviter you get an error message  saying that person is already in a party/squad. 

in addition to that, it would be great that when you're in the same guild, you should be able to see open squads listed, requesting to join.

after all, i believe gw2 should be focused on guilds themselves... playing together and bringing people together...

let me know your thoughts!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1