Toxic Guilds

I do not care about the namecalling but for real why does ArenaNet not react against guilds like QQ on NA or Hunt on EU. These players are simply sociopathics and jumping, trowing blueprints all over and destroying the game for the crowd. They also love to streamsnipe or abusing bugs . Why does Anet never react? The game has become a toxic slaughterhouse.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, senftube.6081 said:

I do not care about the namecalling but for real why does ArenaNet not react against guilds like QQ on NA or Hunt on EU. These players are simply sociopathics and jumping, trowing blueprints all over and destroying the game for the crowd. They also love to streamsnipe or abusing bugs . Why does Anet never react? The game has become a toxic slaughterhouse.

if you think hunt are so toxic that it warrants an anet response then you havent really experienced eu roaming 😛

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Fruit.7624 said:

if you think hunt are so toxic that it warrants an anet response then you havent really experienced eu roaming 😛

Yeah, as someone who mostly duel(ed) in wvw, hunt are pretty chill.

• Thanks 1

When it comes to small guilds for example camping nc with ballistas and whatnot, I am more annoyed with my own team that easily outnumber them 5-10 to 1 on the map but refuse to move because their commander is on a poop break or something. Or having 5m+ reaction times. Or standing AFK in spawn waiting for their guild raid in a hour. Or being part of a 50+ man waiting for a cata to start on outer when they already tagged it. Or seeing 5 people stand at a camp with 3m timer.

Come to think of it, I’m not sure what isn’t toxic in my own team.

Nevermind I need to go chill and jump on a thief or something.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, senftube.6081 said:

I have had a lot of siege thrown on me over a decade plus. It makes me sad and happy. Sad that they lost out on coin I might have paid them to use that siege in crafting. Happy since they seem to have chosen to require their scribes to spend more and it means their side will waste more supply to do more than I will ask of my side. To me, that's a win, so I will delay my release and stay dead while I lol and they waste more and more siege and wait while they expect others inside to rez me. Course after a decade of this working, once they assume I am bluffing, will change tactics, but so far. 🙂 

Edit: sorry confused people. If you spend any time as a Roamer and get run over by a Havoc or a Zerg, you might get siege thrown on you. Pro-tip if you are a siege thrower, throw Sup siege, scribes pay more for the blue siege they need to craft guild siege from so stopping wasting money and throw the purple stuff until Anet gives scribes ways to use the superior in the recipes. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Edit: lol more details for confused posters
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Yeah, as someone who mostly duel(ed) in wvw, hunt are pretty chill.

Some of them are okay individually, but as a guild, no. When one of them gets killed, he calls all the others together and then they gang up and stalk you like crazy. They seem to be a bunch of egomaniacs. If that's not enough, they have to jump, drop blueprints or engage in other toxic behaviors. Honestly ArenaNet should start removing such players once and for all. They're not there to play but to indulge their toxic desires. Same with QQ on NA. It is the very same case there too. At the moment it is simply wild wild west in WvW and you can even write insane insults and you get nothing as punishment. The report function is completey useless aswell because ArenaNet does not moderate anything. The very same happens also with Hackers. I did report one who uses with 100% some wallhack stuff but that guy is still playing and porting with his necro under the ground when he has low HP.

Edited by senftube.6081
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, senftube.6081 said:

Dunno, but ever tried talking Hunt? Or are you just pissed off because of some FAFO moment?

Because I can name a lot of examples of guilds that are far more toxic and more often than not for absolutely zero reason.

Edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607

10 hours ago, senftube.6081 said:

Ain't you the one (from the german forum) telling almost everyone who critizises ANet's WvW to "go to PvE", "WvW is dead" and "go play another game"?

40 minutes ago, senftube.6081 said:

Some of them are okay individually, but as a guild, no. When one of them gets killed, he calls all the others together and then they gang up and stalk you like crazy. They seem to be a bunch of egomaniacs. If that's not enough, they have to jump, drop blueprints or engage in other toxic behaviors. Honestly ArenaNet should start removing such players once and for all. They're not there to play but to indulge their toxic desires. Same with QQ on NA. It is the very same case there too. At the moment it is simply wild wild west in WvW and you can even write insane insults and you get nothing as punishment. The report function is completey useless aswell because ArenaNet does not moderate anything. The very same happens also with Hackers. I did report one who uses with 100% some wallhack stuff but that guy is still playing and porting with his necro under the ground when he has low HP.

Well, try your own suggestions instead of this? Srsly, lol. Hypocrite. :p

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Fruit.7624 said:

Hunt runs with 15 people nowdays, it's not roaming.

It's either 9 hunt and 6 pugs or some similar mix chasing one guy. 

I do not understand their joy when they 10v1 single guy but that's fine, whatever brings them happiness..

it is not roaming guild, it's smallscale bombers ganking easy pray and that's fine, only thing that irritates me about them that they run if facing matching numbers till they get more people then if culled runs again. Ruins the fun of fight all the backpeddaling.

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Confused 1

This 'toxic' behavior has never really bothered me in wvw, I'm more with @Dawdler.8521 in that I'm always more concerned by the things my side can't manage than what the other side is doing . . .

And while I have no particular opinion of Hunt at all, the above post does a great job of describing the life cycle of every 'elite' roaming guild I've seen over the past ten years. It's always a small group of very very good smallscale players who get together and establish a reputation, then they get bloated with hangers on who hope to get a little cachet by association, and end up with six of them dancing over a solo they ganked in one of their camps ; p

46 minutes ago, Reztek.7805 said:

Ain't you the one (from the german forum) telling almost everyone who critizises ANet's WvW to "go to PvE", "WvW is dead" and "go play another game"?

Well, try your own suggestions instead of this? Srsly, lol. Hypocrite. 😛

More and more people are not playing this mode anymore and for good reason. Besides poor balance, cheating, manipulation and a lack of new content the developers seem to have no intention of fixing anything about the mode or the game in general. It would probably be best to simply play another game as the developers show no willingness to address any issues.

And guilds that exhibit such behavior are another nail in the coffin. So i do not see any hypocrisy here.

22 minutes ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

I do not understand their joy when they 10v1 single guy but that's fine, whatever brings them happiness..

it is not roaming guild, it's smallscale bombers ganking easy pray and that's fine, only thing that irritates me about them that they run if facing matching numbers till they get more people then if culled runs again. Ruins the fun of fight all the backpeddaling.

Absolutely true. I hardly ever see them playing solo and they only seem to measure themselves against weaker opponents or when they have the numerical advantage. They also seem to exclusively play favor of the month builds; it seems like they can't handle anything else. The super toxic behavior is then also the cherry on the ice and the point where i can't understand ArenaNet that they never take actions against it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, senftube.6081 said:

More and more people are not playing this mode anymore and for good reason. Besides poor balance, cheating, manipulation and a lack of new content the developers seem to have no intention of fixing anything about the mode or the game in general. It would probably be best to simply play another game as the developers show no willingness to address any issues.

And guilds that exhibit such behavior are another nail in the coffin. So i do not see any hypocrisy here.

Absolutely true. I hardly ever see them playing solo and they only seem to measure themselves against weaker opponents or when they have the numerical advantage. They also seem to exclusively play favor of the month builds; it seems like they can't handle anything else. The super toxic behavior is then also the cherry on the ice and the point where i can't understand ArenaNet that they never take actions against it.

I honestly don't find anything wrong with it. Like... it's part of competitive games, they can lack culture but that's not violation of tos.

"I only have fun griefing other players because I flunked out of sPvP and all MOBA games" 

Is not banable offence, I few times seen what might looked like speedhack way above movement speed cap (tho could been latency sheananigans) and once there was their group ganking from under the map, I wrote them to gtfo with that nonsense and they stopped.

It's sad to see how bad their culture and skills became but I guess like one poster wrote here, its part of guild cycle. U can't force people to play according to your rules, if they want to gank, and can gank, they gonna gank, only thing u can do is adapt and make them cry.

Git gud, they not hard foe 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

When it comes to small guilds for example camping nc with ballistas and whatnot, I am more annoyed with my own team that easily outnumber them 5-10 to 1 on the map but refuse to move because their commander is on a poop break or something. Or having 5m+ reaction times. Or standing AFK in spawn waiting for their guild raid in a hour. Or being part of a 50+ man waiting for a cata to start on outer when they already tagged it. Or seeing 5 people stand at a camp with 3m timer.

Come to think of it, I’m not sure what isn’t toxic in my own team.

Nevermind I need to go chill and jump on a thief or something.

Oh, you're on FSP aswell? At least I'm not the only one kittened off by such behaviour...

4 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

You just described every roaming guild my dude.

There are no innocent angels, literally everyone does what you described. And for a moment think about it : 

you are having some fights, your guildie/friend logs in and joins on the fun. Are you supposed to tell them to fk off just because of the "honor" of roaming? When 9.9 times out of 10 the enemy won't do the same for you...

at the end of the day the strength of your community and bonds with friends is all that matters, we are all here to have fun and share experiences, if you keep getting outnumbered and outganked just swallow your pride and look for fights elsewhere 

one more thing: human brains are biased - you are much more likely to remember/notice being outnumbered than the other way around

17 minutes ago, Fruit.7624 said:

There are no innocent angels, literally everyone does what you described. And for a moment think about it : 

you are having some fights, your guildie/friend logs in and joins on the fun. Are you supposed to tell them to fk off just because of the "honor" of roaming? When 9.9 times out of 10 the enemy won't do the same for you...

at the end of the day the strength of your community and bonds with friends is all that matters, we are all here to have fun and share experiences, if you keep getting outnumbered and outganked just swallow your pride and look for fights elsewhere 

one more thing: human brains are biased - you are much more likely to remember/notice being outnumbered than the other way around

When I roam with friends we'll often give solo roamers a 1v1.  2+ killing 1 guy is boring as hell, if we've been outnumbered all day, sometimes we'll gank in places like EBG.  But often we do give the honor 1v1s cause getting your friends to kill your enemies for you is boring AF.  Personally I've never gotten any joy from simply outnumbering my opponents, unless it's in revenge for them outnumbering me first, but even then it's usually just evens.

There are no toxic guilds, only toxic players. And those individuals can be found everywhere  - can't count how often i get siege'd/jumped after getting run over by a zerg of 30+ and it's not just from players of those typical roaming/ganking guilds.

I also don't get how jumping or throwing blueprints would "destroy the game" - i mean, what does it do other than make them waste their own time/money and look cringy while doing so?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

At which point we in NA call that a "BG roaming group".

Get a few more numbers and then we call that "Maguuma".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I cant imagine why anyone would go into WvW expecting fair duels. The game balance is heavily in favor of being carried by 2 supports per party. And then matchup imbalance basically makes half of the duels you get pointless. Small scale is basically designed for gank guilds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

evil hunt guild gankers kill me in wvw and throw toilet paper on my corpse! then jump and sing songs and laugh while i cry in spawn anet plz nerf them something has to be done! my team just watch and dont fight wtfffffffffff

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

42 minutes ago, Skada.1362 said:

evil hunt guild gankers kill me in wvw and throw toilet paper on my corpse! then jump and sing songs and laugh while i cry in spawn anet plz nerf them something has to be done! my team just watch and dont fight wtfffffffffff

Agree kitten. They always try hurt us little Asuran Rebels angels. We always play fair and most respectfully. We are the total opposite of what the op described in the first post. There are still wonderful ppl in this game.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Fruit.7624 said:

I have no bias against them, idgf as they can't cap easily, also I dont see them as doing anything wrong.

Learn to read.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1