Are we finally getting spears on land?? [Merged]

2 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

I'm trying to remember what happened between the last couple episodes of LW4 and Icebrood Saga that is a feature people have wanted. Housing is about all I can think of since that was when Sun's Refuge came out. People have been wanting land spears since launch.

S4 had throwing spears and mounted combat at the end. Expanding on it is something they could easily do - an extra weapon slot for these special weapons.

Technically, adding a new raid wing (which I would definitely welcome by the way) would not really be a "new feature," in that raids already exist in the game.  It would be new content to that feature.  Same for updating LFG, which already exists, so that would fall under qol improvements.

I would think if they say they are adding a "new feature" that would mean some sort of new aspect or system we don't have at the moment -- but obviously I could be really wrong about all this, either way.

Looking forward to the announcement next week.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

You are all wrong. The new feature is, without any doubt, a claw trimmer for us Charr! (This post will age like milk.)

Nah... they will add a proper brush for fluffy tails first! 😁

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, KerryTT.4792 said:

Could it be we can finally release any frogs we pick up at the top of the Bloodtide Coast map instead of destroying them?

Have you tried releasing them into the frog juicer?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Land spears don't add as much to the game as something like housing might (IMO).  My guess is housing, too, although I'd be very disappointed if that ends up being true.

I agree with you, housing feels more significant (though many would still love landspears).

I used to be neutral in regards to housing. I didn't see the point and would roll my eyeballs every time I saw another thread about it. Same with fishing. And now I LOVE fishing, I think they implemented it nicely. Back to housing, recently I've found myself wanting a housing system. A space I can design and customise for my character(s). It would be extra fun (for me, at least) if all our characters were there. I could run around with one of my characters and share the same space with all my other characters. Character interaction is something I've always wanted too. 

But back to 'just' housing. I would love something similar to Guild Halls but more home-y, and with lots of cultural items and decorations.

Time to go read all the housing threads I've ignored up until now to see what other people have said about it 😄 

Anyone that thinks the "waiting for 5+years thing" is a feature/system (like land spears or housing) should go read the blog post again. There are several entirely separate things mentioned in entirely different sections of the post:

1. Something big and anticipated in the category "story, open world content, and encounters" in quarterly update 1, that compensates for there not being an open world map release.
  2. "a new system ... that adds a meaningful new way to spend your time in Guild Wars 2 while using this as an opportunity to greatly improve the player experience with related, existing game systems" (maybe housing, maybe something completely different)
  3. Land spear (the video). It has also been mentioned previously that there is a twist with the weapons they're adding this time. But it should be obvious that this does not match descriptions 1 and 2.
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I wonder which one it will be:

A) All professions get a new weapon (Landspear) and skills are the same on water and land 

B) All professions get a new weapon (Landspear) with a set of aquatic skills and a set of land skills (the skills change when we get in and out of water)

C) All professions can use their aquatic spear (Engineers and Elementalists get one) on land and skills remain the same

D) All professions can use their aquatic spear on land with a set of land skills (the skills change when we get in and out of water)

I personally prefer option B as it would give us the most options, both underwater and on land.

Edited by TheLadyOfTheRings.9148

2 hours ago, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

I wonder which one it will be:

A) All professions get a new weapon (Landspear) and skills are the same on water and land 

B) All professions get a new weapon (Landspear) with a set of aquatic skills and a set of land skills (the skills change when we get in and out of water)

C) All professions can use their aquatic spear (Engineers and Elementalists get one) on land and skills remain the same

D) All professions can use their aquatic spear on land with a set of land skills (the skills change when we get in and out of water)

I personally prefer option B as it would give us the most options, both underwater and on land.

I am going to guess B or:

E) All professions get a new weapon, only for some of them this is spear. Works entirely as a new weapon, just uses the same items as underwater spear.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 2:23 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Spears without having the Paragon class don't interest me. Adding new weapons to existing professions doesn't interest me all that much in general.

But I'm all in for a Legendary Aquabreather. 😁

Yes I also really hope it is a Legendary Aquabreather. Right now I have an ascended aquabreather with a legendary rune...

Edited by killforbeers.7534
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hurray it's happening, waited for it for so long. Good move and we can use all the old skins. late, but better late than never!

I also hope you create many different fighting styles

• Single 1h throw weapon, good old paragon for guard please  🙂 we can really make us of a single handed power weapon there, tho an ranged power offhand is still missing as well
  • Two 1h weapon as melee/short range fighting style
  • 2h melee style

Edited by Nero.7369
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nero.7369 said:

Hurray it's happening, waited for it for so long. Good move and we can use all the old skins. late, but better late than never!

I also hope you create many different fighting styles

• Single 1h throw weapon, good old paragon for guard please  🙂 we can really make us of a single handed power weapon there, tho an ranged power offhand is still missing as well
  • Two 1h weapon as melee/short range fighting style
  • 2h melee style

Ain't scepter/focus guards 1h range power weapons?

Posted (edited)

That's it!   Swimsuits!!

"the new exciting feature we've been asking for the last 5 years"

Saw this thread, and realized it's got to be the new feature...

Edited by Baddxian.3851
Aww, poop! Just saw the announcement post: thought I was ahead of the curve for once...
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Baddxian.3851 said:

That's it!   Swimsuits!!

"the new exciting feature we've been asking for the last 5 years"

Saw this thread, and realized it's got to be the new feature...

answered in said thread that it is not 15 mins after you posted mate.

45 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Nope! This is just a fun thing we wanted to share with you early! 
Next week is for that "Thing players have been requesting for over five years"... and a bunch of other stuff too! 

I think we are getting all of the underwater weapons and there current skills but balanced and made to work on land.

Its odd ppl are making "spear on land" an 1hr wepon that all class are getting.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Map related thing that players have been asking for since around 5 years ago... maybe full flight on skyscale? Wow had full flight then later added their version of griffon, stepping on GW2's shoes. Maybe Anet thinks they have to improve flying in GW2 to match WoW.

EDIT: Another thing that comes to mind is some kind of way to combine the teleport items from different seasons.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Map related thing that players have been asking for since around 5 years ago... maybe full flight on skyscale? Wow had full flight then later added their version of griffon, stepping on GW2's shoes. Maybe Anet thinks they have to improve flying in GW2 to match WoW.

The 5 years would fit, but I doubt they add Skyscale improvements again right after the last one. Plus free flying would make some masteries obsolete, including some Soto ones.
Also I don't think Anet have to improve flying to match WoW.

Based on the 5 years my bets go to a new raid wing. It would be a content on a similar level as a new map part, I think it's doable beneath the other stuff and - if decoupled from the expansion - least EoD had some really spicy hints a raid wing could fill perfectly.

As for land spear, I think all three underwater weapons becoming available on land is more likely than spear only. But I think each class will get only one of their weapons available on land.

One more day and we will (hopefully) know!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2