Why not event for death of servers?

Arenanet, you ignored the warnings and went ahead with that 'restructuring'. You killed the servers.

But why is there no even running? A little bonus week to sooth the pain? To get people playing? At least a little wxp+magic find boost?

But no. You took away our homes and gave nothing. Which is sad. Sad and cheap.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 13

i think servers were pretty much dead when everyone kept bandwagoning to the most populated server every few months? after that was going on for years, i honestly doubt there were many players left who had never once changed a server.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think servers were pretty much dead when everyone kept bandwagoning to the most populated server every few months? after that was going on for years, i honestly doubt there were many players left who had never once changed a server.

Been piken square since release but then again only dabbled in wvw not a hardcore player.

Because it's wvw, minimal amount of effort. Look at the cheap title hand out, yeah we don't even care where you been, just pick whatever.

Because it's anet, they don't celebrate unless they need to sell you something. Warclaw coming to pve in two months, quick let's shove out a pack of warclaw skins!

🤷‍♂️

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Seems kinda weird they don't have an event to alert players that something happens like bonus reward track or something. I am guessing this is because they update on Tuesday which also means if anything's broken before then, then well good luck!

And their news page really leaves much to be desired, it's like buried in the 2nd page.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

But why is there no even running?

Yes, I said exactly that in map chat. Why wasn't this an event with the "Call of War" buff?

6 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

doubt there were many players left who had never once changed a server.

Never moved my accounts off JQ since launch. I had a lot of World Pride and truly enjoyed being there. You'd be surprised how many expressed such sentiments right before reset tonight.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Yes, I said exactly that in map chat. Why wasn't this an event with the "Call of War" buff?

Never moved my accounts off JQ since launch. I had a lot of World Pride and truly enjoyed being there. You'd be surprised how many expressed such sentiments right before reset tonight.

I agree, Fort Aspenwood also had a lot of server pride and all the people I knew over the last almost 12 years is now scattered to the winds. WvW is now dead to me. I'm glad Warclaw is getting an upgrade for PvE since that is all I'm doing now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

I played wvw only on one server.

Like most of my guild.

My server had a pretty core of people who never moved, or only moved once and then stayed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

i understand what alot of players here are saying, but you have to understand, just because you had a good experience doesn't mean everyone had a good experience. there's a reason restructuring has been requested for years by the community, and its because the server system was ruining it for everyone else.

i don't think you can't play a pvp game mode where every fight its just a full squad overrunning everything on all the maps while you barely have a full party. i used to play wvw almost exclusively up until about 2021 (besides the story and map completion in pve), and i'm an old ehmery bay commander, and i can tell you that as the years went on and bandwagoning got worse and worse, the game mode slowly degraded into the worst fights i'd ever seen..

by the end of it, it wasn't uncommon to be spawn camped literally every day on eternal battlegrounds, and have nothing but a single camp in your borderlands . i also feel like there was nothing you could do except consider changing servers yourself, worsening the problem?

for the first time in years i will return to wvw, and i know i will enjoy it.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

by the end of it, it wasn't uncommon to be spawn camped literally every day on eternal battlegrounds,

They added a 5th tier and spread players out even more. After this week, there's likely going to be less content than when you stopped playing.

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, urd.8306 said:

And you never thought it would be great to make an Alliance or Guild with those players? If you have, you lost nothing.

I had and it is not the problem/not the solution to the problem.

I was not talking about the wisdom of removing servers (there is none) or the advantages of alliances (there are none) but ANET not adding an event for this occasion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

There has been plenty of events though. And as they should be, they were hosted by the server and guild communities. People that cry about server pride and server communities but didn't organize anything themselves probably didn't have as much of it as they thought? There's been drunk events, golem events, nostalgia events, giveaway events, nonstop-commanding events, mingling in keep events, photo op events and what have you. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It seemed to me that those players for whom server identity remained important created organised or impromptu events of their own to mark the moment.

I think that was sufficient.

I acknowledge the loss of community a lot of these players have experienced, and at times it has been painful witnessing their pain. I am sorry for their loss.

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2024 at 12:23 AM, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

Arenanet, you ignored the warnings and went ahead with that 'restructuring'. You killed the servers.

But why is there no even running? A little bonus week to sooth the pain? To get people playing? At least a little wxp+magic find boost?

But no. You took away our homes and gave nothing. Which is sad. Sad and cheap.

They didn't just kill the servers, they replaced it with something that was worse. Population imbalance in this is far worse than anything I saw under the old system.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Nidome.1365 said:

They didn't just kill the servers, they replaced it with something that was worse. Population imbalance in this is far worse than anything I saw under the old system.

I said this in another post but good chance to mention again that a bunch of people came back for this which the algorithm could not account for hours played for someone with 0 hours so balance is going to be a mess.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 12:23 AM, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

But why is there no event running?

I remember when GW2 came out it sold some 10 million copies in its first year, every WvW map had a queue on and players were demanding Anet to "fix it."

The fix came in the form of an overflow map for WvW, Edge of the Mists, but they didn't just drop it, they actually tied it to the living world story running at the time, there was a launch trailer even...

Anet used to go above and beyond, good times.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, urd.8306 said:

And you never thought it would be great to make an Alliance or Guild with those players? If you have, you lost nothing.

Anet did not yet provide an alliance option. It hasn't rolled out. Instead, they only gave a 6th guild slot, that takes up to 500 players. Too few for the server community comprised of guilds with different styles + roamers. Which is why the shifting-sands-every-4-weeks model sucks.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, hedix.1986 said:

Anet did not yet provide an alliance option. It hasn't rolled out. Instead, they only gave a 6th guild slot, that takes up to 500 players. Too few for the server community comprised of guilds with different styles + roamers. Which is why the shifting-sands-every-4-weeks model sucks.

and yet i think 500 is too many, if they are mostly players with quite a bit above average experience and hours/week in WvW.

• Confused 1