Kill comparison - Week 1 to Week 2 - EU

All kills EU one hour before reset

Week 1: 500685

Week 2: 433864

Kills dropped by over 13% from week 1 to week 2, Greate success, Anet. I hope you are proud of this garbage.

Not to mention having the outnumbered buff in my matchup this week on 3 of 4 maps about 22 hours a day.

Seems like a lot of pugs and roams just dont give a f... about this inbalanced, boon ball jerking version of WvW anymore. WvW alliances will follow soon i guess.

Edited by lindstroem.3601
  • Like 21
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

I've been on vacation this week. I'm back now so all will be well.

On serious note, school summer breaks are starting in many countries in EU. That could be a factor, not sure though, it could be a bit early for impact.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

There has literally not been a single summer where the forums havent proclaimed WvW dead for mysterious reasons.

Checking the final results, we landed at 1.75m kills+deaths in total. Yes lower than last week but still above the average WvW week.

In regards to matchups, 7 out of 11 matchups where what can be considered fairly balanced (last week was very similar): 

EU
4 matchups within 50 points
1 matchup just above 50 points (by 5)
1 complete blowout at 100+

NA:
3 matchups within 50 points
1 matchup above 50 points
Just like EU 1 complete blowout at just below 100.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ascii.1369 said:

Numbers always go down in the summer, but I guess that doesn't fit the doomer narrative of WvW dying due to wrs.

Yeah right, summer just started this week. Last week, there was still snow and stuff.  I forgot. White knights gonna white knight

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

There has literally not been a single summer where the forums havent proclaimed WvW dead for mysterious reasons.

Checking the final results, we landed at 1.75m kills+deaths in total. Yes lower than last week but still above the average WvW week.

In regards to matchups, 7 out of 11 matchups where what can be considered fairly balanced (last week was very similar): 

EU
4 matchups within 50 points
1 matchup just above 50 points (by 5)
1 complete blowout at 100+

NA:
3 matchups within 50 points
1 matchup above 50 points
Just like EU 1 complete blowout at just below 100.

Who cares for points? Half the matchups in EU were won by the server not having the most kills, two of those servers even had the least kills just because they are better at hitting gates in off hours. Just look at T1 EU. Server with 12k kills won. 12k!!!! If fightings servers would actually care those servers would actually be camped in spawn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

And whatnot

Like football (a.k.a. „Soccer“ for our american frens) European championship will draw away many people additionally.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, lindstroem.3601 said:

Who cares for points? Half the matchups in EU were won by the server not having the most kills, two of those servers even had the least kills just because they are better at hitting gates in off hours. Just look at T1 EU. Server with 12k kills won. 12k!!!! If fightings servers would actually care those servers would actually be camped in spawn.

What. You thought WR changed PPT and PPK scoring? Nothing changed on that front. Yet, at least. Why are you surprised, it's like before?

10 minutes ago, lindstroem.3601 said:

You need to manage both sides of scoring. PPT is around to create spots for PPK to occur. You can't also just go PPK else you have players too concerned with worrying about an e-death and not attempting a fight unless they have 5 to 1 odds.

I wasn't in the match that you refer to in T1 EU and agree it looks odd. But it could also occur when sides ignore the fact that they need to manage all 4 maps and coverage and need to fight, take and hold.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

What. You thought WR changed PPT and PPK scoring? Nothing changed on that front. Yet, at least. Why are you surprised, it's like before?

It was promised that WR will even out numbers and border queues. Well, at least the second point they achieved with too many tiers and a lot of regular wvw players just dont play that mode anymore. Just look at the threads that are about the new WR system. Everywhere peeps complaining that their server is dead and there is noone to group up with while at least one server is running some kind of blob. Or at least what you can consider blobs with those low numbers in wvw already where you have two or three team mates with you on the same map 😄.  We are in week two and problems getting even bigger. But keep pretenting that is just because of summer out of a sudden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, lindstroem.3601 said:

It was promised that WR will even out numbers and border queues. Well, at least the second point they achieved with too many tiers and a lot of regular wvw players just dont play that mode anymore. Just look at the threads that are about the new WR system. Everywhere peeps complaining that their server is dead and there is noone to group up with while at least one server is running some kind of blob. Or at least what you can consider blobs with those low numbers and your two or three team mates you have on the same map in wvw already 😄.  We are in week two and problems getting even bigger.

Not sure what this has to do with PPT over PPK scoring? You asked who cared about points, which has nothing to do with queues. Clearly some does care about points and WxP just like before, I dunno, did you think they left for another WvW?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Not sure what this has to do with PPT over PPK scoring? You asked who cared about points, which has nothing to do with queues. Clearly some does care about points and WxP just like before, I dunno, did you think they left for another WvW?

What the heck are you talking about? Someone came up that everything is fine cause ppt wise there was barely blowouts. The reality is that dead servers keeping points up  with like 5 peeps just ppting and taking whole borders because their numbers arent enough for anything else while fighting servers are bored and afking with nothing to fight and cba hitting gates wihout resistence, so they just log off again after a while. And this imbalance in the matchups got way(!!!!) worse with WR even though it was promised the other way around.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, lindstroem.3601 said:

All kills EU one hour before reset

Week 1: 500685

Week 2: 433864

Kills dropped by over 13% from week 1 to week 2, Greate success, Anet. I hope you are proud of this garbage.

Not to mention having the outnumbered buff in my matchup this week on 3 of 4 maps about 22 hours a day.

Seems like a lot of pugs and roams just dont give a f... about this inbalanced, boon ball jerking version of WvW anymore. WvW alliances will follow soon i guess.

it gone summertime man. in some countries schools out already, time for vacation, holiday, beach, party.  go out, have some fun, beer, chat some nice girls. GW2 will be back after summer with Janthir.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, lindstroem.3601 said:

imbalance in the matchups

If a team that's weak at fighting weighs up for it by coverage/holding objectivs and wins - just barely - over a team that's strong at fighting but doesnt have the coverage/doesnt care about objectives IS NOT balance...

What is balance?

Or is it only balanced when your team the best PPK and PPT and wins?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, lindstroem.3601 said:

Yeah right, summer just started this week. Last week, there was still snow and stuff.  I forgot. White knights gonna white knight

Nah but summer break literary started this week in my country and I don't think we're alone in this. But it's also not the same across EU so I am not sure how widespread it is. You can definitely see big migrations to the seaside on the roads. I think there should be some impact.

Also it would be expected that the first week of a new system would have higher activity. More data needed.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

23 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

You need to manage both sides of scoring. PPT is around to create spots for PPK to occur. You can't also just go PPK else you have players too concerned with worrying about an e-death and not attempting a fight unless they have 5 to 1 odds.

I wasn't in the match that you refer to in T1 EU and agree it looks odd. But it could also occur when sides ignore the fact that they need to manage all 4 maps and coverage and need to fight, take and hold.

I happen to be on that winning team that can't win any fights, so let me shed some light on the issue. Our team tends to be heavily outnumbered during prime time, which is when the other teams get all their kills. However, even then we usually hold a significant amount of struktures, not because the other don't care, but because they usually get repelled by a small number of very dedicated, well organized defenders, who know how to use defenders advantage. During off hourse numbers are much more even and we are just more effective during those times. I will say, I don't think we're going to last in T1 for the entire 6 weeks, might even drop this week.

As a more general point, I know the people who don't like the new system want to doom about how terrible everything is now. But the reality is, balance is fairly decent and it has nothing to do with strong teams not caring. It's just that getting kills out in the open, while fighting over nothing, doesn't win matchups. And contrary to what people claim, there still is a defenders advantage, if your team is willing to commit to a defensive play style with good scouting and peopl reacting quickly to calls.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ascii.1369 said:

As a more general point, I know the people who don't like the new system want to doom about how terrible everything is now. But the reality is, balance is fairly decent and it has nothing to do with strong teams not caring. 

In that first week, where green just run circles in your  and red EBG keep with blobs while their whole homeborder was capped by your server and then rather logged out again before capping even a single tower back in their homeborder over hours, had nothing to do that they didnt care and just because you were so well organised. Sure 😀. And i guess it wasnt any different in week 2.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

15 hours ago, ascii.1369 said:

I happen to be on that winning team that can't win any fights, so let me shed some light on the issue. Our team tends to be heavily outnumbered during prime time, which is when the other teams get all their kills. However, even then we usually hold a significant amount of struktures, not because the other don't care, but because they usually get repelled by a small number of very dedicated, well organized defenders, who know how to use defenders advantage. During off hourse numbers are much more even and we are just more effective during those times. I will say, I don't think we're going to last in T1 for the entire 6 weeks, might even drop this week.

As a more general point, I know the people who don't like the new system want to doom about how terrible everything is now. But the reality is, balance is fairly decent and it has nothing to do with strong teams not caring. It's just that getting kills out in the open, while fighting over nothing, doesn't win matchups. And contrary to what people claim, there still is a defenders advantage, if your team is willing to commit to a defensive play style with good scouting and peopl reacting quickly to calls.

WTH do you even win with the pointless ppt?

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Johje Holan.4607 said:

The match.
What do you win with PPK?

Some of us want to get better fighting together as a unit, so that we might be able to win most of the fights, no matter the skill or tactics of our enemies. With PPT the fights are always the same, mindless and boring. And winning the PPT fight means nothing in this gamemode, so why not focus on the PPK instead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1