12 year bday gift sucks

Am I missing something here?  You get rewards for having bought the game 12 years ago (or however long ago you did). Since then what has any player needed to do to ensure they get an anniversary gift?  Nothing. You can take a multi year break and come back to all your accrued birthday and anniversary gifts. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

Hmmm some additional skins available on the account anniversary like the birthday dyes. Not chest or leg armor though.  Anet makes bank on those skins.

I could go for more head Accessories, not helmets. 

While they could add new skins only to later birthdays, I think it would be best to add them for everyone. If the skins are implemented like the birthday dyes then it should take several years to collect them all anyway.

3 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

i cant imagine a player advocating for less rewards, but here we are.

Uhm.... how did DeanBB's post advocate for less rewards? To me it only stated what they got in their gifts - incidentally I got the same 🙂

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Zohane.7208 said:

Uhm.... how did DeanBB's post advocate for less rewards? To me it only stated what they got in their gifts - incidentally I got the same 🙂

Right so his post is implying that you don't need anything more because you were rewarded something.  Thus advocating for less rewards, in a subtle passive aggressive manner.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

is it more dyes that i already have unlocked and can't sell? 😄

i remember GW1 gave us amazing endless combat tonics to play as everything from destroyers to kuunevang!

and even better, they were tradeable, so if you didn't like what you got for your birthday you could sell it!

kinda wish Anet would bring those birthday endless combat tonics back!

Edited by Liewec.2896
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

51 minutes ago, Liewec.2896 said:

is it more dyes that i already have unlocked and can't sell? 😄

i remember GW1 gave us amazing endless combat tonics to turn into everything from destroyers to kuunevang!

and even better, they were tradeable, so if you didn't like what you got for your birthday you could sell it!

kinda wish Anet would bring those birthday endless combat tonics back!

it is not at the 11th year we got a choice of 5 dyes you still got 4 more to pick so look forward to the same 2026,27 and 28 aswell

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I haven't been here since launch, didn't start until years later. And generally, I'm in favor of making it easier for new players to 'catch up' by making leggies and mounts easier to get, for example, bc I'd like for us all to be able to play together on equal footing as quickly as possible. But I do think it is reasonable for anet to acknowledge the Players Who Were Here First, and the bday gifts seem like an ideal opportunity to do so. I was disappointed when I learned they  had stopped being unique . . .

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Been here since the pre-launch window. I was really surprised that ANet didn't go more all-out with the 10-year Anniversary. To be fair, it's nice that we are still getting tokens for the Decade Enhancement Station, but honestly I got way more out of Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake than anything else

Although, adding in Wizard's Vault quests to provide QoL items like this would go a long way

• Like 2

To all my 12 year old toons: you’re all tweens now so this is all you need, none of the unnecessary inventory-clogging repeat extras. If you make it to 18 I might get you your own airship*

*don’t know how many are being produced in Tyria since Heart of Thorns, so, ya know, pending availability 🤣

• Haha 2

On 8/24/2024 at 12:45 PM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

It's like we're married with Anet for 12 years now and Anet is not even trying to do anything nice for our birthday anymore.

How hard would it be to give us an infinite utility like the birthday cake? I know they have a limited one, we could just get that with reduced stats but unlimited uses. That way it would benefit everyone around.

If you’re expecting to be a 1up year on year, its time for a divorce. You pay child support we’ll keep custody. Lets see if Toby the pool cleaner is more your speed.  

At least heartless investors are happy with just more money every 3 months.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/24/2024 at 11:18 AM, Chyro.1462 said:

Would be a bad idea to give something significant or noticeable as a birthday gift now or going onwards.

New player: "Oh how do I get this cool shiny thing?"

Vet: "It's easy, just wait 13 years."

I only hit year two the other day. The dye I want is I think 6-8 years away. Can't quite remember. It's a little sad 😔 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aelin.9317 said:

I only hit year two the other day. The dye I want is I think 6-8 years away. Can't quite remember. It's a little sad 😔 

Honestly I think it would have been cool for birthday presents to be a currency that could be spent at a special birthday present vendor. That way a long time veteran might be able to get more of the options but a newer player could still get that one item that really sings to them without waiting years on end.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Honestly I think it would have been cool for birthday presents to be a currency that could be spent at a special birthday present vendor. That way a long time veteran might be able to get more of the options but a newer player could still get that one item that really sings to them without waiting years on end.

There actually is a birthday vendor in Lion's Arch.  They sell the birthday enrichment for amulets.  They probably could re-tool that shop to do more.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

This is quite honestly the correct approach, especially if nothing new is even added to the presents anymore.

• Like 2

Good.

On 8/25/2024 at 1:47 AM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Rewarded on a yearly basis (or more frequently) due to supporting/playing the game for so long. 

You confuse anniversary rewards with rewards for playing the game. These two things are not the same. In this case you'd be rewarded for creating account near the release.

You can even base it on playtime or simply the age of the account, or achievement points.

Playtime in itself is a worthless statistic to estimate whether or not someone plays the game. You can leave characters standing in LA/DR and clock large amounts of time while doing nothing.
Age of the account, again, is nothing more than confirmation of you creating an account at certain time. It has nothing to do with playing or supporting the game.
Achievement points already have their own rewards. Coincidentally, they're at least partially what you were asking for in that post: skins unavailable in any other way.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Good.

You confuse anniversary rewards with rewards for playing the game. These two things are not the same. In this case you'd be rewarded for creating account near the release.

Playtime in itself is a worthless statistic to estimate whether or not someone plays the game. You can leave characters standing in LA/DR and clock large amounts of time while doing nothing.
Age of the account, again, is nothing more than confirmation of you creating an account at certain time. It has nothing to do with playing or supporting the game.
Achievement points already have their own rewards. Coincidentally, they're at least partially what you were asking for in that post: skins unavailable in any other way.

Solid points.

Play time, assuming it is actually active play, is already rewarded via drops, gold, AP, titles, etc.

Of course some sort of celebration is fine (I received multiple weapon skins, dyes, armor unlock, karma, and BL Statuettes). 'Free' stuff is not something that I am inclined to whine about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1