Reaper's going to dominate s11

witcher.3197

Can you please develop a bit your point, because "damage beyond broken" is a very blurr statement.

• What skills exactly do you think deal to much damage? and why do you think so?
  • What kind of solution do you think would be proper in order to fix the issue that you point?
  • For what kind of numbers should it aim for, for it to not be broken?
  • How about other professions, should they deal more damage or are they more balanced in this regard than the reaper? Why do you think so?
  • How do you think golem dps tests, that show objectively that reaper do not have transcendental dps, would/should affect this thread?

Yes power reaper will be semi-viable, but it has so many counters it's really pathetic to QQ about it. Saying the damage is "beyond broken" is a bit of an overstatement - just don't be shocked when you get spinal shivers proc...Reaper's mobility and disengage is a joke, and most firebrands spam heals during shroud leaving reapers incredibly vulnerable.

Reaper doesn't need a buff or a nerf - it sits in a good spot where it is strong if left alone but easy to deal with if focused.

Even if reaper becomes popular, some builds will always be stronger than others and meta will change. Reaper has been a joke since POF so don't be mad it finally gets a chance to enjoy being played.

Also if you think reaper is going to dominate compared to chrono/ mirage, then you shouldn't be making forum posts.

@witcher.3197 said:Calling it now. Power reaper damage is just beyond broken, but it's being ignored (some are even calling for buffs lmao) because scourge is overshadowing it. Anet also keeps buffing its damage for no reason. It's going to tear players a new one next week.

wtf, you made my day xD. never heard such flame about a class that is far behind nearly every other class (warri,mesmer,thief,ranger,firebrands, even scourge). there are so many other classes that terminate reaper in 0,000001 sec. they never dominate anything...and some minor nerfs dont will Change that. while sigil of plague nerf is also hitting reaper hard....

@"Liewec.2896" said:are there some leaked patch notes or something?people keep talking about mesmers and things like they know whats in the patch but it isn't out until late tomorrow? O_oSticky thread:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/32510/pvp-wvw-skill-split-release-part-2/p1

All changes are listed here (in the original post and there is one more posted by Ben about the additional nerfs)

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:The only thing wrong with power reaper is passive spinal shivers.Scrap that and compensate with partially reverting shroud sustain nerfs imo.I don’t think it’ll dominate, it just might not be useless outside of the hands of very few good necros.

Not even that is a problem realistically spinal has ideally been the same for years and even on core it was a major burst potential tool when proc'ed at 50% or lower. To say its an issue now is pure bs. Spinal is fine compared to things other professions have.

Thats not a real reason to or justification to try and get shroud degeneration reverted pls stop.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:The only thing wrong with power reaper is passive spinal shivers.Scrap that and compensate with partially reverting shroud sustain nerfs imo.I don’t think it’ll dominate, it just might not be useless outside of the hands of very few good necros.

Not even that is a problem realistically spinal has ideally been the same for years and even on core it was a major burst potential tool when proc'ed at 50% or lower. To say its an issue now is pure bs. Spinal is fine compared to things other professions have.

Thats not a real reason to or justification to try and get shroud degeneration reverted pls stop.

I would rather have a 5s CD on shroud and keep the degeneration than keep a long CD and revert degen. But I might be in the minority on that.

@pah.4931 said:

I would rather have a 5s CD on shroud and keep the degeneration than keep a long CD and revert degen. But I might be in the minority on that.

To be honest a 5 second cd on base shroud overall would be nice. But they wont be doing anything like that any time soon. It would mean alot of traits would either get ICD's that make them only work every other time you went into shroud or every on enter shroud trait would be nerfed into the sun.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@pah.4931 said:

To be honest a 5 second cd on base shroud overall would be nice. But they wont be doing anything like that any time soon. It would mean alot of traits would either get ICD's that make them only work every other time you went into shroud or every on enter shroud trait would be nerfed into the sun.

Like you said, you could just increase the internal CDs on those abilities (Foot in the Grave, Speed of Shadows, Weakening Shroud, Unholy Martyr, Spiteful Spirit, etc). If the ICD of these traits are 10-ish seconds then it doesn't matter what the CD of shroud is, right? That doesn't SEEM that hard to do.

It's more unlikely because Anet thinks that shroud is TOO AWESOME to let necros use often... despite necros not having access to invulns and blocks and evades (which, in PvP, is WAY better than shroud).

With damage reductions from tomorrow's patch, hopefully it's enough to make Reapers more viable in higher level matches, but I doubt it.

@pah.4931 said:

Agree.

Remember when necro was crap and you were laughed at for playing it? No one knows how to counter them because no one plays them (minus scourge obviously). It seems that simply playing a bad class that no one plays gives you an advantage these days since no one immediately knows your counter. It's kinda great. Doesn't make them overpowered, it means you need to actually learn how to counter them. I'll tell you the same thing that I tell everyone in the "It's OP, nerf it" threads. Go play it, and you'll quickly learn it's not that OP.

I think Power Reaper is pretty strong in a 1v1 scenario, which can translate well in a sPvP match.They do great damage, and although their skills are very telegraphed, they can stack physical conditions such as weakness, that can directly counter power builds.

If Power Reaper becomes meta, I don't think it'll be meta for long because players can swap to condition builds to deal with it.

Archived