Change the way you get McM's Gift

Currently McM's Gift comes down to being active in a 6:00 bus (with boosts) in McM. In another it depends on an essential point very much missing today: - Need a "commander" in McM. So you don't have a commander that's part of the longest donation of your life .... Have fun (ofc there are others solutions but long too like pots ...). Here are the solutions we ask for and ask again ! Until you get a solution that is not so hard to consider:

1 / McM's gift is paid against McM tokens gold2 / Make a record of McM in the PvP tracks remaining in the PvP domain.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:French abbreviation for wvw I believe.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Aaaannnd what is McM?

Ok. The part about the 6 o clock bus was especially confusing to me. I guess he’s using a translation program with some glitches,

being active in a 6:00 bus (with boosts) in McM.

I'm assuming that could be referring to tier 6 participation and some error in translation software, though I'm not sure.

@Curunen.8729 said:

Ok. The part about the 6 o clock bus was especially confusing to me. I guess he’s using a translation program with some glitches,

I'm assuming that could be referring to tier 6 participation and some error in translation software, though I'm not sure.

Or maybe when he says bus, that’s the French translation for a zerg? He talks about needing a Commander also. So maybe he’s saying you need to get on at reset and zerg around with a Commander in order to progress the Gift of Battle reward track.

¯\(ツ)

@"Guildwars.4893" said:

In another it depends on an essential point very much missing today: - Need a "commander" in McM.It helps to have a commander, but it's not that hard to build up T6 participation without. Once you have it, as long as some enemy are on at least some maps, you can maintain it until you've earned the Gift of Battle.

1 / McM's gift is paid against McM tokens goldANet went to some time & energy to remove that as an option; they aren't bringing it back without a good reason.

2 / Make a record of McM in the PvP tracks remaining in the PvP domain.Then it wouldn't be a WvW reward. (Worse: that's a solution that only makes things better for a fraction of WvW players. If ANet's going to go through the extra work, it's going to be for something more substantial.)

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I read it as a six hour train with boosters.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Or maybe when he says bus, that’s the French translation for a zerg? He talks about needing a Commander also. So maybe he’s saying you need to get on at reset and zerg around with a Commander in order to progress the Gift of Battle reward track.

¯\
(ツ)

Ah yeah that makes more sense.

Oh look, another Gift of Battle thread, full of posts saying acquisition is fine. Why? Because it is. You have always had to WvW to obtain this Gift, whether originally since badges of honour only dropped in WvW, or ranking to World Level 14 to be able to buy with badges.Now it’s been standardised to complete the Gift of Battle reward track, there’s a definitive way to obtain it, that requires you put the time into the game mode, like it was originally intended.I can’t remember the last time I joined a Zerg in WvW to get my participation up, it’s not necessary to progress the GoB.

I farmed multiple GoBs running aroung, tagging veterans and afking my participation rewards, occasionally capping nearby camp to avoid decay. Would I play WvW if not for GoB? No. Do I like WvW because of GoB? No.

Is afk leeching reward tracks the way Anet wants me to play WvW? Because it feels like it. There is no need for GoB to be gated this way.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:There is no need for GoB to be gated this way.

Anet chose to gate it this way. They even stated they would not be changing it back.Anet made a mistake of putting Badges of Honor in Achievement chests, pretty sure this was to counteract that mistake.

If it gets changed again, it will still require WvW participation and a minimum rank, guaranteed.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:There is no need for GoB to be gated this way.

Anet chose to gate it this way. They even stated they would not be changing it back.Anet made a mistake of putting Badges of Honor in Achievement chests, pretty sure this was to counteract that mistake.

If it gets changed again, it will still require WvW participation and a minimum rank, guaranteed.

I don't care. I'm stating my opinion on the matter whether they like it or not. My opinion is of more importance to me than their reasoning.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I farmed multiple GoBs running aroung, tagging veterans and afking my participation rewards, occasionally capping nearby camp to avoid decay. Would I play WvW if not for GoB? No. Do I like WvW because of GoB? No.

Is afk leeching reward tracks the way Anet wants me to play WvW? Because it feels like it. There is no need for GoB to be gated this way.

Ive started doing the same, its really not any fun to me to be ganked.

Oh look, another Gift of Battle thread,andlike it was originally intended.

One has to wonder if we keep seeing these threads that perhaps the intent is wrong and players don't want to do this.

I'm not saying I should have to completely bypass WvW as a requirement, but I can buy my way out of PvP, so it stands to reason I should be able to buy my way out of WvW. And for all the complaints about WvW rewards, wouldn't it be nice to be able to pay someone who enjoys it when I have already determined that I hate it?

And let's not stop there. Because there's inevitably the "it only takes 6-7 hours" lie and the "I have to do PvE so you should suffer too" mentality. So.. let there be random POI/Vista/Rep/waypoint unlocks as a WvW track.

I get why the GoB is there. Some people even claim to enjoy WvW after trying it. I don't comprehend how, but kudos. Others have tried it and found it to be slow, boring, irritating, and worthy of resentment. This does not make for good game design. The Rank 14 requirement was sufficient for getting players to put the mode on trial then possibly never touch it again if they decided it wasn't for them. But, they chose to lead with the reward instead of designing WvW to be, I'unno, fun and engaging.

@Rauderi.8706 said:One has to wonder if we keep seeing these threads that perhaps *the intent is wrong and players don't want to do

That could very well be true except currently the poll results suggest otherwise based on those that read this thread and voted.

Edit: Bolded the last part of the post which is a disclaimer that the poll is very limited in scope as at least three people have skipped over that part thus far.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:One has to wonder if we keep seeing these threads that perhaps *the intent is wrong and players don't want to do

That could very well be true except currently the poll results suggest otherwise based on those that read this thread and voted.

Aw but the forum is always a minority(im not disagreeing mind). But heres the thing, on the server im on now and of the servers we are currently going up against, ive seen a grand total of two players in the borderlands, on my team. We are hooked with three servers for WvW and theres two players? I didnt even see anybody from the red server we are up against and they are loosing so bad i dont think they are playing at all. But i do agree a little with Rauderi, would WvW players object to this at all if they could have a Map completion track that would award WPs, and such as a reward(along with the map completion rewards that go with.)? That way theyd have a way to not have to do map completion, and do the content they enjoy.

Archived