Meteor Wars!

Straegen.2938

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:staff ele is still top tier pve dps. but this kitten needs to go for wvw, there's no point in playing if it stays. how the kitten has there been no word from the devs yet? how has there been no hotfix or disable yet?

They had some overlapping with firing 2 devs also I believe they tested the ele built with the bug in place which resulted in over nerfing the other skills so they have roll back a lot of changes on other skills or rebalancing everything . In any case they have to test it first to avoid weird results. On top of this the PvE community wasn't really happy about the whole changes.

This can take a few days to over a week

PS: My personal opinion on DPS balancing the ele in PvE would be Weaver 40k, Tempest 38K , Core Ele(fire,arcane, wind trait) 32-36k

Tempest 38k, with weaver 40? Thats not fair, as Tempest is a support spec and weaver a dps spec. Weaver has a more complex rotation, as well. Why would they only have 2k dps difference...

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@"Egorum.9506" said:staff ele is still top tier pve dps. but this kitten needs to go for wvw, there's no point in playing if it stays. how the kitten has there been no word from the devs yet? how has there been no hotfix or disable yet?

They had some overlapping with firing 2 devs also I believe they tested the ele built with the bug in place which resulted in over nerfing the other skills so they have roll back a lot of changes on other skills or rebalancing everything . In any case they have to test it first to avoid weird results. On top of this the PvE community wasn't really happy about the whole changes.

PS: My personal opinion on DPS balancing the ele in PvE would be Weaver 40k, Tempest 38K , Core Ele(fire,arcane, wind trait) 32-36k

Tempest 38k, with weaver 40? Thats not fair, as Tempest is a support spec and weaver a dps spec. Weaver has a more complex rotation, as well. Why would they only have 2k dps difference...

Either of those specs at 40k?If I got to balance things; i'd straight up nerf everything to a max of 30-32k. For high skill, weaver like builds.Tempest during HoT rarely went past 32k and was perfectly fine.

The powercreep makes PvE more boring and less replayable - there's only so many times I can pretend a DPS golem is an actual boss. Updrafts on gorse don't exist. Controlling the balls doesn't exist. Slow cc, fast CC, it all doesn't matter. If you can get 70% of DPS benchmark, you can kill it without difficulties and without moving.

WvW is no different. FB runs around with 4-4.5k toughness mid fight... I mean what. Insane amounts of boons, so we need insane amounts of corrupt to deal with it or have another toiletball meta. Bubble to attempt to deal with the boonspam. Much higher damage AND much higher sustain which just leads to either getting RNG / spiked or dying.

Worst part is that they nerf the clear powercreep of HoT; at least partly; soon before PoF. Berzerker nerfed to essentially unviable in PvP / WvW. Tempest same across the board. Other classes too. Then add new specs that do even more, even better, and if 5 months later they touch any of them the community loses their minds.

Meanwhile "raids need easy mode!!!!!!!!!" lul.

@Etheri.5406 said:

@"Egorum.9506" said:staff ele is still top tier pve dps. but this kitten needs to go for wvw, there's no point in playing if it stays. how the kitten has there been no word from the devs yet? how has there been no hotfix or disable yet?

Either of those specs at 40k?If I got to balance things; i'd straight up nerf everything to a max of 30-32k. For high skill, weaver like builds.Tempest during HoT rarely went past 32k and was perfectly fine.

The powercreep makes PvE more boring and less replayable - there's only so many times I can pretend a DPS golem is an actual boss. Updrafts on gorse don't exist. Controlling the balls doesn't exist. Slow cc, fast CC, it all doesn't matter. If you can get 70% of DPS benchmark, you can kill it without difficulties and without moving.

WvW is no different. FB runs around with 4-4.5k toughness mid fight... I mean what. Insane amounts of boons, so we need insane amounts of corrupt to deal with it or have another toiletball meta. Bubble to attempt to deal with the boonspam. Much higher damage AND much higher sustain which just leads to either getting RNG / spiked or dying.

Worst part is that they nerf the clear powercreep of HoT; at least partly; soon before PoF. Berzerker nerfed to essentially unviable in PvP / WvW. Tempest same across the board. Other classes too. Then add new specs that do even more, even better, and if 5 months later they touch any of them the community loses their minds.

Tempest during HoT went rarely past 32k? Either we have been playing a different game, or you dont quite remember things well. Temp used to hit 60k on burst with staff (when meteor didnt have the icd) , scepter/wh fresh air (that phoenix dmg tho) was broken as well, fresh air staff was a thing, etc etc. Temp dmg was huge

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Tempest during HoT went rarely past 32k? Either we have been playing a different game, or you dont quite remember things well. Temp used to hit 60k on burst with staff (when meteor didnt have the icd) , scepter/wh fresh air (that phoenix dmg tho) was broken as well, fresh air staff was a thing, etc etc. Temp dmg was huge

60k burst is great, but obviously not what i'm on about. And weavers used to get considerably more burst. I'm talking about DPS - not burst DPS -, particularly on small hitbox and actual benchmarks. None of this "all buffs big hitbox look it hits 40k!!!!" or "its bugged for a week and then nerfed again" like we had with the condi stuff. Or even the "look at me hitting every single one of my scepter procs". And unrestricted meteo was grinding benchmarks until you get unrealistic meteo procs; making it even worse.

I remember several benchmarks over 32k, and most of them were quite unrealistic in real raid scenarios AND considerably lower than the weaver ones.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CylNeHHusTIEnd of HoT benchmark of staff FA benchmark.

Tempest was the best DPS; it was considerably easier than weaver and yet most of the time - it was doing less damage than current weaver. Especially towards the later parts of HoT.

The start of HoT had absolutely bonkers stuff - but it also had no benchmarks and virtually no established strats or DPS meters. And all the bonkers stuff got rightfully so nerfed ;)

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Yep the reason I choose 38k was it is the DPS which we had with Tempest right before PoF came out , after PoF release the Tempest got nerfed and the Weaver got a lot of power creep for sales reason it seems. Also Tempest isn't a full support profession with an DPS built what it brings is might and stability and some minor things nothing in compare what a crono or a guardian can give you. Tempest is good for quick&burst or when you need the stability at the boss.

The 40k of Weaver I choose because we had more so its the minimum it should have more then Tempest but also it is the maximum to avoid power creep

The 32-36k for core Ele I choose because it force normalization between the Eles trait lines which I think is necessarily when you think at the next expansion also it would properly bring air built back as an options

I think this would be a pretty good balance

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Well, realisticly a meteor can go thru buildings and destroys heavy vehicles so ofc it should 1 shot a player.

Oh noes, game logic attack :D how about bleeding cannon or gate, burning under water... asura which have in inventory 20 greatswords and material of few tons of weight, also physics of combat..... one big heavy armor norn with two handed hammer not killing one little female human thief in skirt and shirt hit in face, but this same thief killing by one hit heavy armor norn with little dagger.

@Etheri.5406 said:

60k burst is great, but obviously not what i'm on about. And weavers used to get considerably more burst. I'm talking about DPS - not burst DPS -, particularly on small hitbox and actual benchmarks. None of this "all buffs big hitbox look it hits 40k!!!!" or "its bugged for a week and then nerfed again" like we had with the condi stuff. Or even the "look at me hitting every single one of my scepter procs". And unrestricted meteo was grinding benchmarks until you get unrealistic meteo procs; making it even worse.

I remember several benchmarks over 32k, and most of them were quite unrealistic in real raid scenarios AND considerably lower than the weaver ones.
End of HoT benchmark of staff FA benchmark.

Tempest was the best DPS; it was considerably easier than weaver and yet most of the time - it was doing less damage than current weaver. Especially towards the later parts of HoT.

The start of HoT had absolutely bonkers stuff - but it also had no benchmarks and virtually no established strats or DPS meters. And all the bonkers stuff got rightfully so nerfed ;)

You can look up similar vids with prenerf seaweed salad, where temp dps goes well over 50k.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

I remember several benchmarks over 32k, and most of them were quite unrealistic in real raid scenarios AND considerably lower than the weaver ones.

You can look up similar vids with prenerf seaweed salad, where temp dps goes well over 50k.

You can link me your 50k DPS tempest benchmark on small hitbox.

In the mean time, I'll leave this here :https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/benchmarks-may-balance-patch/https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/benchmarks-august-balance-patch/

As you see, under "small hitbox" only the condi tempest builds which were quite OP in these patches above 32k. And both these builds were target nerfed in the balance patches that came after, for good reasons. Condi tempest and condi "FGS hold" tempest were both exceptionally boring builds.

@Etheri.5406 said:

So... You are that fella in the qt vid you posted? And, secondly, why the ad hominem? The discussion was about temp dps being worse than weaver's. Hit boxes had nothing to do with it. But, sure. Whatever floats one's boat.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

So... You are that fella in the qt vid you posted? And, secondly, why the ad hominem? The discussion was about temp dps being worse than weaver's. Hit boxes had nothing to do with it. But, sure. Whatever floats one's boat.

No I'm not. Which ad hominem? I don't need you to upload the video. I need you to come up with proof of your claims. You claim stuff, tell me to look for proof for you while making more unclear random claims.

I claim something; you claim something else; I come up with arguments and things to add to my claims, you just claim more different stuff without proving or reasoning; then tell me to look for proof for you while yelling ad hominem and that there was another discussion.

Back up your claims, get that video which you state is so easy to find. Surely; benchmarks were already popular back then and not that difficult to get.

@Karl McLain.5604 said:I can confirm that the initial damage impact is currently too high and we'll be looking to bring it back down to normal levels when possible.

Why is a fix taking so long? Honestly? WvW, a core playstyle for a lot of us, is basically ruined while this is the case. WIth a full ascended minstrel build (vit/toughness) the first pulse of a metero shower hitting me for 14K. If enemy team has 2 weavers, i insta die. How can this take so long to fix?

Last night in wvw for a 6 hour session on my glassy warrior, I was getting hit by Meteor Shower anywhere from 1400 to 9k bombs. Yes there were many more eles running around. Yes you had to move out of the bombs. No it wasn’t every ele one shotting for 20k bombs. Not even close.

Archived