Meteor Wars!

Straegen.2938

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Guizao.4167 said:So much hypocrisy here. Mirages and Scourges have been dominating ever since they were released and nobody went crazy about them the way people are ranting about Meteor Shower now. S I G H

Memorizing rotations for DPS and escape, and being able to execute them well enough to stay a step or two ahead of the enemy is on another skill level than drawing a circle around as many enemies as possible and pushing one button twice.

@Guizao.4167 said:So much hypocrisy here. Mirages and Scourges have been dominating ever since they were released and nobody went crazy about them the way people are ranting about Meteor Shower now. S I G H

Mirage was never an issue in zerg play, though it was/is hilarious OP roaming. Scourge had 900 range, affected 5 people at a time (10 if you stood on top of the enemy zerg) and wasn't an instant one shot into full dead. You could at least do something about it.

Take a look at that video, where do you see time to even react? Can you even see the meteors or aoe circle? I got hit with a 1s fear and 1s immobilize, instantly taken out of a fight. I wasn't even near where the fighting was.

@Egorum.9506 said:

video of how good your reaction time must be to avoid being fully killed by the current meteor shower. 26k hp, 2.6k armorYou got like 2 sec to do double dodge. Even i could survive that and my k/d ratio is probably negative. :D

I was feared for 1s, which was enough time to get hit by 4 meteors that didn't even render on my screen inside an aoe circle that also didn't render. I wasn't in the melee ball, yet still got nuked in <1s. > @shinta.8906 said:

so out of position aswell.. > @Egorum.9506 said:

video of how good your reaction time must be to avoid being fully killed by the current meteor shower. 26k hp, 2.6k armor

as i said before. meteor calls out none moving, golem behaving targets..

if not meteor than the 20 ppl you plane stood in would ve killed you. i mean he screams at you right side tree the whole time yet..

The 20 people were focusing on the squad, we were regrouping after a bomb. I was accidentally one shot to full dead by meteors I could even see, and that seems okay to you? Lol

getting hit by 4 meteors bugged or not would most likely end up with you being dead anyway

Well, probably because the Meteor Shower is bugged whereas with Mirage and Scourge those are intended.

@Chaba.5410 said:

Well, probably because the Meteor Shower is bugged whereas with Mirage and Scourge those are intended.

Sad but true. Ele doing any thing of worth is going to be a bug most of the time. Mirage one shoting ppl and scourge becoming unkillable are intended.

@"Celtus.8456" said:Can we also make the staff ele projectiles slower? And give them more obstructed/range bugs? Go full meme ?

No! We will just have them act as if you say fire a fireball into the air it would simply burn out before it makes it to the target or rocks will fall apart mid air lighting dispersion and water becomes a fine mist.

Max meme with realism.

I realty hope they fix this soon i dont want to play wvw in such a state.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:Lots of new weavers running around the past few months. That's probably what you're noticing more than anything else

Yes thats why it suddenly has a 4 page thread and everyone and their dog is rolling a weaver after maining a single class for 4 years. Not to mention a dev post confirming the bug.

I mean ... it wouldn't be a problem if no one was doing it. Am I wrong about that? loldid you even read my postI realize meteor is bugged

I feel there is somewhat of a difference between that one decent power mirage you meet once or twice during a 2h session a couple of times per matchup, compared to a zerg meta of eles.

Just saying.

@SoV.5139 said:

Memorizing rotations for DPS and escape, and being able to execute them well enough to stay a step or two ahead of the enemy is on another skill level than drawing a circle around as many enemies as possible and pushing one button twice.

Oh yeah of course, push a single button twice, be rooted in place, become an easy target and channel the skill fully in order to maximize its potential is indeed something a very easy thing to do, while you have to memorize that two skills of a lame rotation in order to stay a step or two ahead of your enemy so you can make the most of your dps and escape (blink, mirage cloak, distortion, stealth...) is of another skill level. Not to say that how easily it is to land a good Meteor Shower without having your enemies, uh, dodge once or twice to escape the damage. That's perfect isn't it?

@Chaba.5410 said:

And there's nothing wrong with those professions right? Because oneshotting people with meteor shower is a bug while oneshotting people with a mirage or scourge is completely right and acceptable. Makes complete sense.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

I feel there is somewhat of a difference between that one decent power mirage you meet once or twice during a 2h session a couple of times per matchup, compared to a zerg meta of eles.

Just saying.

A zerg meta of eles...how hard is to dodge once or twice? How hard is to have your firebrands healing you, proc protection, vigor and so on? I presume that since elementalists were out of the question for a long time when PoF + balance patches hit, people are getting surprised now that they're dying to meteor shower...

@Guizao.4167 said:A zerg meta of eles...how hard is to dodge once or twice? How hard is to have your firebrands healing you, proc protection, vigor and so on? I presume that since elementalists were out of the question for a long time when PoF + balance patches hit, people are getting surprised now that they're dying to meteor shower...

No its not. I love it. Its so easy to blow them up in the middle of a zerg with a power mirage - especially when they are channeling.

Just saying there is a reason we're not seeing 20+ shatter mesmers in every zerg and an ele or two trying to flank and gank.

@Jski.6180 said:

@"Celtus.8456" said:Can we also make the staff ele projectiles slower? And give them more obstructed/range bugs? Go full meme ?

No! We will just have them act as if you say fire a fireball into the air it would simply burn out before it makes it to the target or rocks will fall apart mid air lighting dispersion and water becomes a fine mist.

Max meme with realism.

Make a video of eles one shooting the raid bosses with meteor showers, I'll guarantee you they'll fix it in 24 hours

@penguin.9271 said:

Max meme with realism.

Make a video of eles one shooting the raid bosses with meteor showers, I'll guarantee you they'll fix it in 24 hours

Easier to post about it on the war forms about how wars are getting one shot by eles.

This is a game braking bug and it was know for hours after the update but the war bug for bleeding effect was fixed with in a day but this is not fixed yet. I really think anet is so blind about the ele class they cant even see bugs with it. I guess that an odd good thing for a time but a bug a bug and it is no means of making a class viable or not or worst yet some how making the pain of significant nerfs better.

I suggest if there are any problems with GW2 post about it in the war forms. Anet devs. only seems to read thoughts. At least we have to assume as much because there are years of no post in other forms about the very classes who are effect by bugs such as ele. I remember the signet was cut off for a good week on ele but it was never posted about by a dev on the ele forms.

I truly think there is something wrong with the culture of Anet's devs.

@Jski.6180 said:

Max meme with realism.

Easier to post about it on the war forms about how wars are getting one shot by eles.

This is a game braking bug and it was know for hours after the update but the war bug for bleeding effect was fixed with in a day but this is not fixed yet. I really think anet is so blind about the ele class they cant even see bugs with it. I guess that an odd good thing for a time but a bug a bug and it is no means of making a class viable or not or worst yet some how making the pain of significant nerfs better.

I suggest if there are any problems with GW2 post about it in the war forms. Anet devs. only seems to read thoughts. At least we have to assume as much because there are years of no post in other forms about the very classes who are effect by bugs such as ele. I remember the signet was cut off for a good week on ele but it was never posted about by a dev on the ele forms.

I truly think there is something wrong with the culture of Anet's devs.

Dont get me wrong, meteor is broken. But warr is the Last class that has the right to complain

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

video of how good your reaction time must be to avoid being fully killed by the current meteor shower. 26k hp, 2.6k armorYou got like 2 sec to do double dodge. Even i could survive that and my k/d ratio is probably negative. :D

I was feared for 1s, which was enough time to get hit by 4 meteors that didn't even render on my screen inside an aoe circle that also didn't render. I wasn't in the melee ball, yet still got nuked in <1s. > @shinta.8906 said:

video of how good your reaction time must be to avoid being fully killed by the current meteor shower. 26k hp, 2.6k armor

if not meteor than the 20 ppl you plane stood in would ve killed you. i mean he screams at you right side tree the whole time yet..

The 20 people were focusing on the squad, we were regrouping after a bomb. I was accidentally one shot to full dead by meteors I could even see, and that seems okay to you? Lol

getting hit by 4 meteors bugged or not would most likely end up with you being dead anyway

The scourge in that video has virtually no boons and gets stuck in a bomb. You can say whatever you wish about counterplay and I agree meteo isn't balanced at the moment; but you can't go "METEO OP" when standing in a bomb and not doing any counterplay.

Even before this bug, you'd get hit by 15k+ meteors and standing in bombs like that you'd most likely go down. That's the nature of a bomb; not the nature of meteo.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@aspirine.5839 said:9k meteor does not sound that much to be honest. It is slow, it is highly telegraphed and easily dodged. I was not hit once by a meteor the whole evening as backliner.

First of all 21k is the current number floating around. And thats a 1 shot on any wvw build that isn't a kitten built to run away.

No ele is going to run into the enemy zerg far enough to meteor the enemies eles. Just because it's an issue you don't deal with doesn't make it a non issue.

Arguable; melee has next to 0 pressure on (good) eles. You need proper range to deal with enemy range; I don't know what meta you're playing but with the bug i'm prioritizing enemy eles as much as possible.

@shinta.8906 said:ppl cry over a large tell aoe when its literally the only thing weaver can hit atm that dont get reflected because of bubble wars and slow projectile speed with huge casttimes.

meanwhile:

• rev is close to weaver in dps but more consistent as it has less projectiles but also group support
  • worldly impact and gazelle charge
  • DJ
  • power mesmer bursts that stuns you in evade frames
  • reaper dmg buffs

how about:

focus partys?

In the chaos of battle it's pretty hard to keep track of the meteor zones even with really good ping. I think the counter is actually spellbreakers though.

meteor has also made sieging/counter sieging an area where enemies are present completely pointless.

want to build siege rams? too bad, your rams and your rammer (through iron hide) dies in 2 hits.

want to build AC on ledges to stop catas? too bad your ACs die in 2 shots with you on it.

the only way now to siege something is to do it before anyone shows up.

@Henrik.7560 said:it's breaking wvw and no one enjoys this meteor nonsense, but it doesn't affect pve so anet don't care

ArenaNet already commented that they're working on a fix. It's probably not as easy to fix as some of the other skills, or maybe it is a riskier change, meaning they need more testing before they can release it. I'm sure they're doing the best they can.

@Etheri.5406 said:

The scourge in that video has virtually no boons and gets stuck in a bomb. You can say whatever you wish about counterplay and I agree meteo isn't balanced at the moment; but you can't go "METEO OP" when standing in a bomb and not doing any counterplay.

Even before this bug, you'd get hit by 15k+ meteors and standing in bombs like that you'd most likely go down. That's the nature of a bomb; not the nature of meteo.

that's with protection on. 3k armor, you can even see the max corruptor's fervor stacks. what was the counterplay there? don't be within 1200 range of an ele at any time? lol

What in the world is taking you so long to revert this change? You should have reverted it back to how it was prior to the patch; copy paste the old code for Meteor Shower. Or why not disable it while it's this broken. You have disabled a Thief trait, I'm assuming you can disable skills too based on that. Getting hit for 16-20k instantly upon a Meteor Shower being cast with its already broken large radius and top tier 1200 range should have been hotfixed the very same day this got reported. This is incredibly game breaking for World vs. World. Oh, I wonder why there's suddenly this insanely large amount of Elementalists on some servers.. I'll admit I'm a bit upset and meow-hurt right now.

Archived