Zerker Soulbeast meta not an issue for anyone in wvw?

Xtinct.7031

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MountainRunner.3576 said:Maybe some excessive reading throughout the entire thread here but @Shadelang.3012 and @"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" include a lot of insight to the current state of SB damage. Especially of interest is the potential of bugged traits further scaling damage. Hope it helps shed some light.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/50267/wordly-impact-needs-a-serious-nerf#latest

if "Anet fix" some of the broken scaling damage, players will complain class is dead and unplayable... wich they wont do it cause game is all about those gimmicks.

In this game balance/gimmicks = broken most of time due how low the skill of the its players is and how they really need it to look and feel has great players, still just like i said before, any equal gimmick build with easy access to high damage sneezing the SB will just kill it.

@Shagaliscious.6281, that and clients stop rendering due the trashy spam and visuals clutter Anet is enforcing in a game that cant handle it (the onl desktpo i managed to play and notice all the visual stuff was with a 980TI and a 6700k OC'ed @ 5.4-5.6GHZ, i oced the dektop until it felt confortable with the gw2 client and zerg aoe spam gameplay), wich will make most stuff not rendering abd just be invisible atacks where only the hitting on toon animation will be noticeable with its damage on combat console...

@Dami.5046 said:The ranger hate is so funny.

I played a game that one class was deemed noob, all the do gooder's refusing to use class skills to prove a point.wonder what classes these ranger haters play.any takers?

Yes, all the ranger hate in the thread where only a couple of posts agree to the rather limited in scope OP without much more input and most of the rest are meh whatever.

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Odinens.5920 said:I've seen a LOT more SBs lately, and fighting in SMC the other day I swear I saw almost half the enemy zerg standing on inner with their mobile arrow arrow cart classes basically untouchable. It's pretty annoying, and is making WvW even more unfun lately. Time for another break, I guess.

I wish Barrage was as good as you think it is....

@ OP, Mesmers and Thieves have been doing what you describe since forever, and arguably current Deadeye still does it better, and both have way more defensive options than a SB who has to sacrifice every defensive option to go full glass cannon.

I get that people are disappointed that Rangers aren't just free bags anymore, but that isn't a reason for nerfs.

Wait? I'm not suppose to be a free bag with daggers on Soulbeast?

D:

OP specifically said 'Zerker in the title, so if you're running power daggers.....well, at least you'll draw fire from the Necros and Eles ^_^

It's how I role when I RP. Get it? Role...nevermind I'm outtie!

D:

Sounds pretty accurate.

Ranger is so OP I don't allow them in my squad. I wouldn't wanna win with such abusive mechanics. :trollface:Power soulbeast is pretty strong for roaming, but 9/10 rangers are just scrubs trying to pewpew from safety. They're rarely smart, good or problematic. Unless they're on your team; in which case they can be very difficult to get rid of.

Rangers are helpful in a zerg... I think, or atleast the turn around me and a friend are doing....

Me and friend have been running similar builds and we've been having a blast using our unblockable attacks to snipe the commander just as they push, it's freaking hilarious watching him go down and everyone stop to rez him only to get bombed by our zerg... Thier zerg just falls apart and splits like cockroaches and everyone picks them off as they run and port away... Did this to the same driver like 4 times in a row before they went else where.

Rangers are useful if those rangers can party and select the important targets, imo anyway.

But I also like to pew pew from safety as you say :lol:9Cm9u5P.jpgthis is literally the best spot to camp for safe Pew pews

Funny how some people complain rangers are too strong or out of control...

A full zerk ranger attempting to shoot a tanky target hits on average 600-800 per AA. They are lucky if they can crack 2000 on a crit. That same tanky target (if they are running something like soldiers) does more damage on their AA to the ranger than the ranger will do to them on their AA, it's stupid.

The set-up to land one giant hit as Sephiroth pointed out seems gimmicky at best and frankly just a hassle to even try to pull off against for the amount of reward in return. It's not that the Rangers do too much damage, it's that they do not do enough, at least to tanky targets. Up all their damage; if you died to a gimmicky 50K hit, what does it matter if you now die to a 70K hit? You are going to die regardless if the SB manages to pull off the combo.

Playing on my hammer rev, their AA's are doing nearly 2.5x the amount of damage per strike, and that's in Marauder gear (not even zerker), than a ranger Their AA's seem to do more damage than rapid fire; and they have more utility. From my perspective, rangers need a heavy increase in damage, or at the very least some sort of ignoring armor capability.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Funny how some people complain rangers are too strong or out of control...

A full zerk ranger attempting to shoot a tanky target hits on average 600-800 per AA. They are lucky if they can crack 2000 on a crit. That same tanky target (if they are running something like soldiers) does more damage on their AA to the ranger than the ranger will do to them on their AA, it's stupid.

The set-up to land one giant hit as Sephiroth pointed out seems gimmicky at best and frankly just a hassle to even try to pull off against for the amount of reward in return. It's not that the Rangers do too much damage, it's that they do not do enough, at least to tanky targets. Up all their damage; if you died to a gimmicky 50K hit, what does it matter if you now die to a 70K hit? You are going to die regardless if the SB manages to pull off the combo.

Playing on my hammer rev, their AA's are doing nearly 2.5x the amount of damage per strike, and that's in Marauder gear (not even zerker), than a ranger Their AA's seem to do more damage than rapid fire; and they have more utility. From my perspective, rangers need a heavy increase in damage, or at the very least some sort of ignoring armor capability.

it really is a hassle most days and extremely gimmicky...

its not worth running seriously thats for sure, purely just a fun all or nothing sort of build.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Funny how some people complain rangers are too strong or out of control...

ranger hit me with 3k armor for 3k per auto, not sure whats tanky for you, but 3k armor is tanky in my book

OP, soulbeast might be problem if you running solo roaming but against a zerg or even group of 5 that boonshare, its utter useless.why i'm saying its useless is cos you go thru your moves and get 1 person down easily then guess what, he's easily raised backup by his team/zerg.also you can't fully go in to stomp in zerg cos you're pretty glassy and will die easily.It is however good against strugglers or zerg tail trying to get catch up tag.there is a use for them in zerg if they maximize their view in options, you can easily take out AC/Shields/trebs on huts inside towers/keep/smc.i thought this was a los bug and made thread in bug forum but Anet doesn't seem to think so, so why should i worry, i'll abuse it too.

Well, I didn't say I wanted rangers to be free bags, just that there are a ton of them lately and it's annoying. Especially if you're on a class that doesn't really have any defense against ranged projectiles.

I guess not seeing 123897908 mesmers running around anymore is the benefit, if you can call it that.

@RedShark.9548 said:i dont have a problem with their dmg, just the amount of mobility they have ontop of their range and dmg is ridiculous

Which describes mesmers thieves and warriors as well.

So now we have 4 viable roaming classes.

Don't see the problem here.

And I roam on an Ele before the 'you must main ranger' posts pour in from others.

:smile:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:i dont have a problem with their dmg, just the amount of mobility they have ontop of their range and dmg is ridiculous

And I roam on an Ele before the 'you must main ranger' posts pour in from others.

warrior has no range, i just got chased down by a longbow ranger while i was running gs/sword shield and bullscharge...and i was running away because there was one shooting out of a turret aswell and then i was way too low to keep fighting but i couldnt get away

@RedShark.9548 said:

warrior has no range, i just got chased down by a longbow ranger while i was running gs/sword shield and bullscharge...and i was running away because there was one shooting out of a turret aswell and then i was way too low to keep fighting but i couldnt get away

Sounds like you lost a fight.Sometimes that ends in dying, even for warriors

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Odinens.5920 said:I've seen a LOT more SBs lately, and fighting in SMC the other day I swear I saw almost half the enemy zerg standing on inner with their mobile arrow arrow cart classes basically untouchable. It's pretty annoying, and is making WvW even more unfun lately. Time for another break, I guess.

I wish Barrage was as good as you think it is....

@ OP, Mesmers and Thieves have been doing what you describe since forever, and arguably current Deadeye still does it better, and both have way more defensive options than a SB who has to sacrifice every defensive option to go full glass cannon.

I get that people are disappointed that Rangers aren't just free bags anymore, but that isn't a reason for nerfs.

Wait? I'm not suppose to be a free bag with daggers on Soulbeast?

D:

OP specifically said 'Zerker in the title, so if you're running power daggers.....well, at least you'll draw fire from the Necros and Eles ^_^

It's how I role when I RP. Get it? Role...nevermind I'm outtie!

D:

Sounds pretty accurate.

Ranger is so OP I don't allow them in my squad. I wouldn't wanna win with such abusive mechanics. :trollface:Power soulbeast is pretty strong for roaming, but 9/10 rangers are just scrubs trying to pewpew from safety. They're rarely smart, good or problematic. Unless they're on your team; in which case they can be very difficult to get rid of.

Rangers are helpful in a zerg... I think, or atleast the turn around me and a friend are doing....

Me and friend have been running similar builds and we've been having a blast using our unblockable attacks to snipe the commander just as they push, it's freaking hilarious watching him go down and everyone stop to rez him only to get bombed by our zerg... Thier zerg just falls apart and splits like cockroaches and everyone picks them off as they run and port away... Did this to the same driver like 4 times in a row before they went else where.

Rangers are useful if those rangers can party and select the important targets, imo anyway.

But I also like to pew pew from safety as you say :lol:

Of course Rangers are helpful in zergs, but the reality is, if you're not a Spellbreaker, FB, Necro, Ele or Hammer Rev, you're not wanted in the zerg because you will never be as good as those professions. What I mean is, Mesmers, Thieves, Engys are in the same boat - better for roaming than zerging.

During Meteor Storm week though, many Rangers came out to snipe down the Eles in the blob. Now they are towned down, a Ranger can still put some pressure on the Necros, as well as distract SB / FB / Revs, and maybe get them to pop their shields early.

I think Odinens was only being pejorative towards solo roaming Rangers, because of course a Ranger shadowing a zerg must 'pew pew from safety as you aren't getting any of the protection or sustain that the Eles and Necros receive, as Rangers have to be on the flanks, outside of boons and protection. (this is of course assuming you were even invited into the squad in the first place)

@"geist.9173" said:I don't think "unblockable" should be in this game. It's completely dull mechanic. Get rid of it and nerf damage afterwards

I'm ok with that, so long as they remove reflect as well. If the point is to set up a DPS window that is guaranteed to hit, having that window shut down by a reflect is just as terrible.

I think some of you understand my view point. Let them keep the mobility/condition cleanse etc. Just cut down on some of the traited damage modifiers by 10-15%, its not going to kill the class. They just wont be able to 1 shot every class with just a point black and a rapid fire from 1800 range.

Uh. You must not be doing it right. A full zerk soulbeast Long Range Shot crits for ~5k on a tanky build (eg. Dire) and like 7-9k on a glass build (eg. zerker). Rapid fire will hit for anywhere from 1.5k per shot to 2.8k, not counting One Wolf Pack procs for sigil effects, so that's going to be like 20-40k for the full rapid fire.

@"geist.9173" said:I don't think "unblockable" should be in this game. It's completely dull mechanic. Get rid of it and nerf damage afterwards

Unblockable is fine, but it belongs on very specific skills. Because the defender can't rely on their usual defense, block/aegis/reflect, there needs to be:

• enough time to see and react to the skill with a dodge. IMO, this is at least 0.5s, but preferably 0.75s
  • a distinct animation. The defender needs to be able to tell the difference between an unblockable attack and a regular attack.

When you get the unblockable effect being added to any attack, it becomes unfair for the defender. Basilisk Venom and Unstoppable Union are the main offenders there.

You need to be able to know that an incoming attack is unblockable, preferably without targeting the attacker and looking at their status bar, because that's slow and you can't have everyone targeted all the time.

@coro.3176 said:

Unblockable is fine, but it belongs on very specific skills. Because the defender can't rely on their usual defense, block/aegis/reflect, there needs to be:
  • enough time to see and react to the skill with a dodge. IMO, this is at least 0.5s, but preferably 0.75s
  • a distinct animation. The defender needs to be able to tell the difference between an unblockable attack and a regular attack.

When you get the unblockable effect being added to
any
attack, it becomes unfair for the defender. Basilisk Venom and Unstoppable Union are the main offenders there.

You need to be able to know that an incoming attack is unblockable, preferably without targeting the attacker and looking at their status bar, because that's slow and you can't have everyone targeted all the time.

basilisk venom is the most obvious unblockable buff and only 1 attack wich can be evaded has a 1s cast time and a buff in the bar. as opposed to serveral other unblockables that just make you unblockable for X seconds. but as much as unblockables for X seconds are pretty strong so is very high or perma reflect/absorb uptime completely forcing melee fights.

@MUDse.7623 said:

When you get the unblockable effect being added to
any
attack, it becomes unfair for the defender. Basilisk Venom and Unstoppable Union are the main offenders there.

basilisk venom is the most obvious unblockable buff and only 1 attack wich can be evaded has a 1s cast time and a buff in the bar. as opposed to serveral other unblockables that just make you unblockable for X seconds. but as much as unblockables for X seconds are pretty strong so is very high or perma reflect/absorb uptime completely forcing melee fights.

The issue with soulbeast specifically is that it's doing so much damage from that rapid fire you need to make a very very fast decision, but can't know from the attack animation whether it is unblockable.

i used a bunch of tomes to level a soulbeast yesterday for lols, threw some exotic marauder gear on it, cheap consumables no infusions etc.

autoattack crit an ele for 9600, lel. then rapid fired unblockable quickness arrows into a minstrel firebrand for about 80% of his health.

Then I got oneshot by a 23k malicious backstab from a deadeye that i saw for maybe half a second during an attack animation.

Then he died instantly to a mesmer that cast about 3 abilities on top of me.

I don't think berserk damage is too high, at all! THIS IS FANTASTIC GAMEPLAY!

Archived