What GW1 profession do you want in GW2?

Dervish mechanics of deleting enchantments is basically Spellbreaker.Ritu is engineer and paragon is all over guard and warrior.But a AoE melee spec for warrior would be a fantastic dervish. With a support aspect to it that grants benefits by applying and deleting control conditions on targets and basically an anti cleanse spec would be cool and the antithesis of Sbreaker. Ofc it could be put on another profession like rev or guard, although i have no clue what weapon i would give guard.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So not having played GW1, I don't care about any of these.

But I do love the new elite specs, so if they made some that somewhat matched these thematically I'd be okay with it, so long as it seemed really unique and interesting. But maybe going forward is better than going backwards? Create new things that people can come to love.

This poll misses the Commando profession. April fools' 2011 was a blast, literally.

But yea, as others have said: Paragon is practically a guardian, ritualist is largely an engineer and the dervish profession wouldn't fit well with other races. That said I'd love to see dervish return, it was by far my favorite class in GW1.

Heard the ritualist kinda works like the engineer or scourge

Ritu is engineer

Did you guys ever play a rit...? Engi doesn't even come close to the rit... i keep hearing this since i've started gw2, almost 6 years ago.

From GW Wiki:

Ritualists channel other-worldly energies that summon allies from the void and employ mystic binding rituals that bend those allies to the Ritualist's will.How does this sound engi-like to you?

Engis don't use magic at all while rits were using mists magic. If you talk about spirit spammer rit, then maybe a shatter mesmer is a bit similar. Spawning an entity to attack something, destroying it to cause an effect... sort of mobile spirits. Or rev.. since he is using mists magic as well. But what about urns? What about weapon spells?

I'd like to have a rit here, in GW2, though i know they might never come. And if it has to be an elite specialization, then please for the rev...

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:I know the "lore" and official wiki says that thief is a rework of assassin, but it feel more like this:

assassin was the first cell in the primordial ooze, and thief is the blob that crawled out.

I want to be the cell.

XD

This is very true.

@Trise.2865 said:Don't need them. Already have those.

@"Oglaf.1074" said:The only one which doesn’t seem to already be represented by current classes is Dervish.

Actually, I seem to have Dervish-like abilities as a Reaper in shroud. On the other hand, I would give my eye teeth for a Rit.

I take it that you never truely played Dervish in GW1. Yeah, they use scythes, but that's all they have in common with Reaper's Shroud. The main mechanic for the Dervish is Teardowns, and there is nothing close to that in GW2.

Mesmer says "Hi", and points to an illusion of her main mechanic building up... which then Shatters.

I guess, but not really. Teardown has alot more strategy involved. Which Enchantments do I want to Teardown? Those are applied last. All illusions are Shattered at the same time. Enchantments are Teardown one at a time.

Monk for sure.

The "modern" vanilla Mesmer is essentially a SoS ( Signet of Spirits ) Ritualist with some Mesmer undertones. So ritualist is already more-or-less in the game. The spirits are weaker and mobile.. but it's essentially the same thing. GW1 Ritualist can even "shatter" spirits.

I'd love to see a more "mesmerish" Mesmer with sabotage spells.

@"starhunter.6015" said:I know Dervish is/was locked behind the human gods, but maybe we can get something newer that pays tribute to the old dervish? Maybe borrow a page from the Zephyrites and Elementalists and go with the aspects or elements instead ?If only we had a profession that channeled the magic of race-neutral powerful figures. "Legends", if you will...

@Chay.7852 said:Did you guys ever play a rit...? Engi doesn't even come close to the rit... i keep hearing this since i've started gw2, almost 6 years ago.

From GW Wiki:

Ritualists channel other-worldly energies that summon allies from the void and employ mystic binding rituals that bend those allies to the Ritualist's will.How does this sound engi-like to you?

Engis don't use magic at all while rits were using mists magic. If you talk about spirit spammer rit, then maybe a shatter mesmer is a bit similar. Spawning an entity to attack something, destroying it to cause an effect... sort of mobile spirits. Or rev.. since he is using mists magic as well. But what about urns? What about weapon spells?You're looking at the flavor, not the function, when the latter is why people are making the comparison. Ritualist spirits and engineer turrets are functionally the same, and engineer kits work pretty much how ritualist urns would have to work in the context of GW2's combat system

Archived