X-PAC NEW ELITE SPEC?!

feanor.4605

@Scar.1793 said:

@aimz.6287 said:I agree GS would be a terrible mistake? Whats gonna be good on greatsword… and give us a reason on who you want the legend to be like ? > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

Voted other cause the next weapon must be GS.

@LucianDK.8615 said:We dont need a GS, overdone weapon.

I don’t know but it seems me and quite a good portion of revenant players would like a GS option. Myself and some other made threads with ideas of new specs. Mine was called Vanguard with Prince Rurik as legend. Far from perfect of course but seems people liked the concept.

Besides so many of us have some Twilight taking dust in the bank, waiting for that moment to be used again.

Won’t lie I actually like this idea man!! Love rurik and his dad

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Milan.9035 said:

@aimz.6287 said:I agree GS would be a terrible mistake? Whats gonna be good on greatsword… and give us a reason on who you want the legend to be like ? > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

Kalla Scorchrazor, weapon greatsword

Skill 1- large arcing swinga that leave a fire trail. Similar in size to holo forge range.

Skill 2- 600 range double slash that always crits.

Skill 3- trow sword at target, land and does damage. Same time you step backwards into a port and appear behind target from another portal.

Skill 4- summon a large portal above the enemy which quickly drops a large sword into the ground doing big aoe damage and stunning everyone in the aoe.

Skill 5 - ground targeted teleport. Has visual of you jumping into a portal and coming out of another portal.

Just some quick ideas i came up with.

He didn't say that you couldn't come up with some abilities. He questioned if they would be good ones. While I would love for the Revenant to have teleport like abilities that we see from something like the Mirage (it is fun porting around on that profession) I do think these abilities come off a bit strong (which supports his "not good" thesis).

@Elric.4713 said:

@ScottBroChill.3254 said:Anything that takes a stronger magical theme. I think a 900 range power weapon is needed, but I'm all down for something that uses magic like sceptar/focus, ranged GS, pistols and rifles. I would prefer it being in a set of two or a two handed weapon because just adding a mainhand and offhand is really lackluster and rev will always be in need of more weapon options if it's core remains untouched for the life of the game.

Considering we're the first class to get a new weapon outside of Elite Specializations I'm still hopeful they'll give us core focus too.

That was different. They were trying to get Revenant on the same level as the other professions when it came to underwater combat. I think Revenant was the only profession that had weapon swap but also did not have an additional underwater weapon. The same cannot be said of standard core weapons as EVERYONE will tell you that they lack enough core weapons. While one could make an argument for say Warrior as already having enough core weapons I can assure you that Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, Theif, and Ranger will all make compelling cases for why they also need more core weapons. You open that door once and you won't be able to close it for other professions. It's just a massive headache that likely won't pay off as much. Look at this thread, you can't even get folks to agree on whether or not greatsword should be the next Elite weapon. Good luck with finding a consensus on an additional core weapon.

@Scar.1793 said:

I don’t know but it seems me and quite a good portion of revenant players would like a GS option. Myself and some other made threads with ideas of new specs. Mine was called Vanguard with Prince Rurik as legend. Far from perfect of course but seems people liked the concept.

Besides so many of us have some Twilight taking dust in the bank, waiting for that moment to be used again.

I think it would be more accurate to say that there is a very vocal group who support greatsword. However, I would consider that far far far away from saying that a good portion or Revenant players support the idea. For starters, the forums are not a good gauge of what Revenant player support as it's very structure favors a vocal minority. Secondly, the greatsword discussion threads are typically started by the same subset of people with that same subset having such conversations repeatedly, which is far from showing the support of a good portion. Finally, I see Scepter/Focus come up just as often as I see Greatsword come up. While I am of the opinion that we will never see an Elite get two separate weapons at once (contrary to what folks argue there is no precedent for it) I see that desire crop up just as often as I see greatsword come up. Thus, by your very logic, a good portion of the Revenant players really want a scepter/focus over the greatsword. Thus, I'm not really convinced a good portion of Revenant players support greatsword. I just think greatsword has a consistent group of supporters who bring it up whenever they can. Besides, there are plenty of professions that let you use Twilight if folks really want the weapon to stop collecting dust in their bank.

As for the weapon, I'd like to see, longbow. I really wish Revenant had a bit more long-range support. If we didn't get that then I'd like to see dual daggers that works akin to how Mirage work that allow the Revenant to use the Mists to port around their target, thus making them hard to hit or keep a target lock on. I'm not sure why Revenant doesn't have more abilities that revolve around them stepping through the Mists to launch an attack considering the whole Mists is their weapon theme.

@Dace.8173 said:That was different. They were trying to get Revenant on the same level as the other professions when it came to underwater combat. I think Revenant was the only profession that had weapon swap but also did not have an additional underwater weapon. The same cannot be said of standard core weapons as EVERYONE will tell you that they lack enough core weapons. While one could make an argument for say Warrior as already having enough core weapons I can assure you that Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, Theif, and Ranger will all make compelling cases for why they also need more core weapons. You open that door once and you won't be able to close it for other professions. It's just a massive headache that likely won't pay off as much. Look at this thread, you can't even get folks to agree on whether or not greatsword should be the next Elite weapon. Good luck with finding a consensus on an additional core weapon.

I get that, but those other professions get to pick and choose their utility spells while we're that's locked off for us, so having some more core weapons to play with doesn't sound that unreasonable to me.

@Dace.8173 said:

Skill 1- large arcing swinga that leave a fire trail. Similar in size to holo forge range.

Skill 3- trow sword at target, land and does damage. Same time you step backwards into a port and appear behind target from another portal.

Skill 4- summon a large portal above the enemy which quickly drops a large sword into the ground doing big aoe damage and stunning everyone in the aoe.

Skill 5 - ground targeted teleport. Has visual of you jumping into a portal and coming out of another portal.

He didn't say that you couldn't come up with some abilities. He questioned if they would be good ones. While I would love for the Revenant to have teleport like abilities that we see from something like the Mirage (it is fun porting around on that profession) I do think these abilities come off a bit strong (which supports his "not good" thesis).

@ScottBroChill.3254 said:Anything that takes a stronger magical theme. I think a 900 range power weapon is needed, but I'm all down for something that uses magic like sceptar/focus, ranged GS, pistols and rifles. I would prefer it being in a set of two or a two handed weapon because just adding a mainhand and offhand is really lackluster and rev will always be in need of more weapon options if it's core remains untouched for the life of the game.

Considering we're the first class to get a new weapon outside of Elite Specializations I'm still hopeful they'll give us core focus too.

That was different. They were trying to get Revenant on the same level as the other professions when it came to underwater combat. I think Revenant was the only profession that had weapon swap but also did not have an additional underwater weapon. The same cannot be said of standard core weapons as EVERYONE will tell you that they lack enough core weapons. While one could make an argument for say Warrior as already having enough core weapons I can assure you that Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, Theif, and Ranger will all make compelling cases for why they also need more core weapons. You open that door once and you won't be able to close it for other professions. It's just a massive headache that likely won't pay off as much. Look at this thread, you can't even get folks to agree on whether or not greatsword should be the next Elite weapon. Good luck with finding a consensus on an additional core weapon.

I think it would be more accurate to say that there is a very vocal group who support greatsword. However, I would consider that far far far away from saying that a good portion or Revenant players support the idea. For starters, the forums are not a good gauge of what Revenant player support as it's very structure favors a vocal minority. Secondly, the greatsword discussion threads are typically started by the same subset of people with that same subset having such conversations repeatedly, which is far from showing the support of a good portion. Finally, I see Scepter/Focus come up just as often as I see Greatsword come up. While I am of the opinion that we will never see an Elite get two separate weapons at once (contrary to what folks argue there is no precedent for it) I see that desire crop up just as often as I see greatsword come up. Thus, by your very logic, a good portion of the Revenant players really want a scepter/focus over the greatsword. Thus, I'm not really convinced a good portion of Revenant players support greatsword. I just think greatsword has a consistent group of supporters who bring it up whenever they can. Besides, there are plenty of professions that let you use Twilight if folks really want the weapon to stop collecting dust in their bank.

As for the weapon, I'd like to see, longbow. I really wish Revenant had a bit more long-range support. If we didn't get that then I'd like to see dual daggers that works akin to how Mirage work that allow the Revenant to use the Mists to port around their target, thus making them hard to hit or keep a target lock on. I'm not sure why Revenant doesn't have more abilities that revolve around them stepping through the Mists to launch an attack considering the whole Mists is their weapon theme.

I totally get what you’re saying but it works both ways. We’ll never know the truth. Usually we have polls around here and most of the time GS is ahead. Not because you don’t like it but because within each fragment of Rev players participating, they prefer that weapon to be unlocked next.

@Elric.4713 said:

@Dace.8173 said:That was different. They were trying to get Revenant on the same level as the other professions when it came to underwater combat. I think Revenant was the only profession that had weapon swap but also did not have an additional underwater weapon. The same cannot be said of standard core weapons as EVERYONE will tell you that they lack enough core weapons. While one could make an argument for say Warrior as already having enough core weapons I can assure you that Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, Theif, and Ranger will all make compelling cases for why they also need more core weapons. You open that door once and you won't be able to close it for other professions. It's just a massive headache that likely won't pay off as much. Look at this thread, you can't even get folks to agree on whether or not greatsword should be the next Elite weapon. Good luck with finding a consensus on an additional core weapon.

I get that, but those other professions get to pick and choose their utility spells while we're that's locked off for us, so having some more core weapons to play with doesn't sound that unreasonable to me.

It's not unreasonable to you. But I can promise you, everyone will see their desire to have additional weapons as not being unreasonable. Whether or not it is reasonable is a matter of perspective. You really can't counter with "well you get to pick your utilities" since you are actively choosing to play a profession that is designed not to do that. Nevermind the fact that Revenant players themselves would bicker about the weapon that was added and why it wasn't their pet weapon and why the other folks are wrong that the weapon added is a good choice. Folks can't reach an agreement on Elite weapons. What makes you think they would be in agreement over an additional core weapon?

@Scar.1793 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:We dont need a GS, overdone weapon.

I totally get what you’re saying but it works both ways. We’ll never know the truth. Usually we have polls around here and most of the time GS is ahead. Not because you don’t like it but because within each fragment of Rev players participating, they prefer that weapon to be unlocked next.

Actually, no it doesn't work both ways. I'm not making an affirmative claim about the desires of a group of people I have yet to actually measure. I made the claim that you cannot say that a good portion of the players desires something based mostly on the fact that the methods used thus far are horrible measures of player desire. There isn't a "working both ways" about a statement like that. The polls you bring up aren't good polls. As someone who has designed, and is currently teaching, survey research the polls you are discussing do not meet the requirements for being representative of a population. This isn't about what I may or may not like. The forums are an extremely horrible method of gauging what Revenant players (or any players) really want. What can be said is that a vocal group of players on the forums supports it. It cannot be said that a good portion of Revenant players support it. None of the polls given meet the standards for a statement like that. While we may never know the truth of the matter we know enough to know that you cannot say a good portion of Revenant players support it simply by understanding how opinions like that are actually measured and knowing that forum polls are not representative polls. They are self-selecting polls that measure the desires of a specific subset of players who are arguably smaller than the total Revenant player base.

There is nothing wrong with a vocal group on the forums supporting something. But let's not twist it into being something it's not because that just undermines your position. You're not going to win people over to your side with gross exaggerations.

@Dace.8173 said:

It's not unreasonable to you. But I can promise you, everyone will see their desire to have additional weapons as not being unreasonable. Whether or not it is reasonable is a matter of perspective. You really can't counter with "well you get to pick your utilities" since you are actively choosing to play a profession that is designed not to do that. Nevermind the fact that Revenant players themselves would bicker about the weapon that was added and why it wasn't their pet weapon and why the other folks are wrong that the weapon added is a good choice. Folks can't reach an agreement on Elite weapons. What makes you think they would be in agreement over an additional core weapon?

Actually, no it doesn't work both ways. I'm not making an affirmative claim about the desires of a group of people I have yet to actually measure. I made the claim that you cannot say that a good portion of the players desires something based mostly on the fact that the methods used thus far are horrible measures of player desire. There isn't a "working both ways" about a statement like that. The polls you bring up aren't good polls. As someone who has designed, and is currently teaching, survey research the polls you are discussing do not meet the requirements for being representative of a population. This isn't about what I may or may not like. The forums are an extremely horrible method of gauging what Revenant players (or any players) really want. What can be said is that a vocal group of players on the forums supports it. It cannot be said that a good portion of Revenant players support it. None of the polls given meet the standards for a statement like that. While we may never know the truth of the matter we know enough to know that you cannot say a good portion of Revenant players support it simply by understanding how opinions like that are actually measured and knowing that forum polls are not representative polls. They are self-selecting polls that measure the desires of a specific subset of players who are arguably smaller than the total Revenant player base.

There is nothing wrong with a vocal group on the forums supporting something. But let's not twist it into being something it's not because that just undermines your position. You're not going to win people over to your side with gross exaggerations.

You have yet to explain with facts why it cannot work only for one side.A statement like « polls in forums cannot be trusted therefore the majority of people do not want GS » is kinda messed up ( I get it that it’s not what you claim). But what fact(s) do you have to say that it isn’t what people want ? This is why I’m saying it can work both ways.

We have polls with hundreds of people, hence a fraction of the Rev community, with GS always ending first. And can be representative of what people want. It’s what a lot of countries do for presidential elections and quite often, if not made by biased medias, they tend to be correct.

Besides saying forums are for a vocal minority, what can you present as a fact to say that it may be not what people desire ? Again, this is why I’m saying it can work both ways since there are no significant numbers with a yes or no. But I’m inclined to believe a lot of revenants would like to use a GS, even when asked in-game the majority I met were all for it. Sure with no big stats we cannot really know, but you cannot know too for the people who are not supporting GS as next Elite spec weapon.

@Scar.1793 said:

You have yet to explain with facts why it cannot work only for one side.A statement like « polls in forums cannot be trusted therefore the majority of people do not want GS » is kinda messed up ( I get it that it’s not what you claim). But what fact(s) do you have to say that it isn’t what people want ? This is why I’m saying it can work both ways.

We have polls with hundreds of people, hence a fraction of the Rev community, with GS always ending first. And can be representative of what people want. It’s what a lot of countries do for presidential elections and quite often, if not made by biased medias, they tend to be correct.

Besides saying forums are for a vocal minority, what can you present as a fact to say that it may be not what people desire ? Again, this is why I’m saying it can work both ways since there are no significant numbers with a yes or no. But I’m inclined to believe a lot of revenants would like to use a GS, even when asked in-game the majority I met were all for it. Sure with no big stats we cannot really know, but you cannot know too for the people who are not supporting GS as next Elite spec weapon.

If it makes both of you feel better, all the revs in game I talk to all say they want GS, and most even add in “badly” for the adjective. And I do talk to a lot to revs.

@Scar.1793 said:

Did I say "polls in the forums cannot be trusted"? No. What I said is that a forum poll is not representative of the population (I'm not even sure why you would make that statement and then admit that that's not what I was claiming as it does nothing more than make it look like you are trying to set up a strawman). As for facts, have you not taken a basic stats course or research design course (It also amuses me that I would need to provide facts despite the burden of proof actually being upon you to prove your statement)? Ok, look here's the deal, in order for a poll to be representative, it has to measure the opinions of all possible groups in a given population of study (not to be confused with needing to measure everyone, as it doesn't need to measure everyone it just needs to make sure that each subfaction in the population of study is being included in the survey). In this case, you would need to measure the opinions of Revenant players who do not go to the Revenant forum in addition to the folks who come to the forums. Population representativeness isn't about the size of the population but the makeup of the population. Without measuring those folks any claim about the Revenant player base is only about the active members of this forum, nothing more. Pick up a copy of Elementary Statistics: Looking at the Big Picture by Nancy Peening and the entire process is explained there. Read the first three chapters of that book and it outlines the entire process and explains in great detail why your statement is wrong. I was actually teaching this exact same information last week.

The polls that other countries use for presidential elections are way more complicated than a forum poll and involve a lot more steps than what a forum poll takes into consideration. Those polls typically measure the opinions of tens of thousands of people and the people administering the poll make an honest effort to reach out the different population centers and different population groups in order to make an informed statement about the desires of a population. It isn't enough to take the opinion of a bunch of people. In order for a poll to be representative, it has to account for the opinions of the different subgroups of a population. The Revenant population is not the forum population. The forum population represents a fraction of the total player base (I would wager a small one at that). This is easy to see when you notice that most of these threads are conversations between the exact same sets of people. To measure those folks you would have to take the poll beyond the confines of a forum thread. If it were measuring the non-forum population the numbers on those polls would be significantly larger than what we see. To put this in perspective, using GWEfficeny we can see the self-reported Revenant population is 155,820 characters. We can assume that some folks have more than one Revenant character but I have some serious doubts that it would be large enough to throw that number off by any significant margin. The causal nature of the game would slant things towards folks having one character as opposed to a large number of people with more than one character (also bear in mind that GWEfficeny isn't even measuring the possible total player base, just the segment that decided to create an account there. It is possible for the Revenant player base to be much larger than the number presented) Flip side, the last poll that asked about weapons had a total of 402 votes. That works out to be roughly .25% of the possible Revenant population responded to that poll. You don't even break 1%. From there we can see that roughly .16% of the possible Revenant population supported greatsword. Again, we are nowhere near even 1% of the possible player base. Therefore, you cannot even remotely claim that those polls are measuring a good portion of the Revenant player base.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I am disputing the validity of polling data, which is not the case. I am disputing the validity of a silly forum poll. On no level does a forum poll here come anywhere close to being on the same level of reliability as a poll for a presidential election. I actually take polling data very seriously which is why I teach people how to do it. So no, this doesn't work both ways. I'm not trying to make a statement on what a good portion of the Revenant player base wants. I really don't have to prove anything because I never made a claim about what Revenant players want. I made a claim about what I would like to see. I also said that you can't support a statement about what a good portion of the player base may want (and I have now shown you why). You can say a vocal group on the forums want greatsword but to continue to insist that it is the wish of a good portion of the Revenant player base is a gross exaggeration that undermines the validity of your position. You can also not say that this works both ways since I have not made an affirmative claim on the desires of the Revenant population.

I personally find the GS really boring on most professions, maybe except Reaper. It does have some of the best skins though. GS just seems rather obvious for a rev elite, i.e. if we are even going to get one, which I'm seriously beginning to doubt. But since we are talking about it, I like the idea of daggers. Opens up the possibility to enter/exit the mists for attacks. That would be great! But again, rather obvious choice. And I really don't get the sceptre/focus choice. Revs have the mists to do what foci would normally do. I think I would like to be surprised really. Say dual pistols, just for kicks. Not sure which legend this could be though.

Rhaza-Power cleave AoE spec with GS.Class mechanic is that you can transform in legendary avatars of your legend channeled. These new skills account as rhazas skills.There is no new legend but rather glyph skills that can be slotted freely.Channeling the avatarform accounts as a legend swap but it will not change your utilities but your weaponskills instead.

I still want Riannoc or Khilbron as Legends. I think if they were to do greatsword that Riannoc makes for the perfect choice. Meanwhile, Khilbron would be excellent for scepter.

Otherwise, I'm still all in for twin daggers that focuses on teleporting attacks. As I mentioned earlier, it works well for Mirage and I'm surprised Revenant doesn't have more such abilities.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:Scepter + FocusRAZAH OR RIOT

@InsaneQR.7412 said:RAZAH OR RIOT

I agree. I envision something along the lines of a Channeling Magic Ritualist perhaps, where they take a while to channel, but drop huge bombs. Channeling Magic also included some pretty good offensive buffs, but I think that Revenant players are more keen on having a really strong DPS e-spec instead.

I do think that Revenant was meant to be able to switch roles, just like Razah, so perhaps we should have something along the lines of a Celestial build instead? Don't know how they'd make it work, but Arenanet has surprised me before.

@ethanzephyr.7298 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:Scepter + Focus
RAZAH OR RIOT

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:
RAZAH OR RIOT

I agree. I envision something along the lines of a Channeling Magic Ritualist perhaps, where they take a while to channel, but drop huge bombs. Channeling Magic also included some pretty good offensive buffs, but I think that Revenant players are more keen on having a really strong DPS e-spec instead.

I do think that Revenant was meant to be able to switch roles, just like Razah, so perhaps we should have something along the lines of a Celestial build instead? Don't know how they'd make it work, but Arenanet has surprised me before.

TBH that's exactly what I want. AoE high power damage "caster" with some solid defense as well

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Opopanax.1803 said:Legend of Eir. Longbow.

Too soon?

Way to soon.....

Togo makes sense, Cantha is under a Tirane , Togo was in the royal bloodline, maybe he want to free Canthan people.But since ANet addded a random charr legend to the PoF expantion, where i tough they would go after some elonion toon or king...

As much as I love how much Kalla works, thematically summoning an entire pack is awesome, I did also find it odd that we were in Elonia and we weren't channeling someone there. They could have done the same thing by maybe centering it on Sunspears and each summon was a different Sunspear and in game you could discover material about each Sunspear as we progress through Elonia. I would have loved for it to be Tahlkora but considering her fate ...... Still, there are plenty of Sunspears that could have served as a spirit summon such as Dehvad. I'm sure at some point we'll get an Elonia personality but this was a big missed opportunity.

@"aimz.6287" said:Alright so we can all say Shiro Tagachi has been the true elite spec the last 3 years amiright :P... ON the real note, if let's say we are going to CANTHA for our next x-pac which we can say is highly... I've been thinking imagine an Elite Nika Spec( https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Nika ) or Vizu ( https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vizu ) Vizu is the one who helped the Luxons and the Kurzicks defeat the powerful Shiro. Obviously they would equip main hand and off hand Dagger.... how amazing would that be two of the strongest assassins to exist in the world of gw2, WHILE channeling Shiro talk about awesome evades and power... But THEN you also have Master Togo( https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Master_Togo ) and Mhenlo ( https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mhenlo ) that can give us scepter with some awesome support build that goes great with ventari.. Either way I would be happy if we get Togo or Nika.. If we get anything else ME PERSONALLY I would be upset. Now what do you guys think... Nika/Vizu Power Elite spec.. or Togo/Mhenlo Support Elite spec... OR SOMETHING ELSE that you all have in mind???? LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS DOWN BELOW! I Just think channeling assassins would be extremely amazing synergy.

We allready have an assasin, a healer and a ritualist among our legends..

Personally i would love to see something more akin to a ranged dps caster..A scepter would work well, combined with a focus...(but that would technically be 2 new weapons)

I would love to see an elementaist/magic user..That instead of calling spirits of his former friends..Can shapechange into them..replacing the weapin skills with 5 skills of this new form..

This could even replace the new weapon skill.. so no new weapon..But a f2, f3, f4 and f5 power that changes the weaponskills amd shapechnages into a new form..

• 1 month later...

I love the idea of having Asgeir Dragonrender with Great Sword as a Legend for the next Elite Spec. Instead of having skills that grant aid of the Spirits of the Wild, it should be magic from the Jotun scroll that he used to hurt Jormag!

Another idea as an elite would be have a the Revenant have Dual Pistols. I know their is no legend of the past, but maybe this Revenant can channel a legend of the future. They could use the mist in creative ways due to further advance knowledge of the mist it's self.

I'd love to have a real magic-themed legend so Vizier Khilbron or Razah are my choices.I see Revenant getting 2 weapons - everything would make sense. My weps would be:

• v1 - Scepter + Focus
  • v2 - Off-hand Dagger [(no class has a Dagger Off-hand since Soulbeast got it for Main-hand) + Revenant's concept has a Dagger]
  • v3 - Warhorn - Imagine getting Razah od Khilbron to summon mist forces through the sound of a Warhorn!

Archived