Why do you attack me when you know your gonna die.

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

For me it can be out of boredom, desperation, fun, or a desire for challenge. Roaming around the map on the same paths over and over again can get extremely repetitive, why not take the risk? Not like dying is a big deal anyway. I usually just solo-roam and good 1v1 fights aren't exactly commonplace. I gotta take what I can get. I'll also try to engage in 1v1s I know I'll most likely lose because I get a chance to get better. When I am playing more seriously rather than just bored-roaming, I will also do it to harass havoc groups or people trying to take stuff. One person can have a surprisingly large effect on a small group of people.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do it all the time. Actually chasing heavily outnumbered fights is what I do majority of my time playing in wvw. Why I do it? Because it has been 6yrs and, in my opinion, the game had a heavy decline after HoT and now PoF, making it feel not as fun anymore. I've decided to create my own challenge, something I find it fun doing it and couldn't care less if I die or not. It is all pixels for me. My fun and amusement comes first to my character surviving or winning a fight.Sometimes I manage to down someone before dying myself, other times they explode me in a few seconds, other lucky moments manage to sneak a kill and I consider all options a good game. My real challenge? Time how long I can stay alive against groups and later try to change my strategy taking in consideration the previous fights. The most funny part of doing all this is that people often whisper, mail , siege bury and emote on my character's corpse. I find amusing when that happens and may send a packet of salt to their way and call it a good day (or night).

in a 7 versus 1 scenario, me killing you means that i killed you. and 6 players versus 1 person (me) don't equate to 1:1. thus, by some percentage, i'm still ahead of your group.

in the game to real life.

and after that, welcome to Hell.

so iz nut abawt teh numbaz. iz abawt teh numerology.

If you never take on fights you know you probably will not win, you don't learn anything. Fighting hopeless fights, or very out numbered teaches you things, it makes you more aware of skill uses and animations from more than a single player at once, and how to dodge based on things in your peripheral vision. As others have said, it's also fun to jump into these and actually win them, and if you never try, you will never win. Dying in the game has zero impact on you, and repair doesn't cost anything.

Also, depending on the matchup I am in at the time, many servers you will almost never see single roamers, it's always groups of 3+, while other servers you have lots of solo/duo roamers. When you don't have those matchups, you take the fights you can get.

I have gone into 4vs1's often, and have won a number of them, I have also jumped into 8vs1's before, often getting a kill or two before being downed. I have called out towers being flipped by 4-6 people looking for help, only having one or two people in map say "it's hopless, there are only 2-3 of us", and I go in solo and wipe them. So many fights and towers/keeps are lost just because people don't try.

@Alehin.3746 said:i bet OP is the kind of player that gets really mad when dying in video games

but i didn't die. Thats the point. He attacked me. Didn't down me and he was stomped into the ground by everyone surrounding me. So I asked why would someone attack when they know they are gonna die. My consensus is people do it because

1) yolo2) challenge3) hoping for a quick kill to boost pip time count.4) Drunk

@Dilligaf Wyt.1867 said:

@Alehin.3746 said:i bet OP is the kind of player that gets really mad when dying in video games

but i didn't die. Thats the point. He attacked me. Didn't down me and he was stomped into the ground by everyone surrounding me. So I asked why would someone attack when they know they are gonna die. My consensus is people do it because

1) yolo2) challenge3) hoping for a quick kill to boost pip time count.4) Drunk

you forgot 5) doesnt like the target he is attacking. (because previous encounters, buildchoice, server, guild, fashionchoice etc.)

Or 6, just want the group to know someone is watching.Plus when I'm scouting and accidently run upon a group, I know I am going to die anyway, so I might as well go down fighting. Picking one over another doesn't mean I thought about the character at all, it may be they were the closest. Also, there are times I am going to the camp to get supply before the flip. After I get supply I might as well go out in a blaze of glory -- better then dying from arrows in the back.

7 He wanted the nodes, but you were in the way

8 Dude was outnumbered and ticking red on T3 participation only to discover your group has already killed the upgrade npc and all the yaks

9 He was miles from spawn point, no friendlies around and wanted a reason to port back because a camp near his spawn is off RI

10 He sacrificed himself so a newbie with him could get away

11 There's a tag hitting something juicy and he's trying to distract you for a little bit

@Agriope.4523 said:

@"coro.3176" said:You have to make your own fun in this game. Better to try for a 1vX and lose than run away and wander an empty borderland.

This. Almost always this.Indeed. Yesterday we where running outnumbered on our own home border against a 15 man guild. Yes, that was apparently enough to outnumber us woth the rest of the random enemies on the border. We didnt stand a chance against them with 3-5 randoms. When the guild was sieging our spawn tower... We engaged them anyway. What else where we supposed to do? Roll over and die? Watch them from afar? We knew we couldnt win. But at least we could fight.

Yet it wouldnt surprise if a new video pops up with "15 MAN HARDCORE FIGHTGUILD OUTNUMBERED VS MASS OF PUGS"...

Archived