No Mount = Garbage

Ulyssean.1709

I personally hate mounts in any pvp game. It's what killed world pvp in Wow. But i know complaining about it probably won't get Anet to change anything. So knowing mounts are here to stay in WvW, i got my warclaw in 3 evenings without Perma-swiftness. It is doable but not fun.

But i would be all for mount rentals, or having a passenger on your mount. I would love for the warclaw to disappear but we all know that ain't happening.

EDIT: if they do mount rentals, i do think it needs to be for people who have purchased PoF though. F2P players don't need to be catered to.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the people saying "just get the mount bro"? Nah. It's a 10 hour reward track and I have 2 hours of time every day. That's 2 hours of missing caps, lagging behind, running across the map and getting picked off and 1 shot. I would rather just play something else.There's so few players in WvW now that Anet should be sending hand-typed emails begging for them to come back lmao.No mounts = garbage and that means few new players. It's just you guys left now.Have fun.

@"Ulyssean.1709" said:To the people saying "just get the mount bro"? Nah. It's a 10 hour reward track and I have 2 hours of time every day. That's 2 hours of missing caps, lagging behind, running across the map and getting picked off and 1 shot. I would rather just play something else.There's so few players in WvW now that Anet should be sending hand-typed emails begging for them to come back lmao.No mounts = garbage and that means few new players. It's just you guys left now.Have fun.

At T6 participation you are awarded 195 reward track points per 5 minute tick, barring any other boosts.Completing a WvW daily rewards you with 1-2 Potions of WvW Reward. Each potion when consumed provides 250 points towards your reward track.

The only people taking 10 hours to complete a reward track are those standing on a battlement and trebbing SMC the entire time.

@steki.1478 said:

@Dhemize.8649 said:Similar to how core players can't glide, which only further divides player mobility and forms more obstacles created by the expansion pay walls. As if OP expansion builds weren't already enough of a plague.

If you don't have the latest expansion, you're obsolete and have no place in the game. F

WvW is rubbish and I highly encourage everyone to also bail on it until Anet does something productive for once.

This is disagree with. I approve of making the expacs must have just like every other MMO in existence. Because at the end of the day someone who isn't buying the game at all is not someone I want to see accomodated. People who play MMOs generally expect to buy expansions. That's how it's been for the longest time. The only MMORPGs where that's an exception are pay to win cash shop games.

The idea of having a free to play game is expressly to get people to buy the game. If people don't want to buy the game, I'm okay with them being unhappy or not playing. There has to be enough reason to buy the game, or being free to play is largely wasted.

You can have expansions without making new people fodder.

Not my point however. If you just make it a bit inconvenient, it's not going to sell the expansion because there are people who resist at all cost buying something. Some people don't have money and some people are cheap, some people just like to get over. The more "encouragement" to buy the better it is for the game. Calling for a boycot on something that is working as intended isn't really helping anyone. This game has some of the best business practices in the industry. I wouldn't want to punish them because some people can't afford the expansion.

Pretty sure that no person will buy expansions purely for wvw. Wvw stopped being selling point of gw2 (if it ever was one) when they introduced expansions that are focused only on pve.

I didn’t buy PoF until the announced mounts for WvW as I knew it was gonna be a must have. Am also enjoying the PvE side of PoF. Much less frustrating than HoT maps.

@Ulyssean.1709 said:Can't keep up the zergGet stomped for lagging behindCan't capture points in timeNo offense to WvW players but Anet can enjoy new players trying it out and then leaving forever twenty minutes later. If they want WvW to retain players this needs fixed.

Imagie how much fun it is to play a competitive game mode, but without PoF. Yeah, you are left out of the fun.

Dunno why this BS has been implemented into WvW, but i dislike it.

I'm all for expansions introducing new buffs, debuffs, different stat combinations, etc. but the moment it adds anything of combat value over the previous game release I'll dislike it. The mount does exactly that.

Imagine in PvP the max stat for any equip is 1,200 but if you get an expansion you can equip something that has a 1,500 stat.

This rightfully deserves to be boo'd.

@"Ulyssean.1709" said:To the people saying "just get the mount bro"? Nah. It's a 10 hour reward track and I have 2 hours of time every day. That's 2 hours of missing caps, lagging behind, running across the map and getting picked off and 1 shot. I would rather just play something else.There's so few players in WvW now that Anet should be sending hand-typed emails begging for them to come back lmao.No mounts = garbage and that means few new players. It's just you guys left now.Have fun.

Thank you, only the strongest and highly skilled have survived to this point. /salute to all the quitters in game and out of game.

@Dhemize.8649 said:

@Dhemize.8649 said:Similar to how core players can't glide, which only further divides player mobility and forms more obstacles created by the expansion pay walls. As if OP expansion builds weren't already enough of a plague.

If you don't have the latest expansion, you're obsolete and have no place in the game. F

WvW is rubbish and I highly encourage everyone to also bail on it until Anet does something productive for once.

This is disagree with. I approve of making the expacs must have just like every other MMO in existence. Because at the end of the day someone who isn't buying the game at all is not someone I want to see accomodated. People who play MMOs generally expect to buy expansions. That's how it's been for the longest time. The only MMORPGs where that's an exception are pay to win cash shop games.

The idea of having a free to play game is expressly to get people to buy the game. If people don't want to buy the game, I'm okay with them being unhappy or not playing. There has to be enough reason to buy the game, or being free to play is largely wasted.

You can have expansions without making new people fodder.

Yeah .. they just have to buy the expansion. I mean ... the point made is good here. It's not too much to expect people to purchase an expansion to maintain a baseline of performance to compete. I don't get all this positive support for people that want access to things other people have to pay for and earn. Anet is doing it right and the idea you are encouraging people to 'bail' on that is unreasonable. If the game is good enough to get into WvW to a level where you want to be competitive, then the cost of the expansions shouldn't bother you. If you're a player just toying with the idea of it, you won't get that deep into the experience to know better anyways.

@Dhemize.8649 said:I'm all for expansions introducing new buffs, debuffs, different stat combinations, etc. but the moment it adds anything of combat value over the previous game release I'll dislike it. The mount does exactly that.

What were your thoughts on heart of thorns specializations? Because that's what people said THOSE were, better combat value :P

Edit-And new people in wvw have universally always been fodder at the beginning, that has never changed since release day

Kitten! Let's just give all new players the full WvW skills, mounts, and access to all HoT and PoF elite specs!! Why should they have to earn all of that or pay for it. Just ridiculous! You should only buy the expansions for the PvE experience. Nothing else. I mean let's face it. A new person entering WvW with no skills just can't play WvW. How will they ever carry enough supplies? How will they ever be able to build or repair anything? How will they ever be able to do enough damage to players using siege or all the NPC's in the Towers or Camps? It's IMPOSSIBLE!!! Anet should just give their game away to all the new people so they can play it properly. It's just not fair!

@Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

@"Dhemize.8649" said:I'm all for expansions introducing new buffs, debuffs, different stat combinations, etc. but the moment it adds anything of combat value over the previous game release I'll dislike it. The mount does exactly that.

What were your thoughts on heart of thorns specializations? Because that's what people said THOSE were, better combat value :P

Edit-And new people in wvw have universally always been fodder at the beginning, that has never changed since release day

As I pointed out before with gliding. The specializations themselves started off as OP because it's the sort of balancing quality we've come to expect from Anet. They were toned down. Now with mounts it's like gliding mobility AND health/abilities on TOP of the new OP builds that have yet to be reasonably toned down. That is why I think it's wrong. If mounts didn't have their own health pools and stuff I wouldn't be so opposed to this compounded problem.

And I mean new players as in not having expansions. As in there's no way for them to compete nowadays. With HoT it wasn't so rediculas. Nobody died to gliders.

Some buy gems so the argument of people not getting an expansion shouldn't be catered to is nonsense. Expansions for story content or new maps sure, but not for clear fighting advantages. But yes. Let's continue with "pay to win" elitist gameplay. Might as well go play some mobile app if that's the case.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Susy.7529 said:Buy PoF, unlock mount, problem solved.

Why put a price on a dieing mode?So the viewpoint is that everything should be free because you dont like it?

I also think Porsche is a dying brand of cars and they should just give me one for free.

The view point is, why raise your prices when no one is coming to your theme park aside from regulars that are slowly getting bored of the same rides over and over again.

Anet isnt gaining customers with this system, they are slowly losing more, hence the population slowly dwindling in both PvP modes.

All of this "if you don't have PoF, you're at a disadvantage" talk is b.s.

First, the expansions and gem store is how anet keeps this game afloat. If your not willing to support anet, then you earned your disadvantages. The expansions are stupid cheap for gw2 compared to most mmos so it's not like you have to dish out $50+ for each expansion. Maybe $50 if you want both of them.

Secondly, you can WvW without the mount, i did it without too much issue. You just build around high mobility. Adding swiftness, 25% movement runes, teleport abilities, into your build and you can do a decent job of keeping up with the zerg.

Also, if you talk with your commander/tag, they often times will be accommodating. I had a tag get off his mount to allow me to keep up, and the zerg in turn did the same. I even got to the point of the collection where I needed a keep and tower capture, and asked a tag if we could do them and he made sure we got it done that evening.

Aka, this is a community based game. Asking for assistance is ok...

EDIT: All of that being said, I would be more than happy if the warclaw disappeared altogether. I hate mounts in pvp modes/games.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Tiviana.2650 said:I think this is a real problem that can be remedied pretty easy.
Just like in dragonfall they have temp zone mounts to help you
, they could do the same for wvw. It really is almost impossible for a core player or a new player to get around in wvw now with all the mounts. I think this goes beyond pof and its mounts this is outside of an expansion its wvw a core part of the game and really should open the mount up to everyone even if only temporarily while on the map.

Bolded part: How many core players or a new player that has not obtained any mount are there in the Dragon Fall map?

Thats not the point , the point is everyone can do wvw, but only pof can get the mount, and its horrible for new players that have to catch up in a competitive game mode. That leaves a lot of players in the dust, with dragon fall as an example anyone that can go there and start can use the temp mounts. The warclaw isnt even like the pof mounts, its a wvw mount a part of the game outside of the expansion its core.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@Tiviana.2650 said:I think this is a real problem that can be remedied pretty easy.
, they could do the same for wvw. It really is almost impossible for a core player or a new player to get around in wvw now with all the mounts. I think this goes beyond pof and its mounts this is outside of an expansion its wvw a core part of the game and really should open the mount up to everyone even if only temporarily while on the map.

Bolded part: How many core players or a new player that has not obtained any mount are there in the Dragon Fall map?

Thats not the point , the point is everyone can do wvw, but only pof can get the mount, and its horrible for new players that have to catch up in a competitive game mode. That leaves a lot of players in the dust, with dragon fall as an example anyone that can go there and start can use the temp mounts. The warclaw isnt even like the pof mounts, its a wvw mount a part of the game outside of the expansion its core.

It is exactly the point. You have to own PoF to get to Dragon Fall. Core or F2P players cannot go there so using it as an example does not apply.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

It is exactly the point. You have to own PoF to get to Dragon Fall. Core or F2P players cannot go there so using it as an example does not apply.

Oh for goodness sakes, its an example of how a temp mount can be put in for helping in a zone where you dont have the mount. Besides wvw is core and it hinders players that dont own the expansions or new players now. Before it didnt matter everyone was on the same level, thats not the case anymore. Here you wont do it but if you did maybe you would see the problem better. Stop using the warclaw in wvw all together for a week, just run around in there and do everything without it, just run. See how fast you get left behind and ganked all the time.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Susy.7529 said:Buy PoF, unlock mount, problem solved.

Why put a price on a dieing mode?So the viewpoint is that everything should be free because you dont like it?

I also think Porsche is a dying brand of cars and they should just give me one for free.

The view point is, why raise your prices when no one is coming to your theme park aside from regulars that are slowly getting bored of the same rides over and over again.

Anet isnt gaining customers with this system, they are slowly losing more, hence the population slowly dwindling in both PvP modes.

I think you are confusing theme parks like Disney to the local circus you like to routinely attend.

@shiri.4257 said:

I think you are confusing theme parks like Disney to the local circus you like to routinely attend.Just stop typing.

@Susy.7529 said:

Why put a price on a dieing mode?

If you think it's a dieing mode, it's pointless to even complain and play it, since it would die anyway.

No ones complaining. Just stating the fact that the mode is dieing due to toxic change that this community is so deadset on defending.

With low population comes low revenue. With low revenue comes 0/poor updates.

When the population is already low, its not a smart idea to push toxic design that are more then likely to push new players away while only maintaining the ones who already play the game in its roughest of times.