4 years later, your scribing level is...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone in our guild can scribe and decorate, but very little people are interested. Everyone in our guild has at least dabbled in scribing and IF i put up a guild goal for a more expensive decoration the donations do trickle in eventually.

But even when i completely emptied the guild hall no one was interested, beyond the one other decorator. Neither when I placed stuff in the way just so people would need to use decorating remove stuff. There were some active times the first year, but any interest has long since waned by the lack of repeatable, or meaningful goals in guild halls.

When they stopped working on guild content, it quickly became almost neglected content.

I hit L400 pretty early, as one of three people in my primary guild to go for it early to make sure that we could access everything. I flog for donations during festivals and we've blocked off one section of the guild bank for general materials, so folks can contribute to guild decorations and consumables in trickles rather than floods, and it works for us pretty well. Having it maxed got me an invitation to my secondary guild, when none of their scribes were online one night when someone needed siege blueprints and asked in DR for help. I understand that it's much less expensive to max out now, but I don't regret the cost of doing it earlier to support my guild.

The total cost now of self-leveling (i.e. not taking advantage of blueprints that can be used in the guild hall), the total cost is under 120 gold. That's triple what it costs to max any of the armor disciplines (as of today), triple for two of the weapon making disciplines (and 5-6x versus artificer), and massively more expensive than Chef or Jeweler (that last is to be expected).

As someone else said: I mostly maxed it for Uzolan's Orchestra.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The total cost now of self-leveling (i.e. not taking advantage of blueprints that can be used in the guild hall), the total cost is under 120 gold. That's triple what it costs to max any of the armor disciplines (as of today), triple for two of the weapon making disciplines (and 5-6x versus artificer), and massively more expensive than Chef or Jeweler (that last is to be expected).

That’s by crafting the backpack over and over again, right? It cost me about 40 gold for 10 levels before adept doing decorations. Thankfully the festival decorations are coming in without the need to build the pre-requisites.

@Matt H.6142 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The total cost now of self-leveling (i.e. not taking advantage of blueprints that can be used in the guild hall), the total cost is under 120 gold. That's triple what it costs to max any of the armor disciplines (as of today), triple for two of the weapon making disciplines (and 5-6x versus artificer), and massively more expensive than Chef or Jeweler (that last is to be expected).

That’s by crafting the backpack over and over again, right?

No, by following gw2crafts.net, which I forgot to link (sorry about that).

The API only makes it easy for the programmer of that site to cover things crafted/refined at the station, not things that can be turned into something else. It's sort of the least-effort efficiency method.

It cost me about 40 gold for 10 levels before adept doing decorations. Thankfully the festival decorations are coming in without the need to build the pre-requisites.Yes, things like decorations will reduce the cost from 120g.

I did it only to do the uzolan achievement.

When the game launched I made a guild with some friends, to this day we haven't managed to get the guild hall (since Im the only one left playing),so I had to do it in another guild's hall. I really had no idea what I actually was crafting, it was quite expensive too, but in the end, I got the achievement...

@"Clyan.1593" said:I did it only to do the uzolan achievement.

When the game launched I made a guild with some friends, to this day we haven't managed to get the guild hall (since Im the only one left playing),so I had to do it in another guild's hall. I really had no idea what I actually was crafting, it was quite expensive too, but in the end, I got the achievement...

Players are getting ap from maxing scribing too. so players who hunting for ap, will usually also get scribing maxed and then they will usually also do uzolan achievements and others. we also crafted Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra from the recipe reward.. it requires Gift of Magic (a stack of 4 t6 materials eg powerful blood etc), gift of music and etc. xDPBkAYf2.jpg

I don't and won't touch scribing. I would happy to spend thousands of gold just to level up scribing IF it offers private hall version, not guild hall. I was original from Rift and one thing i like so much about that game is "Dimension System" which i think would be fantastic if anet can do something similar. Basically they copy and paste a certain zone or corner of a map and turn it into your own private area, you can go decorate, hunt and craft new deco. It has ranking system via upvotes from everyone visited your home.

385 to be exact. Maybe two or three times a year I decided that it's time to finally max it, but usually it only holds for a few levels before I'm tired of wasting good resources on mindless craft leveling again ;) . We do have several maxed guild scribes though, so I'm not really missing out on anything but the final scribe crafting backpack :) .

I was the only dedicated guild scribe when HoT came out and I am pretty much the only one really interested in decorating the GH.The main problem with decorations is that there is no guild vault for that, so as a Scirbe/decorator you have to pay everything from your own resources (unless guildies drop specific things into the guild vault for you to take).Sadly, the GH as a concept is dead and was barely alive when it started.

PS; Scribing is a lot easier to level up, if you can build on an existing GH which has unlocked all upgrades. There will always be things to refine and create that way.

I levelled it to 400 right when it came out, and before the nerf to the requirements. If you think it is a gold sink now, you should've been there at the launch of Heart of Thorns.

I personally like decorating, but I realize that the Guild Hall isn't a feature in this game that interests many people. Since I'm a hoarder materials are rarely a problem, so I can work around it, though. But even if I hadn't been interested in making the different decorations, I would still have levelled it to 400 just to be able to make the gold raid trophies and give them a nice spot in the Guild Hall.

I mainly did it for guildhall completion and for just having one . On the other side besides decoration elements everything else you can build with it is way too expensive and there always cheaper ways to get your banners or wvw tactics. Reason is the use of dust in all forms for producing nearly everything I personally thing replacing it with resonating sliver and higher tier version of it would be a win- win because resonating sliver is super cheap and there is way too much in the trading post of it.7

https://gw2tp.net/items/52922-resonating-sliver