Which ingame titles do you use the most and why?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have a fav title, since I give each of them to all my characters depending on their theme and personality.

Fashion Collector because she likes dressupsBounty Hunter because that's what she doesHonorary Skritt because skritt in mindThe Tourmentor because she's into bdsmProfessor because she's a scholarFinders Keeper because banditDark Traveller because the guy who hates bandits

Champion of the Gods, for the nostalgia and hard work of filling the Hall of Monuments 100%Honors in Applied Jumping, because I'm proud of it?Kingslayer, because I am definitely proud of that oneThe Blazing Light, dittoAcolyte of Dwayna, because my Guardian is a Priest of DwaynaI'm rich, you know, the perfect title for a NobleEx Machina, the perfect title for an Engineer

@Only Even.6193 said:Honors in Applied Jumping !

^This.

My personal favorite title. SAB is perhaps the most unexpected thing I've ever seen in an MMO. It's unique and charming and the tribulation mode achievements are truly a challenge I couldn't back down from. Of course, as seems to be the pattern with GW2, the more potential an aspect of this game has, the less support it sees. So, despite many players requesting further development on SAB, it continues to stagnate. It's a shame. New worlds with a whole new round of achievements and titles to earn would be great!

I probably still have GWAMM on alot of characters, because at the time I put alot of effort into it, and felt like I "finished" GW1. With GW2 there's no real titles that mean anything to me, theres too many with too little meaning., and its hard to discern where they even come from.

If I pick one specifically its usually simple like Veteran or Ascended or whichever I find.

Don't use titles too often purely for the reason of not having one that "fits" the characters' personalities I've created in mind. However, I have stuck to "Sunbringer" since I got it a few months back. Fits my second-most-used Sylvari male perfectly as he reminds me of a ray of sunshine.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Warlord.9082 said:Harder than anything GW2 offers.

Not really as it doesn’t require much of any skill to get.

LOL, yeah right! Many of the achievements required took far more skill then anything in GW2.

Not really. GW1 titles were pretty much locked behind grind and/or gold.

LOL, what ever you say, keep thinking that if you want but those of us who played since beta know better.

I use titles which fit either the character's personality or what I'm doing at the time. I don't tend to worry about where a title actually came from because I can rarely remember and I doubt anyone else remembers all of them, I just go by how it sounds.

For example my revenant uses Mist Treader, and will switch to Veteran of the Mists when she gets to level 80. My engineer uses Avenger of the Dispossessed, and when I'm out doing map completion I often use Traveller. My main character (ranger) uses Light in the Darkness which is very similar to the meaning behind her last name (Aurorel, literally dawn star), it's redundant but I still like it. And if I'm doing jumping puzzles I'll often switch to Honors in Applied Jumping.