Suggestion: Lock BG in T4 as motivation for servers to win

EremiteAngel.9765

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LetoII.3782 said:

@X T D.6458 said:If you want to win, stop skipping matches and actually come out to play.

Yeaaaah you transferred to an already winning BG, don't be lecturing others about game ethos mmkay

I transferred to BG 5 years ago when it was losing every match up and didn't defend anything. Remember push weeks that went on like every two months or so? I think its kind of ridiculous when people complain they cant win when they don't bother to even play. If you do not care about points, that is perfectly fine but don't complain about losing to someone that does.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Everyone cries that there are no fights anymore, they get matched up with BG and can't just ktrain all day and have to fight for something and it's all of a sudden, "we need to break up blobgate".

There is a difference between fights where you are always outnumbered by a good margin, and fights with about equal numbers. Nothing fun about getting roflstomped when they outnumber you 1.5x or more, whereas getting beat by fair-ish numbers is a better time. Even as a solo/small scale roamer I am disappointed by the lack of the roamers/small scale these top servers have, let alone the quality of them most of the time. Fights mean different things to different people.

Just my 2 cents

@X T D.6458 said:

@X T D.6458 said:If you want to win, stop skipping matches and actually come out to play.

Yeaaaah you transferred to an already winning BG, don't be lecturing others about game ethos mmkay

I transferred to BG 5 years ago when it was losing every match up and didn't defend anything. Remember push weeks that went on like every two months or so? I think its kind of ridiculous when people complain they cant win when they don't bother to even play. If you do not care about points, that is perfectly fine but don't complain about losing to someone that does.

Yeah that was called manipulating glicko so all 3 servers stayed in t1, hence glicko wall.

@XenesisII.1540 said:There was a mass amount of people that moved from DB to SoS like oct/nov 2012

I'm glad someone else remembers that, it was likely the single greatest mass exodus in the gamemode's history. I played on Dragonbrand from release until 2014, started playing wvw in October of that year and wondered why the place was a ghost town.

As for OP's idea, its so stupid and fantastic at the same time -- but I would make sure both servers not Blackgate in T4 get rotated out lest one ill-populated server get stuck with them week after week. Make T3 fight for 1st and the right to dodge Blackgate. =p

(This won't happen for so many reasons, but its a clever idea!)

~ Kovu

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Yeah that was called manipulating glicko so all 3 servers stayed in t1, hence glicko wall.

Yes both matchmaking systems allow servers to play in preferred tiers, glicko was just slower to adjust which allowed servers to go weeks without winning. If a server is purposely not playing to win, that is perfectly fine. I play for fights, I personally dont care about losing stuff if I can get fights out of it. People have different playstyles and preferences and need more incentive to stay actively involved in WvW.

Anet needs Blackgate to wear the black hat in this saga. Distracts from the lack of attention to the mode. Here’s some reality for the haters. BG has maybe 5 wvw guilds. BG very rarely has a map cue, even during prime time, and never all maps cued. This Blackgate blobbing thing is just an urban legend. How can we improve the mode when most of the players don’t even know the real issues. Just complaining about BG is lazy.

At this point they should just remove PPT. I'm on TC and we get to go to T1 this week. As many of you have faced us, you know it's not our battle prowess and population that got us to this point. It's that the red server in this week's matchup (the biggest server) stopped attacking our BL 2 days ago, so we are just ticking massive PPT cause no one will take anything. So, they manipulated the match to avoid facing BG...yeah, it's a broken system.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Currently there is very little incentive to win weekly matchups.Instead, I hear players and servers tanking intentionally to avoid the ‘reward’ of fighting BG in T1.

‘Stop ppting!’ ‘It’s not fun fighting Blobgate!’ ‘I’m tired of using 10 men to fight BG’s map queue!’ Etc.

So players tank to avoid winning.

If that’s the case, why don’t we turn things around so that BG becomes the ‘stick’ in tier 4 to motivate all the other servers to fight and win their weekly matchups?Even the 2 servers that end up in T4 with BG will be fighting hard to get 2nd so they climb out to T3 next week.

So instead of rewarding winners with tangible items that will just encourage more stacking, we encourage them by using BG as the stick in T4.

Motivated to win what? And how? All this suggestion does is give BG what it wants which is to no longer have to tank in order to be moved down to plough through server pairings who have no chance of winning. The unlucky servers they get matched against will never climb out of that gutter. So who's it's going to be then? Who's going to step forward to be BG's gimps for the alleged benefit of everyone else? Anybody? Anybody?

It's cutting out the middle man for them, for a certainty, but it's just going to hasten the exodus of every other remaining server's players that much more. If you were out to put a final nail in the coffin for this mode this would probably do it. Kudos.

@OP: ANET couldn't figure out that opening BG for that long was a bad idea. Zero chance they will spend any time on this. I don't even blame BG or the people on it. People want to win easy and going to the bandwagon is the best way to do that. I do blame ANET though IF, and this is a big IF, they want more people to play WvW. They were really dumb if so. People actively trying to tank instead of playing the game is bad all around.

server reset fixes this. kick all off all the servers and have a fixed limit on all servers. it will fill x y z up fine. announce it before hand so players can work together.

this needs to happen regularly. anet will get data on the player activity. and they can average it so they can adjust the population in a simple equation of average players playing x 1.05 every 2 months. they can adjust it up and down the max wvw world population.

the lazy player will whine but those who give effort shine. :3

Seems like the yes and no are quite evenly matched in the poll!

@Doug.4930 said:

@Doug.4930 said:This was evident as the moment BG opened a few weeks ago:

tn1fsem.jpg

We went from 5 full servers to 2 almost overnight.

Also I was wondering, do you mean that the reason why we went from 5 full servers to 2 full when BG opened, was due to many players transferring to BG resulting in a Super full BG and lower pop in other servers?

Are we facing lower pop on a few servers because they mostly transferred to BG, or because players are leaving the game?

It's dumb as most servers aren't tanking to hold back, take CD/SF/DB matchup, SF would've had to work side my side with DB to match the CD/BP links presence in WvW as they were too big for either in prime time, and CD/BP had good OCX giving us a 5v1.Though I did vote yes, as this is a dead game, Anet is completely unwilling to do balance outside of per class scope, and they enjoy childish invuln/evade spam mechanics.WvW has a lot of hackers teleporting "not skill type but 5000 range and across the map" on mount in combat/falling under the map so you can't hit them.I fly kites, and goof mostly in WvW, but many are botting WvW, if you get inside 1500 range and walk away, they will leave guard-less camps "after they killed all guards" time after time doing same rotation mindlessly for hours across the map, if you break 1500 range they go back to walking around flipping camps, letting you start the cycle again.Those servers who hold back, can't hold back much, people want to play, and you can say you want to hold back but it doesn't affect the largest population from playing as they wish so it's not very effective "possibly 20%".Revenants get rewarded for not dodging, and face roll damage as its directly converted to healing when they are not gimped compared to my guardian, they have just as much spike damage, more mobility, and more CC, but the heal is a garbage mechanic.

Mesmer clone spam is combat stealth while clone attacks do too much damage, they have burst damage, and built for sustained fights, you have to bate the crap ton of evade spam/invuln spam, and if they feel they will lose the fight they can blink outta there for days, and retry.

theif/DE needs a 2-3 second timer between stealth, the DE shoots, and stealth while your mid air dodging, so for a DH you can never have a target to throw spear for reveal, but now they removed the unblockable you could try a block but theif will just wait it out "not to mention their ability to leave combat, and counter reveal/marked".

warrior these fuckers got so much cleave/stability, stomping is slower than cleave, and they spam invulns, damage/cc all on a leap, they can get up from downed state to use regular skills and still complain/ask for buffs when guard is using a shit symbol while down.

Mounts/gliding have no place in the WvW game mode.

$20 for an automated server change in 2019 when WvW is the only mode who loses loot for this = failed model, I don't bandwagon, and I don't ally with 1 server in particular, I prefer lower pop servers where roaming/dueling/kite flying is possible, and killing the bots on CD wherever they go, but there's only an option for what server you want to be on, not what server you want to fight each week.

Anet puts everything into single play through generic soap operas, and abandoned WvW, with that many players are abandoning WvW too "for other games", so we're lucky to have what we've got including worst reward system "least sPvP gets black lion keys, and raiders get their legendary armor AP".Raids got the elitist side of GW1, but at least WvW got the salty/troll side. <3

"Muahhahahhaha! We will drop you INTO THE PIT! With Blackgate! Muahhahaha!...." Where they will be gobbled up and destroyed, and thereby quit. A top tier server forced to the very bottom to be used as what? The Executioner? The Punishment? They go up in tier, they may unilaterally be destroyed. That's like saying damned if you do, damned if you don't. "You have LOST, you will now be thrown into the bottomless well known as the Blackgate Well of Dispair….HAHHAHAHAHAHA"

Seriously. Bad idea.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:How about we try a wild idea,

ANET actually delivers on Alliances like promised almost 2 years ago!

Does anyone actually believe that alliances are a thing? Im 99% convinced that anet just spouted some nonsense to keep players from leaving the game. I am yet to be convinced that even to this day that they've ACTUALLY started working on any sort of population restructuring. I mean surely they'd have some kind of draft on how it's gonna work? Maybe they could ask for feedback? It's far more likely that anet have just lied about working on alliances. 2 Years and nothing solid to show for it? I'm not buying it.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Seems like the yes and no are quite evenly matched in the poll!

@Doug.4930 said:This was evident as the moment BG opened a few weeks ago:

tn1fsem.jpg

We went from 5 full servers to 2 almost overnight.

Also I was wondering, do you mean that the reason why we went from 5 full servers to 2 full when BG opened, was due to many players transferring to BG resulting in a Super full BG and lower pop in other servers?

Are we facing lower pop on a few servers because they mostly transferred to BG, or because players are leaving the game?

Most likely both, but yeah when ANET opened the floodgates to allow servers like BG to become so stacked it upset what little balance existed in the mode and since then the server pops have not been anywhere near healthy.Many players will of undoubtedly got fed up of the coverage issues these reasons created on low pop servers and have grown tired of being steamrolled week in week out. Others have just simply drifted as the gamemode's neglect became more and more apparent.

This isn't just an NA issue, tourney server hopping and WvW neglect has had an effect across the whole game mode not just NA and with Alliance still no closer than "we'll be talking about that in the coming months" it's unlikely to get any better. I am not even convinced Alliances will fix these kind of issues anyway.