Remove the jumping puzzle before the Strike Mission boss fight

Tony.8659

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:Change it to an actual Waypoint so people can find it

No kidding. I had no idea it was there. I was opening the map to leave, and saw something weird. Good thing I clicked on it. :)

The whole strike mission is a bit daft. A jumping puzzle and a boss we already fought once. I did the strike mission one time, and certainly not be doing it again. The rest of the new area I am doing on my 3rd character. I love the new zone, but the strike mission is a failure.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:Change it to an actual Waypoint so people can find it

It's a shrine so people can use it infight. A normal waypoint is unusable when someone already pulled the boss.

That's fine but use the Waypoint icon.My first attempt i was told to go to the Waypoint, i couldn't find it. I couldn't find anything on the map that remotely looked like a teleport target. It was faster to just do the puzzle then scan the map looking for it.

Remember these are beginner raids, they need to explain things to beginners.

@Kallist.5917 said:No Ty. IMO, if a player cant control their character well enough to get through a JP, they should really be working on that stuff before moving on to group fights.

Strongly disagree. There are many reasons why someone might not be able to do a jumping puzzle that have no effect on their ability to tap out a rotation.

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:

@Kallist.5917 said:No Ty. IMO, if a player cant control their character well enough to get through a JP, they should really be working on that stuff before moving on to group fights.

Strongly disagree. There are many reasons why someone might not be able to do a jumping puzzle that have no effect on their ability to tap out a rotation.

Sure. If it was something like chalice of Tears, I would agree. But This ones pretty basic. You'd face more of a challenge in many of the dungeons or fractals than you would with this.

@Tony.8659 said:As the title says, this to me is just annoying. That's reason I only did this once, that and the boss is a joke. Anet remove the puzzle but make the boss more difficult to fight. That is my suggestion.

I'd have to agree, JP's should be a choice for those that like that sort of thing.I was kicked my first time through trying to make my way towards the Boss and collecting the chests along the way.I too did not notice the Blue shrine on the mini map, until my second time through.I told the group sorry I can't make the jump's and that I'd be leaving, it was than the kind Commander told me to wait and use the shrine on mini map.

A JP shouldn't be a prerequisite in order to fight a boss. The so called skill required to do a JP has nothing to do with anything else in the game. I've played every form of content the game has all while avoiding JP's.For me at least the lack of depth perception or FOV is off or lacking, and the camera angles do no justice either.There are individuals with possible handicaps that can't perform the Jumps.

@NYG.2568 said:

@Tony.8659 said:As the title says, this to me is just annoying. That's reason I only did this once, that and the boss is a joke. Anet remove the puzzle but make the boss more difficult to fight. That is my suggestion.

I'd have to agree, JP's should be a choice for those that like that sort of thing.I was kicked my first time through trying to make my way towards the Boss and collecting the chests along the way.I too did not notice the Blue shrine on the mini map, until my second time through.I told the group sorry I can't make the jump's and that I'd be leaving, it was than the kind Commander told me to wait and use the shrine on mini map.

You were kicked because you were gathering the chests. Many groups don’t like to wait for this because that can easily be done when someone opens their own instance by themselves. They should have communicated that to you otherwise it’s their own fault to expect it.

A JP shouldn't be a prerequisite in order to fight a boss. The so called skill required to do a JP has nothing to do with anything else in the game. I've played every form of content the game has all while avoiding JP's.For me at least the lack of depth perception or FOV is off or lacking, and the camera angles do no justice either.There are individuals with possible handicaps that can't perform the Jumps.

It’s only a pre-req for at least one person. The rest can simply use the shrine. Better visibility of that shrine should be made in future releases.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

You were kicked because you were gathering the chests. Many groups don’t like to wait for this because that can easily be done when someone opens their own instance by themselves. They should have communicated that to you otherwise it’s their own fault to expect it.I'm pretty sure you were not in that group, so you wouldn't know the reason.The group would have no clue I was collecting the chests as they were already at the Boss. Firstly because I was rolled by the Giant Snow Ball, Secondly I'm not good at jumping in this game for reasons I already mentioned.Also did I not mention where it was my very FIRST time trying the SM, or did you disregard that part....

It’s only a pre-req for at least one person. The rest can simply use the shrine. Better visibility of that shrine should be made in future releases.

Not everyone knows this on their first time through, I'm sure you didn't yourself, until you either figured it out or someone told you.

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:Always with some what cannot be done or easy or annoying. We change it for you next week someone will say I miss the JP and the boss is a PITA to do. B)

I believe it was said somewhere that these SM's were to help introduce players to raid like content. If players can't get past the very first SM, they are less likely to try the newer and more challenging. Just a hunch...