What do you think is a reasonable price for templates?

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Taygus.4571" said:"If a shop wants to sell a loaf of bread for 10 pound, that's their right and you can't call them out for unfair price practices" .

There isn't a problem with that .. there are LOTS of places to buy bread if you didn't like that one. Again, you pretend like this customer/business relationship is somehow flawed after thousands of years of being used ... so what Anet is doing is flawed or unreasonable. That's not the case.

Anyways ... the reasonable price seems to be in the 400-600 gems range.

What happens when a business refuses to learn from past mistakes?

Lots of bad things .. but what is Anet doing here that they haven't done before? Nothing. This isn't the first time we have seen these kinds of features offered in this way. As much as you try, there isn't anything exceptional here. It's VERY standard practice. If what they have done in the past is representative of 'past mistakes' ... then I hope Anet keeps making them, because it works based on thousands of years of business practice and the 7 years this game has been in service.

If you are going to argue that there are all these mistakes made .. then you are going to have to do that in the face of 7 years of Anet developing this game. That's a contradiction you have no explanation for ... other than you are wrong and that the mistakes (however many or severe) aren't as game destroying as you would like us all to believe. An argument based on fearmongering is not going to be more compelling than the history of this game and Anet doing things that work for them.

The worst part is that as much as you spin on about how much you know ... you completely ignore the reality of what is right in front of you. No, there isn't some mistake being made here; this is VERY typical approach for offering this kind of a feature, PERIOD.

Alright, now I see why others avoid conversing with you. You side-step every point made towards you and nitpick in a way that you try to personally attack people. So this will be my last post to you.

I have no idea why you blindly defend a company without reason...However, there is a reason they recently lost 144 employees, and more recently a lot of other devs both new and old. Yes, turnover in general is normal but not like this.

You talk about “this” as a typical approach but the reality is that most other games come with some form of templates built in. They definitely don’t get added in 7 years late behind a triple pay wall - that is not typical.

Your posts are fabricated with YOUR opinion spouted as truth. I never once argued that they shouldn’t make money, I only spoke about how they are making that money.

At no point have you ever tried addressing me on these points. You simply repeat in 100 different ways that businesses make money. Something everyone here is well aware of.

I’m also baffled you hope Anet keeps repeating past mistakes because if they actually do, eventually you’ll be posting here wondering where everyone went. I guess at that point you can make alt accounts and have discussions with yourself or something, idk.

Best of luck to you.

A reasonable price? At most 800 gems for full template flexibility, i.e. unlimited access to trait/skill/gear (loaded from inventory) templates. But to be honest, that stuff should be free, since we already had it for free. They can monetise gear storage and loadouts however they want, I don't care and I don't want them. With the currently announced crap system, they'll not see a single gem from me.

400-800 gems for an extra build slot across all characters is what I'd expect, if they didn't bundle them to make people pay infinitely more (ie. 5 slots for 2000 gems + immortal weapon xD). Any more and you may as well just buy a new character (and enjoy the extra bl keys from ps/ls2).

That said, I don't think trait swapping constitutes a "build slot" since I know most of my classes traits off by heart and don't own legendary sigils/armour, so I won't need many - if any - of these build slots anyway.

For the ability to swap traits and skills: 0 gems.The low amount of available skills and traits just doesn't justify paying for this feature.

For the ability to store additional gear sets: 200 gems.A bag slot costs 400 gems and can easily hold 20 items with a rather cheap bag. A complete gear set consists of 19 items. However due to a lack of underwater content and balancing, underwater equipment should not be considered in this calculation. Also if you use a 2h weapon, you need 1 slot less. Let's say 15 slots on average. Since the gear set is not capable of storing everything, it should be cheaper than general storage.

The total cost of 2 Character build templates and 2 character equipment templates will obviously have to be lower than 800 gems or 99.9% of players will just opt for another character slot. As for the account wide build slots, I guess they can charge a bit more than a character bound slot as shared inventory slots are more expensive than bag slots. But how much more I don’t know. Regardless of the final prices I suspect that the sales figures will be low, and that we will see these going on deep discount before long.

@"Jthug.9506" said:The total cost of 2 Character build templates and 2 character equipment templates will obviously have to be lower than 800 gems or 99.9% of players will just opt for another character slot.The latest "clarification" and "listening to the feedback information says the same thing they were saying during the stream:Build and Equipment Tabs and Build Storage Spaces will be priced in the same range as bank and bag slot expansions.So, basically, expect to pay 400-600 gems. Per unlock, not total.

Post from someone on reddit, not me (as Obtena maybe doesn't understand it):

"We listened to all your feedback and decided to ignore it :)"

Not that I'm surprised at all it was totally obvious that they won't change anything during this short time span, neither the function nor the monetization. Time to get excited if this will pay out for them. Usually I would say it won't but never underestimate flying credit cards.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:For the ability to swap traits and skills: 0 gems.The low amount of available skills and traits just doesn't justify paying for this feature.

For the ability to store additional gear sets: 200 gems.A bag slot costs 400 gems and can easily hold 20 items with a rather cheap bag. A complete gear set consists of 19 items. However due to a lack of underwater content and balancing, underwater equipment should not be considered in this calculation. Also if you use a 2h weapon, you need 1 slot less. Let's say 15 slots on average. Since the gear set is not capable of storing everything, it should be cheaper than general storage.

I completely agree with this. Especially the part about the equipment slots. they wont be capable of holding every type of item (only gear), which is fine, but because of this they shouldn't be the same price as an extra bag slot. Maybe half or slightly over half the price of a bag slot.

People going through the stages of grief in "debating" obtena is honestly prime entertainment on these forums.

Anyway, I don't have much opinion about the exact price of the templates, however I know that if anet is selling them on a per character basis like bag slots I will not be purchasing any.

@"Vinceman.4572" said:Post from someone on reddit, not me (as Obtena maybe doesn't understand it):

"We listened to all your feedback and decided to ignore it :)"I especially loved the part where they tried to muddle the issue on them forbidding delta from continuing to develop Arc templates, by speaking as if nothing changed here at all and everything remains as it always was.

@"Andy.5981" said:Well it doesnt really matter how much WE think the templates should cost, because Anet have decided. The answer is contained within this Dev Post..

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/90719/about-guild-wars-2-templates

"Build and Equipment Tabs and Build Storage Spaces will be priced in the same range as bank and bag slot expansions"

Yeah, that's ridiculously overpriced, IMO. This whole design reeks of "monetization first, functionality second".

400 gems would be peachy. 600 is a lot but I'd grumble a bit but be fine. Anything past that and I'd be pretty upset. I've bought tons of bag expansions over the years. Most alts of mine will be fine with the default 2 builds. Dropping 2-4 purchases for alts I play a lot isn't too bad. And I expect to buy 10+ on my main doesn't seem that unreasonable over time. Though the idea of buying all of that all at once seems pretty steep which is probably why most players are upset.

If it's like 800+ a build template that'd be highway robbery.