what is that deer monster in newest trailer?

JUN YANG.4328

@"JUN YANG.4328" said:did anyone know what is that deer monster in the newest. plz tell that is not "Grenth"is it same old trick? human god vs elder dragon again? by history the dead of god never be the good guy.

Here's some information: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Icebrood_Saga_announcementhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boneskinner

@"Blocki.4931" said:That's the "Boneskinner", a monster that will "haunt" us. It's been talked about on streams (and their big announcement in the theater) and we've seen concept art of it.

as long as not minion of "grenth" i am happy. cause the is green colour and deer face.the colour of the minion represent their boss. like red for balthazar, purple for kralkatorrik. blue for Jormag

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:That's the "Boneskinner", a monster that will "haunt" us. It's been talked about on streams (and their big announcement in the theater) and we've seen concept art of it.

as long as not minion of "grenth" i am happy. cause the is green colour and deer face.the colour of the minion represent their boss. like red for balthazar, purple for kralkatorrik. blue for Jormag

the green/dark minions is probably the hybrids variants from the "jormag absorved zaithan magic" introduced in ls3

@Jimbru.6014 said:For some reason I'm thinking it's similar to a mythological monster from...darn it, can't recall which mythology. Norse or maybe First Nations? Whoever mentioned the Wendigo may be close...

Mostly the tribes around the Great Lakes area talk about Wendigos. Wendigos basically hate everything and are supposed to represent greed as cannibalism is one of the triggers into becoming one (from what I've found). Skinwalker would be another close-ish one that is from the tribes of the American Southwest. That one is basically a shaman or person gone evil by performing a murder of a family member or necrophilia (from what I've found). Supposedly you are almost guaranteed to run into one at Skinwalker Ranch, if anyone wants to plan a road trip.

@"Randulf.7614" said:Given it doesn't really fit the setting, a corrupted Wendigo type creature or a corrupted Spirit of the Wild have both been mooted as possibilities.

Wendigos are a thing in the Guild Wars, though they're classified as a type of minotaur and are said to be corrupted humans twisted into evil spirits. An NPC in GW2 also makes mention of wendigos while telling a joke, but given that we haven't seen any in the game and that she's casually joking about it, it'd be a good guess that between GW1 and GW2, wendigos stopped showing up as frequently (or may even be considered extinct like gargoyles).

If I had to guess, I'd say the Boneskinner is some type of champion belonging to Jormag, maybe made from a Norn shaman twisted into an antlerbeast for the glory of aesthetic evil.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Given it doesn't really fit the setting, a corrupted Wendigo type creature or a corrupted Spirit of the Wild have both been mooted as possibilities.

Wendigos
in the Guild Wars, though they're classified as a type of minotaur and are said to be corrupted humans twisted into evil spirits.
also makes mention of wendigos while telling a joke, but given that we haven't seen any in the game and that she's casually joking about it, it'd be a good guess that between GW1 and GW2, wendigos stopped showing up as frequently (or may even be considered extinct like gargoyles).

If I had to guess, I'd say the Boneskinner is some type of champion belonging to Jormag, maybe made from a Norn shaman twisted into an antlerbeast for the glory of aesthetic evil.

but jormag had her champion or legendary "claw of jormag" plus this creature is green colour. either grenth or Zhaitan or mordremoth . but Zhaitan is yellowly green. and mordremoth's army doesnt have deer head. maybe hybrid.

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Why would it be bad if it's of grenth origin minion or w.e?if is grenth's minion mean same old trick over and over again. human god try to kill eld dragon.

Well I would think any God would want to get the power of a dragon if it could. A god with a dragons power would surely stand above all the other gods right?Maybe Dwayne will come in and stop grenth since he's the son of her. That be cool.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Why would it be bad if it's of grenth origin minion or w.e?if is grenth's minion mean same old trick over and over again. human god try to kill eld dragon.

Well I would think any God would want to get the power of a dragon if it could. A god with a dragons power would surely stand above all the other gods right?Maybe Dwayne will come in and stop grenth since he's the son of her. That be cool.

You guys should read the spoiler text if you click Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to Living World Season 3, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, and Hall of Chains.in this link https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Six_Human_Gods

Most importantly the section above Perspectives of the other races

@JUN YANG.4328 said:dont have much information for what the "Boneskinner" creature is

There won't be much information about it yet because it's a brand new creature being introduced in Whisper in the Dark. In-game we've never encountered it before, so no one knows anything about it and we'll probably find out during the episode.

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

Wendigos
in the Guild Wars, though they're classified as a type of minotaur and are said to be corrupted humans twisted into evil spirits.
also makes mention of wendigos while telling a joke, but given that we haven't seen any in the game and that she's casually joking about it, it'd be a good guess that between GW1 and GW2, wendigos stopped showing up as frequently (or may even be considered extinct like gargoyles).

but jormag had her champion or legendary "claw of jormag" plus this creature is green colour. either grenth or Zhaitan or mordremoth . but Zhaitan is yellowly green. and mordremoth's army doesnt have deer head. maybe hybrid.

All the dragons have more than one champion. As well as the Claws ones we've seen for Jormag include Drakkar, the Nornbear (Svanir) in GW1, and the Icebrood Ogre at the end of A Crack in the Ice, which also had some plant abilities absorbed from Mordremoth, and others I can't remember right now.

Incidentally Dhumm and player necromancers also have black and green colour schemes. I think it's just the colours associated with death magic and not from any specific creature which uses death magic.

@miraude.2107 said:

@"Jimbru.6014" said:For some reason I'm thinking it's similar to a mythological monster from...darn it, can't recall which mythology. Norse or maybe First Nations? Whoever mentioned the Wendigo may be close...

Mostly the tribes around the Great Lakes area talk about Wendigos. Wendigos basically hate everything and are supposed to represent greed as cannibalism is one of the triggers into becoming one (from what I've found). Skinwalker would be another close-ish one that is from the tribes of the American Southwest. That one is basically a shaman or person gone evil by performing a murder of a family member or necrophilia (from what I've found). Supposedly you are almost guaranteed to run into one at Skinwalker Ranch, if anyone wants to plan a road trip.

Skinwalkers are certainly evil, but also fundamentally human, so I don't think that fits the Boneskinner.

The "pop culture" version of the Wendigo seems a close fit. The tribal version (which is arguably more terrifying) not so much.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@JUN YANG.4328 said:dont have much information for what the "Boneskinner" creature is

There won't be much information about it yet because it's a brand new creature being introduced in Whisper in the Dark. In-game we've never encountered it before, so no one knows anything about it and we'll probably find out during the episode.

Wendigos

All the dragons have more than one champion. As well as the Claws ones we've seen for Jormag include Drakkar, the Nornbear (Svanir) in GW1, and the Icebrood Ogre at the end of A Crack in the Ice, which also had some plant abilities absorbed from Mordremoth, and others I can't remember right now.

Incidentally Dhumm and player necromancers also have black and green colour schemes. I think it's just the colours associated with death magic and not from any specific creature which uses death magic.

i agree all dragon will have more than one of champion. but is it their colour will be the close to the dragon? like "claw" is blue , "lupi" is green, shatterer is purple etc.i think the boneskinner is either belongs to zhaitan or grenth. zhaitan's army is risen, well most of case is grenth's pet.

on the other hand necro is represent grenth that's why is green. like the warrior is orange yellow (Balthazar) . Mesmer is purple (Lyssa).

@"JUN YANG.4328" said:did anyone know what is that deer monster in the newest. plz tell that is not "Grenth"is it same old trick? human god vs elder dragon again? by history the dead of god never be the good guy.

If you actually kept up with the story all of the gods LEFT Tyria. They legit have no reason to absorb dragon magic because Kormir and the other gods agreed to the fact that they themselves are too dangerous.

The only one that EVER had interest in the dragons was Balthazar because he is a literal god of conquest. The same god that led the humans to go and conquer the charr lands. Of COURSE a war god would want that power ?

Grenth would have no reason on wanting to expand the underworld because he specifically dethroned and took Dhuum's place who wanted the whole world to experience death and he become chief god. And obviously we have the Dhuum raid to explain the outcome of Dhuum so....

Your assumption literally has no grounds.