GW2 mobile

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Tom Hsiao.9705" said:With the mobile game community growing I was wondering if we are gonna get GW2 mobile???Would be nice to have GW2M... anyone have any info about this?

Thanks

Two questions:

1. Why would you want a purposely cut-down version of the game? Mobile gaming inherently forces simpler mechanics, controls, and game design compared to the existing PC version.
  2. Why would Arenanet want to put the resources required to remake the entire game from ground up for said cut-down version? They were recently down-sized and are already dealing with the perception of having trouble putting out "enough" fulfilling content for the current game.

Thank you, no. Mobile gaming is all about the drug deal. Take the first hit is free. No mobile gaming is for the games that are truly out to get you 50 cent at a time. Its a replacement for the arcade where each game was 25 cents. I can see it as an addendum to the real game, but never as the full game. Any game that dumbs it self down to be mobile should never have any money spent on it.

@Darkwolf.6837 said:

@"Tom Hsiao.9705" said:With the mobile game community growing I was wondering if we are gonna get GW2 mobile???Would be nice to have GW2M... anyone have any info about this?

Thanks

Two questions:
  1. Why would you want a purposely cut-down version of the game? Mobile gaming inherently forces simpler mechanics, controls, and game design compared to the existing PC version.
  2. Why would Arenanet want to put the resources required to remake the entire game from ground up for said cut-down version? They were recently down-sized and are already dealing with the perception of having trouble putting out "enough" fulfilling content for the current game.

I was simply suggesting that since BDO have mobile version available now and also D4 is coming on mobile device perhaps we can have GW3 on APP store (so you don’t have to worry about comparing with existing PC aversion). Hopefully ANet won’t make the same mistake like Riot that refuses to make mobile version until it’s too late. As far as I know nobody is complaining or comparing BDOM with BDO. Making a mobile version of the game simply allows the game to attract more types of players.

As for your questions... Any smart company would know mobile market is where the money is now. Not everyone owns a computer nowadays but everyone have a smart phone. ;) and if they listen to this advice maybe they won’t hav to be downsized. Yes the mobile version may be cut down version of the game but players gets to play the games anywhere they want. Either on the subway on their way home or during their lunch break... etc. Instead of having to wait all day until they’re done with school or work to sit in front of computer to play for few hrs before bed time.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Thank you, no. Mobile gaming is all about the drug deal. Take the first hit is free. No mobile gaming is for the games that are truly out to get you 50 cent at a time. Its a replacement for the arcade where each game was 25 cents. I can see it as an addendum to the real game, but never as the full game. Any game that dumbs it self down to be mobile should never have any money spent on it.

Do you have any idea how much money some of the top FREE games are making? We are talking about billions of dollars so please do some researches man...lol

@Darkwolf.6837 said:

Thanks

Two questions:

The first one is easy to play Joko's advocate for: who would not want to have a way to do their daily gathering/login on holidays without having to tote a laptop with them.

The second is the likely argument against it though.

@Darkwolf.6837 said:

Thanks

Two questions:

Because it would be a totally different game built from the ground up for mobile and would likely only have cross variable interaction between the two games. It wouldn't be a Fortnight kind of cross play game. Keyword wouldn't. Unless it's something like a mini battle game or something.

@zidane.5194 said:I wouldn't mind a mobile version that would allow me to check the TP, Craft, and chat with guildmates while I'm on a break at work. Other than that, I would rather just be home on my computer to do anything else.

If it would also allow me to gather my home/guild instance, this would be an instant seller. I don't always have time to play, but when I do I'd rather focus on the fun stuff, crafting / gathering doesn't really count.

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Thank you, no. Mobile gaming is all about the drug deal. Take the first hit is free. No mobile gaming is for the games that are truly out to get you 50 cent at a time. Its a replacement for the arcade where each game was 25 cents. I can see it as an addendum to the real game, but never as the full game. Any game that dumbs it self down to be mobile should never have any money spent on it.

Do you have any idea how much money some of the top FREE games are making? We are talking about billions of dollars so please do some researches man...lol

Yes, I do, why did you think I would use drug deal in my statement.

Everyone is out to make money, but phone games are worse than most in the category of trying to get free money from consumers, no thanks. I don't take any company that moves to mobile that serious since I know they are in it to make a quick sell and then they are out. As an addendum to a game, maybe, as a game, no.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Everyone is out to make money, but phone games are worse than most in the category of trying to get free money from consumers, no thanks. I don't take any company that moves to mobile that serious since I know they are in it to make a quick sell and then they are out. As an addendum to a game, maybe, as a game, no.

Between GW2 and FGO, I'd say GW2 is the significantly bigger cash grab.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Everyone is out to make money, but phone games are worse than most in the category of trying to get free money from consumers, no thanks. I don't take any company that moves to mobile that serious since I know they are in it to make a quick sell and then they are out. As an addendum to a game, maybe, as a game, no.

Between GW2 and FGO, I'd say GW2 is the significantly bigger cash grab.

FGO?