Guild Wars 3 might be a console title - open job position may indicate to that

Michram.6853

@bluecheeseplate.2753 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:I think it's more likely it would be a single player game set in the Guild Wars universe rather than a new MMORPG, the Guild Wars brand is unknown to console players, it would be good (for the game) to tap into that potential. Of course since it's UE4 it can perfectly run on PCs too. Whatever it is, it shouldn't be GW3, that would be a terrible move.

A SP title with KoTOR/Dragon Age-like gameplay mechanics would make a lot of sense given GW's story always centering around a group of characters. I'd buy it in a hearbeat.

I wouldn't mind that, actually. I think with polishing, GW's lore can make for a compelling enough SP narrative, and plus there's many, many loose ends in GW2's story that could feed into some sort of story drive. Too bad it's probably going to be a long time before we hear any news about this game though.

maybe 2 years until it will have established visuals, still it doesn't even have an Art director. In 3 years it will have gameplay, in 5-6 years it will launch eventually.

So weird Anet posted info about a game so early though, since this project may as well be cut

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Arden.7480 said:maybe 2 years until it will have established visuals, still it doesn't even have an Art director. In 3 years it will have gameplay, in 5-6 years it will launch eventually.

So weird Anet posted info about a game so early though, since this project may as well be cut

I mean, it's not really information meant for stakeholders like us, more of a vague job description. I don't think they even intended for us to find out about this lmao, but good job scoping it out.

@Blocki.4931 said:Nah, not going to happen. It's something completely different. You don't get to build a playerbase and then completely alienate it by porting it to a different system. That's suicide.

Not if it's the same game on both? Like Eso? Or BDO? Heck, a GW2 port to console can expand the player base without alienating pc players....

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Nah, not going to happen. It's something completely different. You don't get to build a playerbase and then completely alienate it by porting it to a different system. That's suicide.

Not if it's the same game on both? Like Eso? Or BDO? Heck, a GW2 port to console can expand the player base without alienating pc players....

They're looking for a coder for the UE4 (unreal 4 engine)

It's definitely not a gw2 port. And it also says 3rd person action game. It sounds like your typical banjo kazooie game for consoles.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@coso.9173 said:can you imagine a dragon age /wicher kind of single player game, with romanceable NPCs and story driven content, set up in the world of guild wars 2? I'd love that

Dragon Age is a hellish boring, i cant even able to finish the stories without fall into sleep.

Personal tastes aside,it did won goty award so people in general like it. Same as in Witcher 3.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Have to repost, because the video in my previous thread was in German. So, here is solely the link this time:https://boards.greenhouse.io/arenanet/jobs/2014609

Looks like resources are being coordinated elsewhere again.

As we said in your previous thread, this is not new information and the vacancy has been up for some time and been discussed on these boards to death over the past couple of months. They have also been advertising for something requiring "console experience" in various forms for years. This is not "being coordinated elsewhere again", it's just a continuation of whatever projects are still running in the background and have been for some time.

Please, there are plenty of threads on this including one larger one on the Art Director vacancy and a few others others on the vacancy plus the larger one on the overall console game speculation.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Have to repost, because the video in my previous thread was in German. So, here is solely the link this time:

As we said in your previous thread, this is not new information and the vacancy has been up for some time and been discussed on these boards to death over the past couple of months. They have also been advertising for something requiring "console experience" in various forms for years. This is not "being coordinated elsewhere again", it's just a continuation of whatever projects are still running in the background and have been for some time.

But mah doom and gloom!

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Have to repost, because the video in my previous thread was in German. So, here is solely the link this time:

But mah doom and gloom!

Only new and original doom and gloom is accepted ;)

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Have to repost, because the video in my previous thread was in German. So, here is solely the link this time:https://boards.greenhouse.io/arenanet/jobs/2014609

Do you realize GW2 will not last forever? Do you realize that Anet needs to produce more than just GW2 in order for them to exist as a company in the future? Like what is your problem here with this stuff?

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

At least it's not for mobile and yes, I have a phone.

The mobile market is booming. We would be lucky to have Anet produce a higher performing mobile game bc that would mean GW2 would also benefit from the increased resources.