Open world Legendary armor collections [SUGGESTION]

Zehs.4037

@Raknar.4735 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:Not really true. It's only the Open World players that are asking for whatever PVP, WVW or Raids get. From the very old Gift of Battle, to the Legendary Back piece (before it was added to Fractals), to Legendary Armor from Raids. The thing is, if Arenanet decided to act on that, they'd have to give those other three everything available in the Open World, which is the vast majority of the rewards, they'd spent the next 5 years without implementing a single reward for the Open World, as they'd be busy giving the others what they've been missing the last 7 years.

Heck even as far back as the Ascended Rings that were added into Fractals caused Open World players to ask (or rather beg) for them to be available in the Open World too. It's something as old as the game itself

Raiders do the same:

Also PvP players and WvW players were asking about Legendary Armor a lot before they received it.

Yes Raiders do the same, when discussing -future- Raid rewards, after all next Raids will require something "new". No PVP player ever asked for Legendary Armor because it's pointless to them, WVW players asked for Legendary Armor because the ability to swap stats is the most useful in WVW. But the forums are flooded by Open World crowd begging for what the other "modes" got, the moment they get it. I even gave you examples of it. Compare that to the amount of requests for PVP, WVW or Raids/Fractals and you can tell the gigantic difference.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Meanwhile, 2 legendary trinkets are open world plus living world exclusives. One can only remember the angry forum posts about how long and tedious the various collections are. Oh boy, it will be a delight if Anet implements OW leggy armors that way

Exactly. Its the kind of earning which would be fine for OW armor. Those trinkets was the most time consuming way which required playing content to get legendary anything. And you only get ONE. PvP and WvW do only one thing (be active) and they stumble into whole sets of legendary armor.

@Funky.4861 said:The thing is, legendary armour is based on overcoming difficulty with skill/determination, not on game mode, or the popularity of said game mode; those arguments are not valid. Seeing as raids and fracs are the highest level of difficulty in pve, that's where you find the legendary armour; it doesn't matter a whit whether they are instanced or not. WvW behaves like an instance, because whenever i log out i don't log back in to a wvw map, but to the pvp lobby or whatever pve map i was on beforehand. Locking oneself out of instanced content also means locking oneself out of its rewards.

Ever since both WvW and PvP each got a legendary armor set, which you can idle into getting WvW leg armor, any argument against Raids and OW and Fractals getting each their own are thrown out the window. At least Fractals should get a set.

NOPE. Not because I don't want to, but because it just can't be.Here's why - The privilege to create legendaries are "tied-in" with real money purchases.

CORE - Gen 1 Weapons (Now F2P)HoT - Gen 2 Weapons and ArmorLS3 - AuroraPoF - Gen 2 Weapons, Armor and Coalescence (HoT now bundled with PoF when purchased)LS4 - Vision

For a veteran that has everything unlocked, they look free to make. For a new player, they have to buy those to be able to make them.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:Not really true. It's only the Open World players that are asking for whatever PVP, WVW or Raids get. From the very old Gift of Battle, to the Legendary Back piece (before it was added to Fractals), to Legendary Armor from Raids. The thing is, if Arenanet decided to act on that, they'd have to give those other three everything available in the Open World, which is the vast majority of the rewards, they'd spent the next 5 years without implementing a single reward for the Open World, as they'd be busy giving the others what they've been missing the last 7 years.

Heck even as far back as the Ascended Rings that were added into Fractals caused Open World players to ask (or rather beg) for them to be available in the Open World too. It's something as old as the game itself

Raiders do the same:

Also PvP players and WvW players were asking about Legendary Armor a lot before they received it.

Yes Raiders do the same, when discussing -future- Raid rewards, after all next Raids will require something "new". No PVP player ever asked for Legendary Armor because it's pointless to them, WVW players asked for Legendary Armor because the ability to swap stats is the most useful in WVW. But the forums are flooded by Open World crowd begging for what the other "modes" got, the moment they get it. I even gave you examples of it. Compare that to the amount of requests for PVP, WVW or Raids/Fractals and you can tell the gigantic difference.

So much for "only OW Players are asking..." .Well, every reward is a -future- reward. OW Leg armor would be a -future- OW reward. A lot of PvP players asked about rewards also usable in PvE in the past, including Leg armor. Of course the most requests are for OW, it's after all the biggest crowd. Like I said, it's not only the OW crowd requesting things as soon as they are released, every gamemode-crowd does that. Your examples, the request for Gift of Battle, Back piece and Leg armor are also found in other gamemodes, not only OW.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Funky.4861 said:The thing is, legendary armour is based on overcoming difficulty with skill/determination, not on game mode, or the popularity of said game mode; those arguments are not valid. Seeing as raids and fracs are the highest level of difficulty in pve, that's where you find the legendary armour; it doesn't matter a whit whether they are instanced or not. WvW behaves like an instance, because whenever i log out i don't log back in to a wvw map, but to the pvp lobby or whatever pve map i was on beforehand. Locking oneself out of instanced content also means locking oneself out of its rewards.

Ever since both WvW and PvP each got a legendary armor set, which you can idle into getting WvW leg armor, any argument against Raids and OW and Fractals getting each their own are thrown out the window. At least Fractals should get a set.

Since it is so easy to get pvp/wvw armor (by idling or by just... Participation), why do we need OW leggy armor? Just idle away, get rewards, make armor, win. Or is this too hard, too?

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Since it is so easy to get pvp/wvw armor (by idling or by just... Participation), why do we need OW leggy armor? Just idle away, get rewards, make armor, win. Or is this too hard, too?

Players play the gamemodes which are fun to them. Idling around isn't fun. They'd rather work for it in their favourite gamemode.

The discussion is moot. Would it be acceptable to provide a legendary open world armor? Absolutely. Do they have the man power & time and its development on a high priority? Nope, they don't. We all know the direction of the next months, even had an announcement what is coming and we all can see that such content is far away from handing out or even designing another legendary armor. I doubt that we'll get one ever.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

And how many years of idling would it take to get lege wvw armour? Should i just leave my pc on all day when i go to work whilst i run into a wall at spawn point with a direction key taped down?

That would actually be nice. It doesn't even have to be a fancy skin.Not perfect but I agree with the idea in general.So far I have no incentive whatsoever to complete a difficult armor collection if I have no intention of using it on one of my characters.

I really don't like the random drops part tho... Hate it in fact.You can make it time consuming but get rid of the RNG. That's just a source of frustration and you have no clue when you might be done with something.

@Funky.4861 said:

And how many years of idling would it take to get lege wvw armour? Should i just leave my pc on all day when i go to work whilst i run into a wall at spawn point with a direction key taped down?

Spend one day a week to get max pips (365 Claim tickets), watching movies or multi-tasking, and get on average one legendary armor piece per month. Takes about as much maintenance as a mobile game of making sure you get the bare minimum participation and get onto a map with the outnumbered bonus.

They handed PvP and WvW legendary armor to the players that enjoy that content without having to do anything more than what they were already doing. Especially compared to the effort raiders have to go through to earn theirs.

PvE players want to earn legendary armor in the content they enjoy playing, which would likely require effort beyond the participation routine WvWers were already doing.

@Eloc Freidon.5692: you're telling me that i can get 365 pips in one day? How much time would that be, because i don't have 12 hours in one day to wvw, and tbh even 6 hours is far too boring for me in this chasing-my-tail game mode. Last time i did a bit of wvw i got 3 pips; i think the most pips i've ever gotten was 10. If you're suggesting that i invest more into it (using my servers' discord channel, using meta wvw builds and classes just to get a chance at zerging) then i can pre-emptively reply that it's very unlikely to happen.

@Funky.4861 said:@Eloc Freidon.5692: you're telling me that i can get 365 pips in one day? How much time would that be, because i don't have 12 hours in one day to wvw, and tbh even 6 hours is far too boring for me in this chasing-my-tail game mode. Last time i did a bit of wvw i got 3 pips; i think the most pips i've ever gotten was 10. If you're suggesting that i invest more into it (using my servers' discord channel, using meta wvw builds and classes just to get a chance at zerging) then i can pre-emptively reply that it's very unlikely to happen.

Depends on a lot of things but a newish player can probably do it in under 20 hours. It'll take considerably less time if you can maintain the outnumbered buff. You also don't really need to participate much in WvW as you can just cap a camp every 8 minutes or repair something that's contested every 15 min.

20 hours is basically my whole week's worth of playtime. So what is being suggested is not idling in wvw, but spending your life actively upkeeping participation. If that's what it takes to get 365 tickets every week and i have to do that for 6 months with no breaks then i need to give up pve and become a wvw'er- that's not what i would call 'idling'.

@mindcircus.1506 said:The fact that supporters of this idea try to tell you that OW and raids aren't part of the same game mode should give you a clear idea of it's value.

This is just another thread of people looking for the top rewards from PvE (Legendary Armor) without doing it's hardest content (raids).

What I don't understand is why the raiders continue to complain they have no content when so much PvE content is released. If ANet can keep the promises with a LS episode every 2 months, and if they have the time to add some other QoL updates from time to time, then adding raids is useless. Because raids & OW are PvE. Or not?

@Cristalyan.5728 Raids are regarded as pve endgame, along with fractals. The 'issue' is that there is a dearth of challenging content in OW because people will come to help you if they are nearby, or just opportunistically join in the kill for the rewards. Perhaps the real issue is that some classes reduce the challenge via their abilities/traits etc...

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:The fact that supporters of this idea try to tell you that OW and raids aren't part of the same game mode should give you a clear idea of it's value.

This is just another thread of people looking for the top rewards from PvE (Legendary Armor) without doing it's hardest content (raids).

What I don't understand is why the raiders continue to complain they have no content when so much PvE content is released. If ANet can keep the promises with a LS episode every 2 months, and if they have the time to add some other QoL updates from time to time, then adding raids is useless. Because raids & OW are PvE. Or not?

As someone who does not raid I will not speak for an entire group of people I am not part of.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

Wait, you don't understand the difference between players wanting certain rewards versus certain content?

Wanting legendary armor in open world pve is demanding different rewards for the same content.

Wanting more fractals/raids is demanding more content.

Rewards =/= content....

I dont consider raids the same as open world, in terms of playerbase, playstyle, focus and other stuff my brain is too lazy to think of on this Friday

I already have legendary armour, so I am not for nor against having legendary armour in OW. I just dont think they are the same at all.

And for all you people dissing OW, actually OW bosses and living story bosses have seen complaints in how difficult they are. So yea its not completely braindead nor easier than other modes. Map metas regularly fail outside of NA timezones.

Legendary armor has that "oh shit this mofo is hardcore and earned that shit." Your way is more like "im lazy and dont want to learn or put in the time to get better to get something i want." Stick to the gem store, they have better looking armor for your kind of play. This kind of thinking that everyone deserves everything is bs and is what made this game shit in the end. So much potential wasted. Good luck surviving 2020.

@Roxanne.6140 said:

And for all you people dissing OW, actually OW bosses and living story bosses have seen complaints in how difficult they are. So yea its not completely braindead nor easier than other modes. Map metas regularly fail outside of NA timezones.

That's really more of an indictment on the people complaining than it is an indicator of difficulty in that content.