"gg" function in WvW? What is your opinion?

Melona.9217

@"Melona.9217" said:Hello everyone,

I was wonderong if you would like to be able to use, in WvW, the auto-death function known as "/resign" which is currently available in raids & fractals.Wiki link: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chat_command

Feel free to argue.Have a good day :)

This would just be another tool for the cowards. The last ones I encountered jumped me 4v1 (not a problem I enjoy outnumbered fights), and I had to kite them near hills on a borderlands map. After killing 2 of them, the other two ran and suicided. I can see people doing /GG if they get unmounted, pick an engagement realize it's not working out then break combat and /GG. It's just overall bad. Keep that for PvE where it's actually useful. I think anyone who voted yes for this within this PvP environment is a coward too.

No. This would make it easier for players to indefinitely contest objectives. A lot of the time when fighting in a camp or tower near the enemy spawn I leave enemies bleeding out instead of killing them to delay their ability to return to the fight.

If these players could GG, that would be bad for me.

Yes for lowering toxicity and ganking, improving the gameplay in wvw for newcomers and especially ,a way to fix spots where u r in combat and stuck.

Those happen pretty often and the only way to fix is to log out the character, go back in and be dead in pve somewhere. Very fun especially on full maps

@"Virdo.1540" said:Yes for lowering toxicity and ganking, improving the gameplay in wvw for newcomers and especially ,a way to fix spots where u r in combat and stuck.

Those happen pretty often and the only way to fix is to log out the character, go back in and be dead in pve somewhere. Very fun especially on full maps

Can you explain how being able to instantly kill yourself lowers toxicity? Also how it improves gameplay in any way? In fact it seems like the complete cessation of any gameplay.

The only valid point is it would be useful when you get stuck in a wall but that happens maybe once in a blue moon and you are saying it happens "pretty often".

@SWI.4127 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:Yes for lowering toxicity and ganking, improving the gameplay in wvw for newcomers and especially ,a way to fix spots where u r in combat and stuck.

Can you explain how being able to instantly kill yourself lowers toxicity? Also how it improves gameplay in any way? In fact it seems like the complete cessation of any gameplay.

The only valid point is it would be useful when you get stuck in a wall but that happens maybe once in a blue moon and you are saying it happens "pretty often".

No stupid jumping on downed players, no emotes until they bleed out, no bleed-out at all, not having to look at how much siege stupid ppl throw

U know this is a huge turn-off for many newer players. And yes , pretty often is for me at least once every 2weeks, but im mainly playing on desert, so i guess its normal.

Ok fair point, I forgot people actually do that. I personally don't even pay much attention to it but I guess a new player might get upset. Are that many people really jumping on low-rank players? I mostly just feel bad when I kill them lol.

Yes, because it's a waste of time when enemies take forever to finish you off. I would suggest only having it when you are downed or stuck. In PvP, it is a strategy to let players bleed out, however, this is much less valid for wvw.

Of course, rallying and ppt from stomp would be an issue. I don't mind removing them both though, lol.

@Sovereign.1093 said:Yes for stuck situations. I.e. in wall etc.

I got stuck in the supply depot the other day. I was standing on it waiting for supply to spawn and the boxes clipped me into them when they appeared. Crappy part is I only needed 9 supply so I couldn't remove the boxes. People swung by about a minute later and set me free, but still, amusing.

I'm not against a 'gg' function, its less rage-quity than alt+f4'ing.

~ Kovu

just no. in stuck situations, even in glitched ones, u can always tp back to next waypoint. if you get killed too slow, that can be tactic too.

i'd be kinda fine with that, if it gives every enemy player around you in specific radius and those that touched your before extra loot if you /gg out.

and maybe gives some respawn delay like spvp has, like if you die too often within a specific time, get 5sec respawndelay etc.

Don't want to wait something out or get stuck? Alt-F4. No need for anything else, it rewards the person you were fighting as a win, and you have to log back in and start over and if you are stuck in a wall or the ground, it doesn't matter if you are in combat or not, it will get you out. I mean, the function you are talking about is just an Alt-F4 that doesn't have the punishment of restarting the game to get back in is all it does.

@"Junkpile.7439" said:GG could end whole match. That would be good.

I can see all scared little kittens that missed their teleport because they got dismounted or put infight otherwise "gg" so they don't have to fight.Classes have WAY too much mobility already. This just adds another layer to "escaping" a fight when everything else failed.

@Mauzi.5892 said:

@"Junkpile.7439" said:GG could end whole match. That would be good.

I can see all scared little kittens that missed their teleport because they got dismounted or put infight otherwise "gg" so they don't have to fight.Classes have WAY too much mobility already. This just adds another layer to "escaping" a fight when everything else failed.

I don't care either way, but I'm not sure why you're trying to pretend that a player that runs, tries to tp away and would literally rather "use /gg after being pulled off the mount than actually participate in a fight" would give you any kind of meaningful pvp experience. If someone would try to '/gg', it already means he would give no resistance whatsoever, at which point... It makes no difference unless someone wants to feed their ego by holding 1 to kill someone unwilling to fight back.

That said, I still don't see why anyone would need to /gg in wvw.

• Confused 1