Vermilion Tail Feather!

cher.8693

I LOVE this skin and hope ANet makes more like it for other weapons. I get the draw of Legendaries, and the effects, sounds, and footfalls are awesome, but I made my first and probably only Leg last year and hated it. Hated the process, the time, the cost, and the final result -- no one's fault but my own, of course; it's just not for me, and I fully recognize that many people love the challenge and that's great.

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:I LOVE this skin and hope ANet makes more like it for other weapons. I get the draw of Legendaries, and the effects, sounds, and footfalls are awesome, but I made my first and probably only Leg last year and hated it. Hated the process, the time, the cost, and the final result -- no one's fault but my own, of course; it's just not for me, and I fully recognize that many people love the challenge and that's great.

Imagine now that instead of the skin you crafted last year, you got this one. I bet you would have been a bit more happy.

Definitly this skin surpass rogdort and gen2 legendary torch by far, and that is not how Black lion should works. Anet should keep some intensive for legendary.... (if there was not the drawing effect i woudnt mind, because thé skin is still amazing)

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@"Smoosh.2718" said:Now.. rework the legedary torch Rodgort to create a dragon around you that bursts into flames, provide a better flame aura up the arm that looks like an inferno.

I 100% support this. But it should be part dragon, part man with a beefy arm. It should be a dragon man.... Or maybe he was just was just a dragon. But he was still Rodgort!!!! :sunglasses:

To be fair if they rework the skin to previde thick dragon scales going up the arm, or something substantial that makes the weapon stand out. I made the weapon and can not find any reason to like or love the weapon with its lack luster appearance. The weapon has a real chance of being epic, if it just did something more than it currently does.

But I do hope they do not make any effects on what the weapon was based on:8Ia07Zv.jpgYes... that is Rodgort or Trogdor

@Raknar.4735 said:

@Memoranda.9386 said:22 keys and not even an uncommon #RIP my gold. That's the price you pay, and risk you take, though. Hahah. This is a great skin, and it sucks that's it's only in the BLTC chests. Would've spent real monies to insta-buy this instead of converting gold -> gems.

P.S. accepting key donations

Sooner or later it will appear for 60 black lion statuettes, so by doing some key runs here and there you're guaranteed to get it, if you really want it.Just a little tip to reduce the gambling to a minimum next time, if you weren't already aware of the statuette vendor!

which in itself is overpriced, one single skin for the price of a few outfits and a full armor skin.....

@sorudo.9054 said:

@Memoranda.9386 said:22 keys and not even an uncommon #RIP my gold. That's the price you pay, and risk you take, though. Hahah. This is a great skin, and it sucks that's it's only in the BLTC chests. Would've spent real monies to insta-buy this instead of converting gold -> gems.

Sooner or later it will appear for 60 black lion statuettes, so by doing some key runs here and there you're guaranteed to get it, if you really want it.Just a little tip to reduce the gambling to a minimum next time, if you weren't already aware of the statuette vendor!

which in itself is overpriced, one single skin for the price of a few outfits and a full armor skin.....

Overpriced for some, reasonable priced for others willing to get the skin for the current price.Since Anet has been continuing putting those exclusive skins into the BLTC it seems to work out for them.

@Diamant Brut.4208 said:

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:I LOVE this skin and hope ANet makes more like it for other weapons. I get the draw of Legendaries, and the effects, sounds, and footfalls are awesome, but I made my first and probably only Leg last year and hated it. Hated the process, the time, the cost, and the final result -- no one's fault but my own, of course; it's just not for me, and I fully recognize that many people love the challenge and that's great.

Imagine now that instead of the skin you crafted last year, you got this one. I bet you would have been a bit more happy.

Definitly this skin surpass rogdort and gen2 legendary torch by far, and that is not how Black lion should works. Anet should keep some intensive for legendary.... (if there was not the drawing effect i woudnt mind, because thé skin is still amazing)

Why tho? Why can’t we have both? I myself love that I don’t have to craft something and I can easily just buy it. Not everyone will have a legendary because they’re time consuming/challenging to obtain for those who don’t have the time or patience . Same for black lion skins, not everyone will have them because they are rng. Nothing is wrong with having different alternatives for different type of gamers.

@GummyBearSummoner.7941 said:

Why tho? Why can’t we have both? I myself love that I don’t have to craft something and I can easily just buy it. Not everyone will have a legendary because they’re time consuming/challenging to obtain for those who don’t have the time or patience . Same for black lion skins, not everyone will have them because they are rng. Nothing is wrong with having different alternatives for different type of gamers.

There is however a very good argument that says legendaries - which require a lot of time and effort - should not be surpassed by lockbox skins/gemstore skins which aren't comparable in time and effort. I can perhaps just about agree with them being on par at their best, but never surpass them. In this instance, the skin surpasses both torch skins quite dramatically.

I appreciate that some legendaries can be bough off the TP, but that should never have been allowed imo

Given the pressure on the industry to turn the tide against lockboxes, it is also notable Anet seems to standing a long way over the other side of that line

At this stage, Anet should be taking careful note of the feedback for future skins and in the shorter term making improvements to the legendary torches to bring them up to scratch

@Randulf.7614 said:

There is however a very good argument that says legendaries - which require a lot of time and effort - should not be surpassed by lockbox skins/gemstore skins which aren't comparable in time and effort. I can perhaps just about agree with them being on par at their best, but never surpass them. In this instance, the skin surpasses both torch skins quite dramatically.

I appreciate that some legendaries can be bough off the TP, but that should never have been allowed imo

Given the pressure on the industry to turn the tide against lockboxes, it is also notable Anet seems to standing a long way over the other side of that line

At this stage, Anet should be taking careful note of the feedback for future skins and in the shorter term making improvements to the legendary torches to bring them up to scratch

I agree that legendary weapons shouldn’t be on tp. Gives it more value/satisfaction when completing them. So I hope for the future they continue with not adding them via trading post.

I don’t have a legendary so I’m not too sure but I thought a while back they added some more effects/improvements to the first set of legendary already? So aren’t they already doing so?

@GummyBearSummoner.7941 said:

I agree that legendary weapons shouldn’t be on tp. Gives it more value/satisfaction when completing them. So I hope for the future they continue with not adding them via trading post.

I don’t have a legendary so I’m not too sure but I thought a while back they added some more effects/improvements to the first set of legendary already? So aren’t they already doing so?

Some of them got upgrades, some of them did not or did not get anything significant. It's a balancing act because on the one hand players will object to their hard earned weapons being changed (like how they partially messed up The Moot) yet others will be rightfully annoyed that all that effort is superceded by far better skins in terms of visuals via gambling boxes and showing that Anet's priority is less about in game goals.

I'm not against gem shop skins in principle, but plenty of us earned legendaries the hard way and it isn't really right they should be worse than shop bought skins. Plus if this continues to be the direction, it might put any further legendary weapons to bed as they continue to focus on the more controversial lootbox method for decent skins. And that is a sad direction for the game to keep going in.

@Sznurek.8791 said:And I think it's personally too much.Why would I farm legendary if I can get a more epic looking skin with more animations on bltc for money.

Because the legendaries are stat selectable WEAPONS, not just a skin.They have an arm skin effect, draw/stow effects, footfalls and they change some skills effects (Projectiles, etc )

Can't compare them. But I ahve to agree that the torch effect is really really nice.

@Raknar.4735 said:

Overpriced for some, reasonable priced for others willing to get the skin for the current price.Since Anet has been continuing putting those exclusive skins into the BLTC it seems to work out for them.

60X125=7500GEMsyou must be really out of your frikin mind if you don't call that overpriced.....

@sorudo.9054 said:

60X125=7500GEMsyou must be really out of your frikin mind if you don't call that overpriced.....

If there are people willing to buy it, it isn't overpriced. You're just not the target audience for those skins.

@Raknar.4735 said:

If there are people willing to buy it, it isn't overpriced. You're just not the target audience for those skins.

bun in the end, no one is.making something that overpriced means only a select few can get them and to sell well enough it needs a reasonable price so the majority can buy them, it used to be 30 statuettes till they got greedy.you can't get revenue with an over the top price, only a balanced price can achieve that.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@"Memoranda.9386" said:22 keys and not even an uncommon #RIP my gold. That's the price you pay, and risk you take, though. Hahah. This is a great skin, and it sucks that's it's only in the BLTC chests. Would've spent real monies to insta-buy this instead of converting gold -> gems.

bun in the end, no one is.making something that overpriced means only a select few can get them and to sell well enough it needs a reasonable price so the majority can buy them, it used to be 30 statuettes till they got greedy.you can't get revenue with an over the top price, only a balanced price can achieve that.

Anet has the stats. They would have changed the model if it didn't work. There are people buying it.

The BLTC exclusive skins were never 30 statuettes afaik (correct me if I'm wrong).

You can get revenue with "over the top" prices, just check games with a similiar shop, like PoE, ESO, LoL prestige skins etc.

@sorudo.9054 said:

I can't remember BLC drops with 30 statuettes, only skins that you get directly with gems. I think drops where always 60. Can you give an example of 30 statuettes weapon skin drop?

@sorudo.9054 said:

@"Memoranda.9386" said:22 keys and not even an uncommon #RIP my gold. That's the price you pay, and risk you take, though. Hahah. This is a great skin, and it sucks that's it's only in the BLTC chests. Would've spent real monies to insta-buy this instead of converting gold -> gems.

Unfortunately exploiting a few gambling addicts is going to make more money than a reasonable direct buy option many could enjoy.

I'm sure there are more than a few unlucky gambling addicts going "alright, one more" until they spend hundreds to get these gambling only skins, raking in more than any direct buy option would.Customer satisfaction isn't part of the equation when it comes to putting items exclusively behind gambling.

The statuette alternative isn't that much better (aside from having to wait for it), as with only one guaranteed Statuette drop per chest, that could take 14 months of keyruns every week to afford a single skin like that for those who refuse to spend money on gambling items, or still cost about 100€/$, which ironically is significantly more than it costs to buy the actual legendary Torch directly off the TP by converting Gems into Gold.

Most egregiously though the "free" weekly key and Statuette system still sends people though that very same gambling system to get those losers tokens to then maybe buy the desired items, exposing potential addicts to significant temptation by giving them that limited free hit, which they then may go well beyond should they not get the desired item, once engaged in the activity.