Would you rather be your character?

I agree with Nymeria. I don't put me in the game, I write characters that fit the setting. And many of them aren't living lives I'd want.

My since-launch main is Donari. He's -- well, first of all he's a he and I'm solidly not a he nor interested in being one. On top of that he's got a massive ego, very alpha male in a non-aggressive way (he just steals the limelight, consummate showman and showoff that he is). And he's got a flexible sense of property; he won't wreck someone's life with a con but he's fine with tricking people out of their funds, which I am not. I have others that have anger issues, or have been forced out of their comfortable lives to face danger and deprivation, or have family problems, or dishonorably flunked out of the Seraph, or have suffered at the Nightmare Court's hands ... etc.

I suppose if I had to be one of my characters, it'd be the one currently getting the most RP, Jin. She's just a nice person, lots of common sense, very people oriented, very helpful and kind, with loving parents. And she uses her necromancy in practical ways like not suffering from menstrual ills. But she does have a very weak back that has nearly crippled her at times (it's better now thanks to a gift of some guardian magic from her guild leader). And of course she lives in Tyria, under constant threat of disaster, without comfy climate controlled housing, and has found herself in combat situations on a regular basis thanks to that same guild's contracting out to help face the various threats.

So nope. No thanks. I'm used to not being pretty, I'm fine with eventual wrinkles and the middle-aged precursors of them. Not needing toilets would be a plus, sure, as would not having my body slowwwwly fail me in more and more ways, but overall I think I live in far more comfort and safety than even the most well off of my characters.

(PS Sidenote to the having breasts queries above -- I spent most of my life super flat-chested. Now with middle aged spread I actually have a small amount of chest, at the cost of having more belly and hips than I want. So I can somewhat answer it: It's not anything special, doesn't feel any different, my nerves still think I'm slim in terms of where I think my body edges are. The only change is that the underside is new surface area and when it rests on something (a shelf, my belly if I curl forward, whatever) it feels like something's touching me at an angle my mental map says shouldn't happen. Weird, huh?)

i would be one, probably my mesmer. but only if i then stay in central tyria though. i would be strong enough to beat all threats without dying myself or taking many hits and i have the nicest place in central tyria to live in.

on the other hand i have no idea how much tyria is developed in hygienic standards ... the food is good as my mesmer is a cook but what about the aftermath?

i do see a serious issue though: i want to be able to use my hands for climbing and not just my feet, tyrians seem to not know how to do this ...

@anninke.7469 said:

@anninke.7469 said:Hell no. All the wrinkles in the world are nowhere near as bad as what my toons go through (often caused by me). :D

Edit: What if you had to switch with one of them? Would you still want to?

Yes, I'd love to be in a world of magic and fantasy. Plus, I can never die -- people could just "revive" me. xD

But it still hurts.

Not if I cast, "Wash the Pain Away."

And yes, I'm with the op. As long as I can bring my kitties to live with me. They'll get their own house in the salma district while I work on rebuilding Arah, exploring the globe, or conversing about the inner-workings of the universe with Aurene.

Of course, I'd hope I'd be able to be any profession though and change at will though. I'd hate to have to choose between Ele and Mesmer. Rev could be interesting until I'm waking up in the middle of the night to Glint's angry goat roar.

Nah, I'm good. She's a bit too serious for my liking, and rather manipulative and gets everyone to give her stuff and do what she wants them to do, and is otherwise kind of a jerk. Even makes everyone call her "commander" at that! Has all that expensive equipment while being homeless too? Too high maintenance.

Great bod though. Especially those loooong legs, but way too many cons otherwise. Also she never showers and hangs around animals, or "mounts", all day. Can only imagine what that smells like. Not a fan.

I wouldn't want to have to live in Tyria. Way too much war everywhere for my liking. And you can't even go for a nice walk in Shaemoor or on a vacation without putting your life in serious danger as a normal person. Every town and village can be attacked by something at any time. Plus, there seems to be some major problem with some elder dragons that could possibly just end the world if handled wrong by the people responsible - who apparently don't really know what they are doing.

As for my main, specifically: Would hate not having any family and having my close friends die all the time. Also, necromancy... Maybe one of my rangers would be a better choice. ^^ Still the friends and family issue, though.

Sure, why not? I love the idea of getting to go into a world of magic and fantasy honestly. Now would I be my main PvE character, the commander of the pact? Haha...no. But would I love to be one of my sassy little asuras blinking around the map and messing with people as a mesmer or studying the magic of the elder dragons corruption as Bwiff my healing tempest? Absolutely. I don't wanna be on the frontlines fighting an elder dragon mind you but I think I could carve out a happy life in Tyria and enjoy my time there.

Nope.When I make a character, it's like writing a story--that character is their own person. I like being me, I don't want to be anyone else. And while I definitely daydream about having superpowers or magic, I also like the world and life I live in--I don't want another one.Besides, as storytelling goes, I love ANGST and GRIMDARK and SUFFERING.... and while it's great fun to write angsty backstories for my characters, I'd prefer not to experience those things myself x)