I guess the community events got cut.

Well it appears that the community events mentioned in the q2 are not happening because they are not mentioned in the q3 roadmap. Rip world boss and meta events event.

"We’re planning to bring back some of the bonus PvE events we ran in 2019 and introduce a new one as well." - These events appear to have been cut

Edit: Adding quote for the Cut content from the q2 roadmap.

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Yes, they are in the same pile in the corner together with WVW alliances and regular balance patches.

"Pile"? You assume that they still have them stacked up in a corner of a room some where. I think they just dumped it all in a trash can and set fire to it all.

Look, the table is a very difficult to grasp concept. The table is infinitely large. Yet only a limited amount of things can fit onto it. While nothing is ever really off the table, there are things that are just not dead center on it for everyone to see. The table is a marvelous wonder to behold indeed.

@lokh.2695 said:Look, the table is a very difficult to grasp concept. The table is infinitely large. Yet only a limited amount of things can fit onto it. While nothing is ever really off the table, there are things that are just not dead center on it for everyone to see. The table is a marvelous wonder to behold indeed.

We all know it’s a table like in the movie The Platform.

WvW is just below the bottom floor.

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:Wait. Is there a WvW alliance or balance patch or community events pile somewhere? I think those were rumors :astonished:Not rumours. Myths! Older than the six gods.

No, they actually took the place of Balthazaar when the commander killed him. Obviously they will be the antagonist in the new expansion where the commander will end them once and for all ?

I miss the events. I foynd them an enjoyable waybto get me to do something I nornally wouldnt do because the rewards were not worth it on their own.

They cause excitement and variety in my gameplay. I really want the boss battle one back so i can get the wings.

Not only that but ArenaNet are masters at shutting down inconvenient discussions by distracting.Suddenly almost nobody talks about the real problems since a New Mount Ability, a new Episode and even a new Fractal is on the horizon.Stuff like:

1. Bad Performance and Lag in PoF Content.
  2. Bots in sPvP (those are still not banned)
  3. Cheaters in sPvP (Noody had to make a Video about some of them, otherwise they would probably still run around, that sadly shows ArenaNet does not really care about the Community, because they voiced and reported those multiple times, it needed a Video to pressure them to finally take action.)
  4. The Incredible Balance Patch that even with a massive outrage went through unchanged.

Anet does whatever, whenever it suits them. Instead of living story is now a Saga. Alliances were once a thing, then silence. At least have the courtesy to say you killed it off.

I've liked a couple of the recent story maps. Yay for that, but my confidence in Anets ability to deliver on anything else is gone. I don't know if its because leadership changes so frequently now or that they don't have a vision or if they're just not that good anymore.

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Anet does whatever, whenever it suits them. Instead of living story is now a Saga. Alliances were once a thing, then silence. At least have the courtesy to say you killed it off.

I've liked a couple of the recent story maps. Yay for that, but my confidence in Anets ability to deliver on anything else is gone. I don't know if its because leadership changes so frequently now or that they don't have a vision or if they're just not that good anymore.

No, no, you don't understand. Nothing is ever killed off. It's just moved to a different spot on the infinitely large table, no need to tell people that as it's technically not new information. It was on the table before and is still on the table.

I actually enjoyed the meta event bonus event, it pulled players to events that were not done very often. It is not about the extra xp, it is about the chance to get rare infusion.Here is the question, how popular was it last year? It appeared pretty popular until they made the major dud of the champion event. I based this on how many megaservers there were last year.The point of these event were they could be turned on during content droughts, so people had something to do. Q3 looks very lackluster, only 1 episode and 1 fractal, it needs some filler content like this.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:I noticed there's a sale on the world boss portal devices. Why in the world are they not trying to boost sales of those by running community events along side of those sales?

Same reason they choose not to release the awakened mount pack when they added the awesome awakened roller beatle to the game. The sales department chooses not to metagame for some reason. I am a sales they lost because I couldn't get the whole set when it was new and cool. I have sense changed my fashion and would not longer buy both items...

@Kurrilino.2706 said:The real question is, do even care about Events we already played millions of times?If they have an event going giving you double XP for Tequatl, do we really care??????No, we want real conetnt

i think everyone wants new content for the game mode they love (pvp/wvw/pve) but wouldn't it be nice if we got new events or festivals along with new content we want?