Please, make a NO BOON weekend.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:This would be interesting just to show how reliant people are on them atm

Well Warrior sustain is pretty much reliant on generating might, so you'd see no Warriors that week lol.

I think a better way of doing this though would be -95% boon duration week. That way classes that rely on +XYZ benefit when they receive a boon still get the benefit even if the boon just flashes for 1/8s.

Another would be a -95% condi duration week :tongue:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:This would be interesting just to show how reliant people are on them atm

Well Warrior sustain is pretty much reliant on generating might, so you'd see no Warriors that week lol.

I think a better way of doing this though would be -95% boon duration week. That way classes that rely on +XYZ benefit when they receive a boon still get the benefit even if the boon just flashes for 1/8s.

this will never be balanced. some builds will even become unplayable... or maybe not that much? it would be an interesting weekend to gather data.

@ledernierrempart.6871 said:

this will never be balanced. some builds will even become unplayable... or maybe not that much? it would be an interesting weekend to gather data.

My point was to still let the condi or boon flash so that traits could still trigger but have no effect on combat themselves.

Some meta builds can't watch everything at once, the only thing keeping me from freely pulling people out of their composition is either blowing it on some boon flak or having to hold it until I see a window or I've stolen enough of their boon line and they can maybe react to my positioning. Jumping people would be out of hand but there would be some wild open field stuff that would be worth seeing, but I think some locations on the maps should have weird adjustments that groups and squads would have to be alert to and maybe they can cycle through them over time.

@ledernierrempart.6871 said:

Oh yeah, I don't expect it to be. But if half the builds in common usage were unplayable, it would be pretty telling really.

Thief would be apex predator again.

And necro would not care (except speed rune would be dead).

All the other classes would have to change utility to damage-modifiers and get some additional toughness to compensate the lack of protection.

Effects like superspeed would be overpowered.

What about this - Boon breaker event:

A new trick becomes available for purchase (some form of currency required) that can be thrown at players similar to Target Painter. On hit it removes 4 - 6 Boons, and for a brief duration, let's say 10 seconds, no Boons can be applied.

I'm sure many zergs would abuse the absolute hell out of it, but at least it wouldn't mean you'd be completely unable to use Boons anywhere. Roaming and small scale you'd probably be fine except for those occasional encounters where someone chucks one at you and you're screwed for a few seconds. At least in zergs it would have some strategic value and would be interesting to see the impact.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:What about this - Boon breaker event:

A new trick becomes available for purchase (some form of currency required) that can be thrown at players similar to Target Painter. On hit it removes 4 - 6 Boons, and for a brief duration, let's say 10 seconds, no Boons can be applied.

I'm sure many zergs would abuse the absolute hell out of it, but at least it wouldn't mean you'd be completely unable to use Boons anywhere. Roaming and small scale you'd probably be fine except for those occasional encounters where someone chucks one at you and you're screwed for a few seconds. At least in zergs it would have some strategic value and would be interesting to see the impact.... excuse me while I go find a gvg for no particular reason.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:What about this - Boon breaker event:

I'm sure many zergs would abuse the absolute hell out of it, but at least it wouldn't mean you'd be
completely
unable to use Boons anywhere. Roaming and small scale you'd probably be fine except for those occasional encounters where someone chucks one at you and you're screwed for a few seconds. At least in zergs it would have some strategic value and would be interesting to see the impact.... excuse me while I go find a gvg for no particular reason.

Hahaha, yeah that is true, it would be very easy to troll gvgs with this. Still, I think if an anti-Boon event were a thing, this would probably be one of the better options rather than just turning off Boons completely.

Boons are an integral part of the game. Especially while conditions as their counterpart are still in play, this suggestion makes relatively little sense. We already have huge problems with stability when the guards are not on their toes. You can expect WvW to be a giant pinball machine when stability is deactivated altogether. No, thanks.

@Len.1879 said:Boons are an integral part of the game. Especially while conditions as their counterpart are still in play, this suggestion makes relatively little sense. We already have huge problems with stability when the guards are not on their toes. You can expect WvW to be a giant pinball machine when stability is deactivated altogether. No, thanks.

As downstate is and yet there's a no downstate week every now and then.It's not like the OP is asking to remove boons from the game. 1 week won't kill you, I promise. You would be ok