Anniversary Sales end today, what are your thoughts on it?

aaron.7850

@Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

@Josiah.2967 said:I was really hoping the Unicorn and Choya finishers would have ben included. In the two years of playing. I have never seen them in the gem store. What is the point of not selling or trading an item for Black Lion Statues? I know there way a 24 hour window; however, I had a family emergency and expected them to come back by now...

Choya Finisher - available March 2, 2020 (available a total of 4 times in Gems Store)Unicorn Finisher - available March 11, 2020 (available a total of 8 times in Gem Store)

Where are you able to see these dates?

Wiki.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not realize it was ending so soon. Good thing I just got back online... I was off a few days while changing islands. I bought the gems before moving and just got my shared inventory today. I was hoping for the PoF prep kit, but I guess there will be a similar kit for the new expansion?

Overall, pretty unimpressed with the sale... but I am not the target demographic... I do not buy skins - for my avatar, backpack, or mount.

@Blueberry.8095 said:I'm sad that it ended rather early. I was waiting for the additional crafting licence and the lightbinder blade wings combo to go on sale, guess I'll just keep waiting. Good things that I'm not desperate for any of them, if it never goes on sale, I'll prob just forget about its existence XD

The lightbinder was available from the backpack/glider voucher. I suspect they find it's easier to offer the voucher than individual skins when they want to have loads up.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Blueberry.8095 said:I'm sad that it ended rather early. I was waiting for the additional crafting licence and the lightbinder blade wings combo to go on sale, guess I'll just keep waiting. Good things that I'm not desperate for any of them, if it never goes on sale, I'll prob just forget about its existence XD

The lightbinder was available from the backpack/glider voucher. I suspect they find it's easier to offer the voucher than individual skins when they want to have loads up.The voucher's offering price currently at 630 gems is not as cheap as when it was previously sold at 560 gems during the March sale. Too bad I didn't have enough gems when it was on sale few months ago (spent them mostly on account upgrades).

It's fine if couldn't snap the lighbinder at a fair price (I could either keep waiting or ignore it), but for the addional crafting licence is what I was waiting for, just not urgent. I've already spread the crafting amongst 3 characters (2 disciplines each), just being too lazy to have a 4th character just for 1 single crafting discipline :persevere: (it was the scribing).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Josiah.2967 said:I was really hoping the Unicorn and Choya finishers would have ben included. In the two years of playing. I have never seen them in the gem store. What is the point of not selling or trading an item for Black Lion Statues? I know there way a 24 hour window; however, I had a family emergency and expected them to come back by now...

Choya Finisher - available March 2, 2020 (available a total of 4 times in Gems Store)Unicorn Finisher - available March 11, 2020 (available a total of 8 times in Gem Store)

Proof that these finishers were only available for a 24 hour window.

@"Astral Projections.7320" said:Sale ending soon (less than 24 hours)

• Permanent Choya Finisher 700 420 gems
  • Permanent Minstrel Finisher 800 480 gems
  • Permanent Super Explosive Finisher 600 360 gems
  • Kasmeer’s Staff 600 450gems
  • Kasmeer’s Regal Outfit 700 525 gems
  • [Black Lion Industry Contract] 1000 gems
  • [Black Lion Hunters Contract]1200 gems
  • Runecrafter’s Salvage-o-Matic 600 gems
  • Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic 500 gems

What happened to the supportive community? Now people have to defend themselves for wanting a finisher available for more than 24 hours for an excessive long period of time? My having an emergency in the "24 hour windows" changes nothing. It just sucks. Even if those were available a week at full price, I would have bought them.

Wiki data for the Choya Finisher:September 06, 2018 - September 08, 2018 30%

Anniversary Sale (2018) - Returning

March 02, 2020 - March 03, 2020 40%

March Sale (2020) - Returning

In a week the item will be available for 24 hours for two years. You think more people would want to support the people just trying to buy items that support the game.

@Josiah.2967 said:

• Permanent Choya Finisher
    420 gems
  • Permanent Minstrel Finisher
    480 gems
  • Permanent Super Explosive Finisher
    360 gems
  • Kasmeer’s Staff
    450gems
  • Kasmeer’s Regal Outfit
    525 gems
  • 1000 gems
  • 1200 gems
  • Runecrafter’s Salvage-o-Matic
    600 gems
  • Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic
    500 gems

What happened to the supportive community? Now people have to defend themselves for wanting a finisher available for more than 24 hours for an excessive long period of time? My having an emergency in the "24 hour windows" changes nothing. It just sucks. Even if those were available a week at full price, I would have bought them.

In a week the item will be available for 24 hours for two years. You think more people would want to support the people just trying to buy items that support the game.

Not sure how providing information is 'not supporting' anyone.There's a Sticky for Gem Store requests; one could post one's desire(s) there, as the Devs peruse that thread.

Good luck.

• Permanent Choya Finisher
    420 gems
  • Permanent Minstrel Finisher
    480 gems
  • Permanent Super Explosive Finisher
    360 gems
  • Kasmeer’s Staff
    450gems
  • Kasmeer’s Regal Outfit
    525 gems
  • 1000 gems
  • 1200 gems
  • Runecrafter’s Salvage-o-Matic
    600 gems
  • Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic
    500 gems

Not sure how providing information is 'not supporting' anyone.There's a Sticky for Gem Store requests; one could post one's desire(s) there, as the Devs peruse that thread.

Good luck.

Can we look at Strider Pj.2193 post?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Don’t bother me with facts man!!!!!!

My point remains. Having an item that you release for 24 hours in nearly 2 years is hard to swallow. I still had an emergency at that time. The item really serves no point with the current schedule. It's not making money like this.

Maybe they need to release a Black Lions Finisher Voucher? The "gem store unicorns" were not available during the sale. This is disappointing.

@aaron.7850 said:

@keenedge.9675 said:if you look in gem store history, the sales don't end on the 31st.

Their social media guys clearly stated that whatever item was on sale on the 31st would be the last sale. So either they made a mistake or Anet took notice of our complaints.

&

@"Ashantara.8731" said:No sale of skill and equipment loadouts, so clearly a disappointment to me.

Seem to be offered today.

I've been informed while they are on sale, they're actually not part of the "anniversary sale".

Not sure what the point of a "sale" is when the cost of gems quickly increase by about 30%, unless it's to pay more for the same thing. Sure, you can plan ahead and buy gems ahead, like some of us did, but how many do? How many know it's coming? How many even look here, ever? Just sayin a "sale" aint always a deal for everyone so it pays to do the math. An in game upcoming sale system message might be helpful to players.

@"Tumult.2578" said:Not sure what the point of a "sale" is when the cost of gems quickly increase by about 30%, unless it's to pay more for the same thing. Sure, you can plan ahead and buy gems ahead, like some of us did, but how many do? How many know it's coming? How many even look here, ever? Just sayin a "sale" aint always a deal for everyone so it pays to do the math. An in game upcoming sale system message might be helpful to players.

The point is to encourage players to spend real money on gems.