Volcanic Charged Weapon set

Kameko.8314

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@evlover.6270 said:It just kinda feels like the whole patch wasn't really thought through, not just the volcanic weapons. It's an instance so you're screwed in case of a dc, lfg can only be done in squad under icebrood saga so people have to use party lfg in tyria lfg, timer doesn't finish after completing the 3 events at start so you're idling for like 2mins once those are done..

I suffered a dc a bit after the party lock. I was able to get back into the instance I was party locked in. The content at least has proper scaling and that going for it.

My bad then, guildie said he couldn't. Maybe it was something on his end then or it's fixed, idk. Was just hoping it wouldn't happen to me at the end of a cm :p

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@evlover.6270 said:It just kinda feels like the whole patch wasn't really thought through, not just the volcanic weapons. It's an instance so you're screwed in case of a dc, lfg can only be done in squad under icebrood saga so people have to use party lfg in tyria lfg, timer doesn't finish after completing the 3 events at start so you're idling for like 2mins once those are done..

I suffered a dc a bit after the party lock. I was able to get back into the instance I was party locked in. The content at least has proper scaling and that going for it.

Was this a public mission maybe?Since private wont let you do that even 1 second after its started.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

How did you get back inside the instance?!

I'm kind of betting, based on the fact we do not have any other set of weapons anyone has yet datamined and that the dragon slayer weapons recipes were so easy to buy, that on Tuesday when we get the vanguard event we will see recipes at the vendors for the volcanic weapons and dragon slayer weapons boxes will start dropping from missions. Of course, who knows, it would make sense to rotate them like that but not a lot about this release has been logical.

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

He was in a public instance. The public system works like the pvp system, once you are lock into the instance, you can not leave. If you dc and come back you are forced back in. For drms that a pretty good feature because it is not hard to complete. The reason I know this was i made the mistake to join a public lair of the snowmen. The puggles were so bad i wanted leave after watching 9 people ignore the simplest of mechanics and just spam 1. Then to my horror, i could not leave. Every time i reloged I was forced back in. I ended up just loging out for the night.

@"danielrjones.8759" said:So is this page incorrect? the part in particular ""collect new Dragon Slayer weapons, upgrade your Stormcaller weapons to Volcanic Stormcaller weapon........maybe I'm misunderstanding it. I thought there would be a way to upgrade stormcaller weapons somehow. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

It's incorrect because the blurb was made before the release so it was speculative.

See https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Volcanic_Stormcaller_Weapon_Box

and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker's_Volcanic_Stormcaller_Axe for example

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:

He was in a public instance. The public system works like the pvp system, once you are lock into the instance, you can not leave. If you dc and come back you are forced back in. For drms that a pretty good feature because it is not hard to complete. The reason I know this was i made the mistake to join a public lair of the snowmen. The puggles were so bad i wanted leave after watching 9 people ignore the simplest of mechanics and just spam 1. Then to my horror, i could not leave. Every time i reloged I was forced back in. I ended up just loging out for the night.

It is a bummer when in the Cm DRM since its private so you can't get back in if you DC :/

@"Infusion.7149" said:It's incorrect because the blurb was made before the release so it was speculative.

See https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Volcanic_Stormcaller_Weapon_Box

and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker's_Volcanic_Stormcaller_Axe for example

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I was hoping that as they released more of the chapter they would also unlock the recipes to upgrade or make the volcanic weapons.

@Heibi.4251 said:Actually this being an achievement isn't the bad part. The bad part is that a Mastery Point is locked behind a LOW RNG DROP item.

While I agree that having a mastery point behind it was ill decided and should have been for Dragon Slayer weapon set, I doubt that it will be necessary to have that mastery point in order to max masteries.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Heibi.4251 said:Actually this being an achievement isn't the bad part. The bad part is that a Mastery Point is locked behind a LOW RNG DROP item.

While I agree that having a mastery point behind it was ill decided and should have been for Dragon Slayer weapon set, I doubt that it will be necessary to have that mastery point in order to max masteries.Necessary? No. Still, way too many of those points are locked behind high-grind achievements. In IBS it's already much worse than it was for HoT and PoF masteries.

• 1 month later...

Honestly the entire collection is just yet another example of terrible design decisions. If you think it's gonna drop in price then you're deluding yourself. Nobody wants to do DRM because we all hate them. It might drop a little in price whenever there's a new story released but unless anet introduces some new way to earn them then it will only go up in price and not down.

It's a terrible direction for this game to go especially after they have already released a pretty unreasonably priced 1k gold charged stormcaller collection. I'm really disappointed that people are defending this design choice.And no you won't be able to complete this collection at this rate because anet keeps releasing low-effort but high-cost items that will take them 1 day to design and the players half a year to complete

Instead of making people excited that they introduce new content, anet makes people want to not release content at all.

Have to agree, I'm not sure why they lock skins away like this, It just doesn't make sense to me.Infusions I understand being rare but unless a skin is legendary level then I say Tie skins to interactive achievements, put them as rewards in the story or up the drop rate, Making things so scarce with grinds or low drop rates just takes away something that could have been a fun experience for players to unlock.

As I stated in the DRM thread, there ought to be a non-RNG way to obtain them IMO.Most players would probably agree that it is better than even having a pity timer , because it gives you an actual target of when you will be guaranteed to be able to obtain one (see Runic armor set with the prophet shards).

Should have just been a third tier of the Storm caller weapons that used either some mat bought with DRM currency or strike crystals

Locking them behind cosmically low RNG had neither made them achievable for the average player, nor has it done anything to keep people interested in the DRM's themselves

As time goes on and the content becomes yet another example of abandonware, the cost of the skins will only skyrocket

I imagine this first chapter is just a consequence of how these four chapters will play out. At first, the missions will seem bland and not have great rewards because it is only part one. As more chapters and more masteries are available, rewards could get better, with increased chances hoepfully of getting these volcanic weapons.