Guild Wars 2 Live: Summer 2021

I find it a bit disappointing that the only "new" playable content this quarter is a rerun of a boss from LS1. Will it be just dropped in without context, like the LS1 instances in the Eye of the North?

The fact that all be waiting three months after the lacklustre end of the IBS to find out anything about the next expansion makes me think that we'll just be getting these same repeats, bonus weeks and festivals for the next 6 to 9 months. 

The legenkittenry armoury is interesting but like the wallet and other system additions it's not exciting itself. 

Edit: there's something wrong with the kitten filter when legend ary is filtered. 

Edited by Pifil.5193

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Disagreed. Plenty of things to come and I don't see ANY reason to try and rush the previews.

A year and a half after the innitial announcement isnt rushing the previews its being abnormaly toght lipped and it doesnt inspire confidense (unless i guess you dont care about the game growing that is and only focus on your enjoyment, in which case hf)

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

A year and a half after the innitial announcement isnt rushing the previews its being abnormaly toght lipped and it doesnt inspire confidense

The initial announcement means nothing more than "hey, in case you think we're done with expansions, we're not", not sure why you're even bringing it up here.

Not sharing right now also means nothing, let alone anything like "they have nothing to show". They'll start the previews when they've scheduled them, you have the date, that's about it. Pointless complaints are pointless and the road they've presented us with is the opposite of "concerning".

....and yeah, lets pretend there were no releases during that time just for the sake of doomsaying and complaining I guess, lol.

39 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

(unless i guess you dont care about the game growing that is and only focus on your enjoyment, in which case hf)

Don't pretend "I don't care" just because I don't randomly demand spoilers about new expansion when we already got the date they'll give us some, that's a weird claim to make in an attempt to justify your lack of patience. Relax, do something and wait for the specified date.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The initial announcement means nothing more than "hey, in case you think we're done with expansions, we're not", not sure why you're even bringing it up here.

Not sharing right now also means nothing, let alone anything like "they have nothing to show". They'll start the previews when they've scheduled them, you have the date, that's about it. Pointless complaints are pointless and the road they've presented us with is the opposite of "concerning".

....and yeah, lets pretend there were no releases during that time just for the sake of doomsaying and complaining I guess, lol.

First off who said there was no content, it wasnt the best content but at least there was content.

29 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Don't pretend "I don't care" just because I don't randomly demand spoilers about new expansion when we already got the date they'll give us some, that's a weird claim to make in an attempt to justify your lack of patience. Relax, do something and wait for the specified date.

Who said i demand spoilers, im not asking for story details im asking for them to reveal stuff sooner because by this point many things should be set in stone and if they arent... well thats an issue.

I say you seemingly dont care about this game's growth because this pof marketing format isnt that good for the game. It tells you all the info a month or 2 before release and either most outsiders dont even hear about it or they do but then forget because there isnt reoccuring mention of it hecause theres nothing new to talk about.

19 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

First off who said there was no content, it wasnt the best content but at least there was content.

If that's not what you're saying then there's no reason to bring up "when they first announced there will be expansion at one point!" news, as they didn't limit themselves to working on that expansion exclusively. If you understand that then you understand that your complaint makes no sense and is purposefully (because we established you understand that?) sensationalized.

Who said i demand spoilers, im not asking for story details im asking for them to reveal stuff sooner because by this point many things should be set in stone and if they arent... well thats an issue.

Oh so you don't demand spoilers, ok. You'll get the first look on 27th July, not much to complain about then.

19 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

I say you seemingly dont care about this game's growth because this pof marketing format isnt that good for the game.

You don't really know what's good for the game. The amount of information you (or me) have available is nothing compared to the amount of information available to the devs.

With that said, hopefully that's as far as this doomsaying goes, cheers.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

Seconding what Sobx is saying here. Also, zealex, they will post stuff when they are ready. This is consistent with their release of news leading up to PoF, the time frame is about the same. You made a thread comparing the lack of marketing of a free-to-pay game with a small dev team to subscription-based games with massive amounts of money coming from AAA developers like this game wasn't living up to that standard. Are you and all your friends paying the equivalent of a sub fee every month here? No? Then stop complaining. They are releasing news at a schedule within their current means. You are being impatient and you need to stop. You already made a thread talking about this, invading this thread to whine and act entitled when most likely you are paying the bare minimum in one-time payments is just being obtuse. You know what would be good for the game? A sub fee. I don't care if kids without a credit card or disposable income can't play, or the financially destitute will say "that'll be the death of the game," everyone I know who feels they get their money's worth from sub fee MMOs which have massive populations compared to GW2 just laugh at those people since there is zero data to support the notion. I'd get all of my friends who happily sub to those games to hop onto this one. Until you're spending mega money on this game (I easily spend hundreds in a week and spoil my guild members with gift purchases), you don't get to complain about what's good for the health of a game you only support with the occasional purchase. A million bucks evaporates super quickly in game development, so your one-time $30 purchase doesn't entitle you to a voice because baby wants EoD news now. Us whales understand that this business model isn't sustainable for fast-paced development or even a marketing budget, so we're content to be patient knowing and trusting that they'll release quality content when it's ready and just be excited for that.

Seems good for me. I'm still catching up. (Taking the whole May I guess ... for remaining stuff from Icebrood.) And those things mentioned are

1) a nice event that surely will be liked by people and can get new people into fractals (got me into fractals) - the fractal rush

2) some other achievements to make people replay older stuff (for a lot of people I guess it will be a very long time since they revisited certain content in seasons 2, 3)

and then the nice stuff from some season 1 stuff temporarily brought back.

And of course Dragon Bash.

Seems like easy/coyy pasted stuff: But hey: This is totally better than "champion rush" or stuff like that where you just farm some stupid champs.

It was confirmed that the legendary armoury won’t be monetised. I don’t suppose you can also confirm some things about the new legendary collection achievements being released this summer?

specifically, in regards to the pre-cursor and the new amulet it is mentioned that -new- meta achievements will need to be completed. Will these be entirely new achievements or will they also include some of the old achievements that already exist?

I want to know whether I should get started now or not!

4 hours ago, Silimaur.1984 said:

It was confirmed that the legendary armoury won’t be monetised. I don’t suppose you can also confirm some things about the new legendary collection achievements being released this summer?

specifically, in regards to the pre-cursor and the new amulet it is mentioned that -new- meta achievements will need to be completed. Will these be entirely new achievements or will they also include some of the old achievements that already exist?

I want to know whether I should get started now or not!

I suspect it will include the older mastery achievements along with some new achievements. Otherwise it would be too easy to complete. I'd also suspect the new collections will include some money sinks and/or currency sinks to go with each Living World season. 

If I was designing it, the precursor amulet would be partially from older achievements combined with a few new ones and the gifts required would come completely from new achievements. 

May 11 balance update is mainly PVE oriented it seems, but looking forward to seeing the Legendary armory ingame. 

The fractal rush and the WvW events should bring some newcomers to the content , with fractals being better for the overall playerbase because it is tiered.

Thank you for the balance update of the 11th of May patch. 

I am very unhappy to experience toxicity on all game modes due to the current Meta builds, there is no escape from the toxicity that the current Meta is enabling right now, especially in PvE modes where a big chunk of the GW2 players are obsessed with a limited amount of builds they see as Meta on websites like Snowcrows or LN. I don't like to see Meta builds as a requirement to play a game mode because it's not inclusive and it's not fair on players who play certain professions or specializations that are currently not performing as well as the current Meta.

Joining different guilds doesn't solve this issue, it's a thing that has been going on for too long and I would be very happy to see constant changes on profession balance in order to discourage players from limiting squad slots being exclusively reserved to few Meta builds that significantly outperform the rest like power Chrono. Raiders often confuse speed clear with raid clear, I am sure the shift of constant balance will be healthy for the game.

Edited by Touchme.1097

1 hour ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Thank you for the balance update of the 11th of May patch. 

I am very unhappy to experience toxicity on all game modes due to the current Meta builds, there is no escape from the toxicity that the current Meta is enabling right now, especially in PvE modes where a big chunk of the GW2 players are obsessed with a limited amount of builds they see as Meta on websites like Snowcrows or LN. I don't like to see Meta builds as a requirement to play a game mode because it's not inclusive and it's not fair on players who play certain professions or specializations that are currently not performing as well as the current Meta.

Joining different guilds doesn't solve this issue, it's a thing that has been going on for too long and I would be very happy to see constant changes on profession balance in order to discourage players from limiting squad slots being exclusively reserved to few Meta builds that significantly outperform the rest like power Chrono. Raiders often confuse speed clear with raid clear, I am sure the shift of constant balance will be healthy for the game.

Make your own groups/squads with all welcome problem solved.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! 

On May 25, the Living World Seasons free giveaway campaign starts. In this regard, the players of free accounts have a question: will the seasons be unlocked on free accounts? Let's say I started playing during the promotional weeks, and in July I buy a game. Will I have the seasons of the Living World unlocked for free? Or in order to open them, I need to buy the game before the start of the promotion?