About The New Forum Emoji Reactions - Just As Bad As The Old Thumbs Up Or Thumbs Down Vote [Merged]

14 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

The OP main point, as far as I can understand is people using multiple accounts to increase credibility in their posts and attempt to ridicule the other person.

I know I said I was out of this thread but I want to add one more thing.  The OP  thinks people are using multiple accounts to disagree with them or ridicule them.   This has yet to be proven. It could very well be that some of the OP's posts were not very well received by honest forum members not using alt accounts.    Food for thought.

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 9

13 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

As an attempt to try to get rid of the opposition.

I don't know about FFXIV.

So I can't comment on that.

Besides people are missing the point.

The OP main point, as far as I can understand is people using multiple accounts to increase credibility in their posts and attempt to ridicule the other person.

This has two negative effects.

Spam, and changing the course of legit feedback and debate.

I think we've established that.

However, if using the forums require full accounts.

Yes, it's good for ANet of course. 

But in the long run, one or two people using three accounts each, might make six accounts, but those two people alone can make a dozen people or more quit the game.

To keep a balance, where do you wanna draw the line?

Hasn't that point already been covered? It's against the forum rules for one person to post on more than one account so if you (or the OP, or anyone else) knows someone is doing it you can report them and Anet will take action. (Presumably they'll ban one or more of the accounts from posting.)

The line has already been drawn.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

I know I said I was out of this thread but I want to add one more thing.  The OP  thinks people are using multiple accounts to disagree with them or ridicule them.   This has yet to be proven. It could very well be that some of the OP's posts were not very well received by honest forum members not using alt accounts.    Food for thought.

You were out of this thread, but couldn't help coming back hey?

You are really trying hard to disprove the OP view on this.

Neither of us know for sure, unless you have several accounts yourself.

There's no denying that several user's behavioural pattern does seem kinda odd.

I think I'll do the same as you and stop following this thread.

Honestly, it's boring me to tears now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

You were out of this thread, but couldn't help coming back hey?

You are really trying hard to disprove the OP view on this.

Neither of us know for sure, unless you have several accounts yourself.

There's no denying that several user's behavioural pattern does seem kinda odd.

Funny how that works.  You seem to be one of the few supporting the OP and to the extreme.   Since the OP went and said people with low post counts in this thread were suspect, maybe your posts could be seen as suspect too given your thoughts on the topic .  Maybe you are an alt account of the OP trying to give more support to the thread.   I'm sure you are not but see how easy it is to jump that far with little to no facts and how ridiculous it is?  The point is the OP has no facts to support their complaint.  They have at best anecdotal evidence.   So maybe, just  maybe, their posts that received a negative repose were given by people honestly.   Who knows?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Hasn't that point already been covered? It's against the forum rules for one person to post on more than one account so if you (or the OP, or anyone else) knows someone is doing it you can report them and Anet will take action. (Presumably they'll ban one or more of the accounts from posting.)

The line has already been drawn.

You or the OP or anyone else?

Let me stop you there Danikat.

The OP post looks like an hypothesis to me.

He/She don't sound like is saying that has hard evidence, neither suggested so, as the knowledge that you can only use one account to post came later on. So neither of us knew.

Taking that into consideration; I was merely speculating and instead of totally disregard the possibility, I went along with the topic to try to get to the bottom of this.

Being a consumer that spent money in this game, and will do further in the future, I want to be sure that I am being taken seriously and not being "Bullied" by someone who disagrees with the next idea I have to try improve the game and perhaps bring new players in.

Someone has actually replied to me once in one of my posts "Don't bother giving your ideas, as ANet devs don't like people telling them what to do."

Also "It's a waste of time and resources" is a common one.

Unless you are an ANet director, or any member of staff for that matter, you can't tell people what ANet likes and dislikes. 

You have no clue what goes in the board room.

But not to stray off topic too much.

Last but not least, everyone else probably actually knew as much as we knew when this thread was posted.

I think in future, if I have any constructive feedback to give ANet, I will email them or even wtite a letter if necessary. 

My ideas are between me and them and is no one else's business.

9 minutes ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

Funny how that works.  You seem to be one of the few supporting the OP and to the extreme.   Since the OP went and said people with low post counts in this thread were suspect, maybe your posts could be seen as suspect too given your thoughts on the topic .  Maybe you are an alt account of the OP trying to give more support to the thread.   I'm sure you are not but see how easy it is to jump that far with little to no facts and how ridiculous it is?  The point is the OP has no facts to support their complaint.  They have at best anecdotal evidence.   So maybe, just  maybe, their posts that received a negative repose were given by people honestly.   Who knows?

Please.

Humor at this point is kinda like trying to revive a dead tree.

Mu dear friend, I have better things to do with my time than to switch accounts to support a mere speculation.

You must learn to know people before you make wild accusations.

If you haven't realised, you are now insulting me in a subtle manner. 

That happens when you can't get people to agree with you.

So it seems that you are a lot more bothered than I am about someone having a different oppinion than you; and I could say that you're the one doing it.

See? You can't let go, even after you said seceral previous posts that you weren't going to reply to this post again.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Please.

Humor at this point is kinda like trying to revive a dead tree.

Mu dear friend, I have better things to do with my time than to switch accounts to support a mere speculation.

You must learn to know people before you make wild accusations.

If you haven't realised, you are now insulting me in a subtle manner. 

That happens when you can't get people to agree with you.

So it seems that you are a lot more bothered than I am about someone having a different oppinion than you; and I could say that you're the one doing it.

See? You can't let go, even after you said seceral previous posts that you weren't going to reply to this post again.

Your post just a bit ago...

😄  Goodnight.   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

In 2021 nothing can be proven. This is the key foundational strength behind all the propaganda.

People just refute and require more and more and more evidence towards a claim and when it is provided they ask for more evidence, deviating from the obvious logical common sense of what is happening.

Example:

I go to a zoo and look at the monkeys. I point at the ground and say "look at the monkey poo under the monkeys". Then someone says to me "Prove it's monkey poo". So I call the zookeeper in who works with them every day and he tells us "Yup that's monkey poo". But that same person says "I don't believe you. Prove to me it's monkey poo." So we call in a team of world renowned scientists to perform elaborate tests to prove the monkey poo is monkey poo. They say "Yup this is definitely monkey poo". Then that same person says "Well prove to me you didn't move the old poo and replace it with actual monkey poo 5 minutes before we performed this test". and the cycle never ends.

The point being is that people in 2021 have been programmed by society to endlessly circle yoink around this defense and ignorant stance of denial. They completely avoid common sense and in most cases are ok with doing that to suite their own agenda.

It's terrifying really.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

In 2021 nothing can be proven. This is the key foundational strength behind all the propaganda.

People just refute and require more and more and more evidence towards a claim and when it is provided they ask for more evidence, deviating from the obvious logical common sense of what is happening.

Example:

I go to a zoo and look at the monkeys. I point at the ground and say "look at the monkey poo under the monkeys". Then someone says to me "Prove it's monkey poo". So I call the zookeeper in who works with them every day and he tells us "Yup that's monkey poo". But that same person says "I don't believe you. Prove to me it's monkey poo." So we call in a team of world renowned scientists to perform elaborate tests to prove the monkey poo is monkey poo. They say "Yup this is definitely monkey poo". Then that same person says "Well prove to me you didn't move the old poo and replace it with actual monkey poo 5 minutes before we performed this test". and the cycle never ends.

The point being is that people in 2021 have been programmed by society to endlessly circle yoink around this defense and ignorant stance of denial. They completely avoid common sense and in most cases are ok with doing that to suite their own agenda.

It's terrifying really.

Yes only thing wrong with your example is we have no monkey nore its poo, just a person claiming that the monkey pooed with nothing to back it up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Example:

It's terrifying really.

This example is a counter to its own point, because what you would have proved is that the person is an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

It would be fine if an eyeroll emoji was included.

🙄

Also, I'd like a blank one that says nothing at all. Just a yellow circle similiar to 🌕.

On topic: I don't mind them. Either keep all of them, or remove them all. Only keeping "Like" like before would also be weird.

Edited by Raknar.4735

I used to frequent a forum, which I cannot remember what game was for; that used karma. 

You could attribute positive and negative  karma to a post, and the person's rank would increase or decrease with every so much amount of karma earned or lost. 

I don't know if it would work well here, but it's a much more subtle way to vote on posts.

If you wanna go further, you could actually use that karma gained, to buy stuff ingame!?

Just a thought.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I used to frequent a forum, which I cannot remember what game was for; that used karma. 

You could attribute positive and negative  karma to a post, and the person's rank would increase or decrease with every so much amount of karma earned or lost. 

I don't know if it would work well here, but it's a much more subtle way to vote on posts.

If you wanna go further, you could actually use that karma gained, to buy stuff ingame!?

Just a thought.

Yes that would certainly not get abused at all.

Compared to now when they do nothing at all.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, fenriswolfman.5486 said:

What I wouldnt give to see this community trapped on the same forum as literally any other one. Even for just a day.

Im confused is this.

Its so good here you dont know how good you have it or the other way around?

23 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

You or the OP or anyone else?

Let me stop you there Danikat.

The OP post looks like an hypothesis to me.

You might want to reread it, because to me it seems more like a statement of an undeniable truth. In fact, OP even strongly suggested later that this is happening in this very thread. And he didn't seem like he was joking.

While i generally am against negative emojis, and would generally like if the responses were limited to a simple like and nothing more, this conspiracy theory that is being pushed here seems way overboard to me. If you see a lot of negative responses to your post, the most likely reason is that there's really that much people that disliked that post. Not because a single poster brought an army of alts just to mess with you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You might want to reread it, because to me it seems more like a statement of an undeniable truth. In fact, OP even strongly suggested later that this is happening in this very thread. And he didn't seem like he was joking.

While i generally am against negative emojis, and would generally like if the responses were limited to a simple like and nothing more, this conspiracy theory that is being pushed here seems way overboard to me. If you see a lot of negative responses to your post, the most likely reason is that there's really that much people that disliked that post. Not because a single poster brought an army of alts just to mess with you.

I'm not responsible for the OPs post, or what they have to say or not.

If you have quarrels with him/her, then reply to the OP.

I've already explained this several times over and reasons why.

Please don't waste my time again.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes that would certainly not get abused at all.

Compared to now when they do nothing at all.

Well, I suppose you do have a point.

It does depend on the type of community a certain game forum attracts.

Some are more mature than others.

It did work in that forum, as people actually were a lot more supportive over other's ideas because they genuinely cared about the game and keep making it better.

Nexon forums on the other hand was so toxic, that most of the players, including me, my brother and all our friends ( Over 50 people on our clan alone ) paying players by the way, all left the game at the same time.

We were all players that often bought new weapons and gear.

Hundreds of locals left soon after that too.

On 5/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Read the thread.

This isn't about wah wah wah QQ.

This is about not admitting propaganda which alters the true course of actual real feedback.

I've read the OP and the thread. It is about complaining about emoji's. If you don't like them they are easy to ignore and have no ability to impact your ability to express your own opinion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1