About The New Forum Emoji Reactions - Just As Bad As The Old Thumbs Up Or Thumbs Down Vote [Merged]

2 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

You should learn about things before posting.

The people who it doesn't show are people who are not logged in.

When they are not logged in, they cannot click emojis.

The people that it shows their names are logged in and can click emojis.

Have you noticed a trend this past week where fewer forum users are viewing topics? That’s cause many of us has turned visibility on privacy settings off. That’s what they meant by their post. They are not offline they are hidden. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

You should learn about things before posting.

The people who it doesn't show are people who are not logged in.

When they are not logged in, they cannot click emojis.

The people that it shows their names are logged in and can click emojis.

Oh, so did you see me in the list as someone reading this thread? Pretty sure you didn't and yet...

Same as I didn't see Freya in the list despite the post appearing while I was in the thread.

Overally: it doesn't work like you think it does.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

Have you noticed a trend this past week where fewer forum users are viewing topics? That’s cause many of us has turned visibility on privacy settings off. That’s what they meant by their post. They are not offline they are hidden. 

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Oh, so did you see me in the list as someone reading this thread? Pretty sure you didn't and yet...

Same as I didn't see Freya in the list despite the post appearing while I was in the thread.

Overally: it doesn't work like you think it does.

Yup you guys are right, there is an invisible function.

Still though, I doubt many people are using this. Most of what shows as "extra users reading" is likely just people viewing the forum from a search engine who aren't actually signed in. I mean I could be wrong, I just don't see any logical/rational reason why anyone would care to activate invisible in a gaming forum.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Still though, I doubt many people are using this. Most of what shows as "extra users reading" is likely just people viewing the forum from a search engine who aren't actually signed in. I mean I could be wrong, I just don't see any logical/rational reason why anyone would care to activate invisible in a gaming forum.

Well one reason would be to hide they have an army of alts spaming confusing emojis right?

But according to you they cant even be bothered to hide the tos violations so what do I know.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I do it for privacy reasons. I want to be able to read topics (since I often need some time reading through them) and snoop around in them/lurk around without feeling everyone can see me doing it 👀 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

And I don't see any proof that they don't. Toss at me.

Rather I see a lot of proof, concerning times logged of when confused faces get spammed. When a person is hot to win an argument even when no one else is signed in watching "which we can now see at the top of the screen" you can see the main signed in who is arguing, and he logs off and in comes a plethora of alts that never post in this forum but only push emojis, it happens in a 2 minute time span, then they all immediately log off. It is common to not get any emoji responses after this from a single forum user that is not the main who was arguing or its obvious alts.

The feature to be able to see who is signed in and viewing threads is hard to argue with my friend. If you watch closely, you can see the same accounts always show up with the mains to support their arguments. The proof is right there in front of your face. Take some time to pay attention.

Apparently the issue is a matter of understanding the word, "proof." What you describe is speculation, not proof. 

The burden of proof is on the one making an assertion, not those who express interest in seeing your evidence. I mean, I haven't seen any proof that every reaction in this thread is not just you on a alt accounts....that lack of proof of a negative is meaningless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

20 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Apparently the issue is a matter of understanding the word, "proof." What you describe is speculation, not proof. 

The burden of proof is on the one making an assertion, not those who express interest in seeing your evidence. I mean, I haven't seen any proof that every reaction in this thread is not just you on a alt accounts....that lack of proof of a negative is meaningless.

But I am the only one who is actually providing proof for a claim. I have stated several times now why log-in activity with the same accounts at the same times shows hard trail of suspicious activity that would indicate a single person logging into all of their alts for emoji spam, within a short timeframe usually something like 2 minutes.

Everyone else is just saying "no it isn't happening" while tossing no examples or trails of evidence to support that claim at all. They say this under the assumption that because they wouldn't do it, then others must not be doing it either.

I mean you can keep arguing for the sake of wanting to win an argument, but don't be apathic. At this point what I've said is true and people either haven't or are refusing to watch these trails of evidence for themselves.

It's up to you to see it. You are no longer ignorant after reading this post, but it's your choice to apathic or not.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

But I am the only one who is actually providing proof for a claim. I have stated several times now why log-in activity with the same accounts at the same times shows hard trail of suspicious activity that would indicate a single person logging into all of their alts for emoji spam, within a short timeframe usually something like 2 minutes.

Everyone else is just saying "no it isn't happening" while tossing no examples or trails of evidence to support that claim at all. They say this under the assumption that because they wouldn't do it, then others must not be doing it either.

I mean you can keep arguing for the sake of wanting to win an argument, but don't be apathic. At this point what I've said is true and people either haven't or are refusing to watch these trails of evidence for themselves.

It's up to you to see it. You are no longer ignorant after reading this post, but it's your choice to apathic or not.

What Is Apophenia? Apophenia refers to the human tendency to see patterns and meaning in random information.

You sure this aint what you suffer from?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Most of what you're seeing is likely people who are not signed into their account, viewers who are just reading the page but signed into the forum.

I don't think many people go out of their way to hide their status, but I could be wrong. Not sure why they'd care in a gaming forum.

Can't sign into the forum without signing into your account. 

It seems you  may be wrong...again. 

• Confused 1

Strategy:

Regardless of post, 5% chance of a non-confused reaction, non-laugh emoji

25% chance of a laugh emoji.

+25% chance of a laugh emoji if we are friends.

If I agree with a post, 33% trophy, 33% heart, 33% laugh.

100% chance of reacting to a moderation post or patch notes.

100% chance of reacting with "sad" to an ele balance discussion.

If I don't like a post, then randomly assign laugh or confused.

20% chance of randomly changing emoji because you can't be too predicable.

Bias against stacking emojis. Try to give an emoji that's not been given.

Bias towards people that post about emojis.

Bias towards people that reply to me.

Bias against people that post too much in a thread

Bias against people that post too little in a thread.

Bias against people that don't post in a thread.

This algorithm is 100% useless.

Although I'm not really sure why "laugh" is a bad reaction. If you look at most forms of social media, the top comment is typically some kind of one liner or wisecrack.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Remove reactions completely. People should comment explaining why they agree/disagree with you and have an actually meaningful convo instead of spamming emojis. They're dumb, forums are for posting or arguing or whatever.

There are people who explaining why doesn't advance the conversation. Dropping the emoji allows contributing without often entering into brick wall back and forths. 

Imho more often than not, from observation over the years, people tend to be so entrenched in their positions in arguments that they believe their subjective opinions and objective fact. It's less "tell me why you disagree with me so we can have a healthy discussion about a topic" and more "tell me why you disagree with me so I can ignore what you say and tell you why you are wrong". 

I genuinely feel most of the time people don't come here to discuss topics but rather to start and then subsequently "win" arguments. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

A great thing would be if you hit the confused reaction emoji just open a small comment window on a special place where they can ask of what are they confused about.

If you check steam negative reviews you can see many people got "Clown" even if they were right ,this happens here too fanboys just downvote everything they are not agree with or create a derailed comment war so a moderator shuts down the post.

It happens quite frequently lately sadly so in essence a Like or Love emoji is enough if you are not agree you don't hit any.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Amnariel.3659 said:

A great thing would be if you hit the confused reaction emoji just open a small comment window on a special place where they can ask of what are they confused about.

If you check steam negative reviews you can see many people got "Clown" even if they were right ,this happens here too fanboys just downvote everything they are not agree with or create a derailed comment war so a moderator shuts down the post.

It happens quite frequently lately sadly so in essence a Like or Love emoji is enough if you are not agree you don't hit any.

So basically what you mean is ppl have no right to let ppl know they disagree? Sometimes it’s enough to let someone know you disagree to what they say by a downvote. It’s not always a need to explain why you disagree. If someone already said their part which you agree on, you give them a like. Why repeat what has already been addressed? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

So basically what you mean is ppl have no right to let ppl know they disagree? Sometimes it’s enough to let someone know you disagree to what they say by a downvote. It’s not always a need to explain why you disagree. If someone already said their part which you agree on, you give them a like. Why repeat what has already been addressed? 

Yeah but people use reactions because they don't have actual counter-arguments. They just dislike your post because it doesn't benefit them or whatever.  It doesn't contribute to the conversation whatsoever.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Caliboom.3218 said:

Yeah but people use reactions because they don't have actual counter-arguments. They just dislike your post because it doesn't benefit them or whatever.  It doesn't contribute to the conversation whatsoever.

There will always be trolls. Ppl who use reactions just to stir the pot. I dont care about the emotes personally, but some ppl do so I understand that. But telling others to not use the emotes if you disagree seems weird to me. You should be allowed to say you disagree without having to explain why. It contributes by letting others know there are ppl who disagree. If a post has 10 downvotes and 2 upvotes you as the writer of the post will know how well your opinions or suggestions were recieved. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Please tell me, what counter arguments do you want me to have to people that are like "I want this game to change 180 degrees because I don't like it, but because I'm a special snowflake I will keep spamming forums" or someone who only rants and has no constructive feedback? I doubt we can find counter-arguments for such people. That's what the forums have become, people that only know to rant and complain about the game and only say how they want it to become like their favorite MMO.

And for the record, I use the confused emoji but I also reply on threads.

What's next, censoring like Youtube where only happy reactions are allowed, negative  ones are not shown and everyone after that will say "everyone agrees with me because I don't see any negative comment" ? Seems like that's what many ranters want, since emojis seem to do too much emotional damage for some. People these days are too sensitive.

Edited by Crono.4197
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

40 minutes ago, Crono.4197 said:

Please tell me, what counter arguments do you want me to have to people that are like "I want this game to change 180 degrees because I don't like it, but because I'm a special snowflake I will keep spamming forums" or someone who only rants and has no constructive feedback? I doubt we can find counter-arguments for such people. That's what the forums have become, people that only know to rant and complain about the game and only say how they want it to become like their favorite MMO.

And for the record, I use the confused emoji but I also reply on threads.

What's next, censoring like Youtube where only happy reactions are allowed, negative  ones are not shown and everyone after that will say "everyone agrees with me because I don't see any negative comment" ? Seems like that's what many ranters want, since emojis seem to do too much emotional damage for some. People these days are too sensitive.

Not to mention that if people counter you argument to well there is already the ignore user button on this forum so you dont have to see anything form that toxic kitten again.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1