Reason to quit this game - griefing [MERGED]

3 minutes ago, eyelogix.1654 said:

I see people post the same thing over and over, and haven't seen them being thrown ou of the forums. 

I see people speeding on the highway and haven't seen them get citations for it either.  I'm not sure of your point.  One infraction (usually) doesn't cause someone to be banned from the forum.

Still, it isn't an excuse to not use the tools provided.

• Confused 1

On 6/7/2021 at 12:47 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

1. Still, it goes against the ToS.  People should use the search function and contribute to existing threads.

2. That assumes that there is a problem.  Apparently, ANet doesn't believe so, else they would have rectified it.

3. Again, you could have used the search function to find the previous thread(s).  I doubt that the Devs have the time to cull through the forums and read multiple threads on the same topic over and over.  That's why there is a stickied QoL thread at the top of this very forum.

4. See #2

Discussing moderator actions is also against ToS. What are you going to do now? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• 4 months later...

Im quitting the game bc of the 2021 Halloween event that included joko in the mad kings labyrinth. Having to put up with that pretentious jerk during the story line was agony but now they're pretending joko could ever be on the same level as mad king thorn is a badly written joke. The storyline has been going down hill since eir died. I can ignore that but then they ruined my favorite festival with joko's ridiculous, annoying nonsense. 10 yrs isn't enough to make me stay to listen to that donkey.

Edited by Nita Revenge.7683
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nita Revenge.7683 said:

Im quitting the game bc of the 2021 Halloween event that included joko in the mad kings labyrinth. Having to put up with that pretentious jerk during the story line was agony but now they're pretending joko could ever be on the same level as mad king thorn is a badly written joke. The storyline has been going down hill since eir died. I can ignore that but then they ruined my favorite festival with joko's ridiculous, annoying nonsense. 10 yrs isn't enough to make me stay to listen to that donkey.

Pssst:  turn down npc dialogue

Also, can I have your stuff?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Last night I came across portals on the gathering/salvaging vendor and bank npc in Lilly of Elon. At first I thought troll, but then figured it might just be an extremely impatient Mesmer who was frustrated by crossing that short distance on foot.

Yes, the sound was obvious. Annoying that I couldn't use my interact hotkey to access the vendor, though. Maybe that's a sign of extreme impatience on my part. 😄

Aviator Memory box is my biggest annoyance, but I've learned to watch for the difference in the popup language for the interact key between it and chests.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 4:31 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

a) Left click on the chest before pressing F

b) position yourself so that pressing the F key prioritizes the chest anyways

c) wait 10 seconds for the portal to disappear

zzz, huge problem indeed.

I agree with you that it's not a huge problem, but the real problem isn't that it makes it impossible, it's that it removes some of the streamlining we're used to in the rest of the game. For the vast majority of the time, we're taught to run up and use our interact hotkey. It's when you let your guard down that you get caught by the griefer, and who wants to always have to be vigilant while opening loot?

You serve me dinner, and let me know you spit in one dish, but all I have to do is look under each plate to see which one is marked "spit" to make sure I don't eat it. Not the friendliest meal, even though I can avoid it.

Again, not meant to overstate it. I can't think of a fix that isn't worse than the problem, which is fairly minor. It'd be sad to see aviator boxes disappear entirely. I remember laughing so much at the video of the glitch that inspied the April Fool's that inspired the box.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I agree with you that it's not a huge problem, but the real problem isn't that it makes it impossible, it's that it removes some of the streamlining we're used to in the rest of the game. For the vast majority of the time, we're taught to run up and use our interact hotkey. It's when you let your guard down that you get caught by the griefer, and who wants to always have to be vigilant while opening loot?

I get it that it can be perceived differently between the players, but for me even saying that I need to be "constantly  vigilant" is already overstating it -as you've noticed yourself:

58 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Yes, the sound was obvious.

For me it really is obvious enough that I don't even think about portals in the first place, it's more of a situation where I just know when there's a portal set up, because even if I don't see it, it can be easly heard without previously giving it a thought. Not much more to say here -from my point of view, it's a complete non issue. 😄

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I get it that it can be perceived differently between the players, but for me even saying that I need to be "constantly  vigilant" is already overstating it -as you've noticed yourself:

For me it really is obvious enough that I don't even think about portals in the first place, it's more of a situation where I just know when there's a portal set up, because even if I don't see it, it can be easly heard without previously giving it a thought. Not much more to say here -from my point of view, it's a complete non issue. 😄

Sorry, the constantly vigilant was about the Aviator boxes. They hide inside things well, and I have to be watchful for the change in description of my interact key.

I know you mentioned portals in your post, I just got sidetracked onto the thing that actually bugs me. 😄

Edited by Gibson.4036

I feel you! 

The one I hate the most is the stupid box that makes you open arms and fly like an airplane turning the screen grey what's called... Anyway the usually pop it in Auric basin on the grand chests 🙄

There is a special place in hell for those people kitten 😂😂😂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Aedil.1296 said:

I feel you! 

The one I hate the most is the stupid box that makes you open arms and fly like an airplane turning the screen grey what's called... Anyway the usually pop it in Auric basin on the grand chests 🙄

There is a special place in hell for those people kitten 😂😂😂

Agreed.

FYI, you can interact with the box again to turn it off if you catch it. You can also keep a transformation in your novelty slot, though according to the wiki only some transformations will cancel it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Unfortunately if you quit this game whatever multi-player game you go to will have griefing (aka trolls)

All multiplayer games have them, just the form of trolling will change.

And there's less opportunity here than in most games I've played.

• Like 2

What makes me laugh about this thread is that I get caught out far more often in LA with the stupid NPCs who like to stand right on top of the banker, and just don't move.  Griefers are annoying, but I expect immature players.  It's the griefing NPCs that irritate me.  😆

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

What makes me laugh about this thread is that I get caught out far more often in LA with the stupid NPCs who like to stand right on top of the banker, and just don't move.  Griefers are annoying, but I expect immature players.  It's the griefing NPCs that irritate me.  😆

Garm griefed me hard this morning during Frozen Out. He got the very last of the Ice Beast's minions cornered up by a shelf of ice in a spot where the Ice Beast would stop its charge just short of destroying that last minion.

I mean, I get that he just recently lost his master, but did he have to take it out on me?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

Oh yes! That is super irritating! 😂😂😂

Me: Wants to use bank

Random NPC: “I’m rich, you know”

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Clearly they want to be th eone to satisfy your banking needs.

😮 "Banking" needs... not only are these NPCs griefers, they've also taken to being those random ERPers who accost you at festival events and casually ask if you've ever thought about adding RP to your WvW and PvE.

• Haha 2

On 6/7/2021 at 6:47 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

1. Still, it goes against the ToS.  People should use the search function and contribute to existing threads.

2. That assumes that there is a problem.  Apparently, ANet doesn't believe so, else they would have rectified it.

3. Again, you could have used the search function to find the previous thread(s).  I doubt that the Devs have the time to cull through the forums and read multiple threads on the same topic over and over.  That's why there is a stickied QoL thread at the top of this very forum.

4. See #2

I think your next step  is to approach a forum moderator to merge duplicate threads rather than bloat a thread with responses that are essentially you repeating yourself without actually offering help (like linking to answers/threads or even the TOS in this case,).  This has the same energy of "use the Wiki", and to someone who may already have trouble locating the search function, might find what you're saying overwhelming. I will also add that encouraging people to necro threads which haven't been seen for a couple of weeks or implying they shouldn't have posted at all because some one else had the same complaint isn't helpful or healthy for a forum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i find easy skip portals.
anyway a debuff(or whateaver anet find easy implement) for those use portals in certains areas, would solve the issue. that debuff would prevent the portal caster from opening chests.
there no reason for anyone cast portal in areas like tarir loot area.

or 
 basically change portal skill cooldown for a debuff with a cooldown (like some gizmos work), that way other players will see who's the portal caster.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416