Why do we only get ONE Dragon Eye? [MERGED]

Hobin Rude.1672

I was working hard to get the Champions Mastery to get my Dragon Eye Infusion.
And when I finally got it I detected that its only ONE eye that I can pick and that I have no realistic chance to get a second one.
Is ANet making fun of us?

Eyes come in pairs, like hands, feet, legs and tits!
And noone wants just one of them! (with exception of pirates)

You will now say that there is a rare drop to get a second eye in Dragonstorm that you can than use as input to craft a second infusion.
Well, its so rare that the current price is 6500-6900 gold!
Most players will never have that kind of money or be that lucky to get this (very) rare drop.
So at the end 99% of all players will end up with one eye. WHY?
I will definetly not farm Dragonstorm for month to get one item, getting just more and more frustrated.
And before I get too frustrated, I will look for another way to spend my time...

The solution could be simple:
* sell the eye it in Gem Store (not my favorite solution, but it is a solution)
* make the eye or the box tradable (not everyone wants a dragon eye and that would make the price drop significantly)
* create a second achievment to get the second dragon eye (make it very hard, so you have to work for it)
* make it craftable with some expensive materials (just not that rare/expensive!)

Any comments from ANet about this?

Edited by Hobin Rude.1672
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

It is a little silly doing 300 drm's and all those little achievements just to get ONE eye. Knowing that there are 3 others. At least give someone a chance to have a matching pair.

But I assume it's just artificially extend the content as much as possible. Make people that REALLY want it do the content. I'm kind of surprised we got any at this point, but just one is pretty silly.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of them so it's not a big loss. There are already so many gemstore items you can get that give you glowing eyes, and for the essences there's so many gloves that are already glowing and significantly more noticeable than wearing the ascended accessory. The cape looked like something from vanilla WoW. The rewards in general were just terrible for this release and I think that's part of the reason I was so disappointed with it.

• Like 3

Hard work ? 300  drms ? What ? You need like 20 drms and maybe couple dragonstorm metas to finish the meta achievement, assuming you've never done any before. I finished both champions mastery and stretch goals in 3-4 days casually playing. And that's considering I wasn't grinding or doing any achievements for drms prior to that, just played each once at release + few CM's here and there. 

This is far from being hard or grindy, and you are rewarded appropriately. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like the level of customisation it offers, because you can have just 1 glowing eye (and choose which one) or both, or one fire and one ice. I don't like that getting all the options means getting the same rare drop 4 times.

I think they should have done it like Magnus's Eye Patch where the box gives you both the left and right patches and then you can choose which to apply. Maybe split it into two so you get both Jormag eyes or both Primordus eyes, but needing to get all 4 separately is too much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I like the level of customisation it offers, because you can have just 1 glowing eye (and choose which one) or both, or one fire and one ice. I don't like that getting all the options means getting the same rare drop 4 times.

I think they should have done it like Magnus's Eye Patch where the box gives you both the left and right patches and then you can choose which to apply. Maybe split it into two so you get both Jormag eyes or both Primordus eyes, but needing to get all 4 separately is too much.

Then they would prob do that you get both left eyes or right not two of the same.

IBS started with the Visage of the Khan Ur and the Heart of the Khan Ur Infusion, an extremely rare drop from a container. 

The second Infusion we received was the Frost Legion Infusion, quite expensive but craftable. No RNG involved.

Third try, the Deldrimor Stoneskin Infusion. No RNG involved again, but a small grind of DRM. 

Fourth and final try, Pristine Dragon's Eye Infusion. Rare drop from the meta-event, if a player bothered leveling the mastery completely. But also guaranteed loot for completing the meta-achievement. A fancy infusion that affects the character in a special way, without altering any of the gear-decisions. 

-

In my opinion, all approaches but the first worked out nicely. I would like to see those acquisition-methods in future content. You cannot satisfy everyone. But especially method three and four reach a wide spectrum of players. Even the crafting-option is a solid alternative to the, super-rare-drop. Just keep in mind the sand is also used for scribing XD.

I’ll keep this short and sweet. 

- Most people like myself, don’t like the RNG of obtaining this new infusion being so abysmally low. 

Possible Solution- Make those dragon eyes a gem-store skin(you’d make tons of money), since a lot of people love the design of the eyes. But here’s the thing, the gem-store version will be in place of your active head gear, so people would lose out on potentially pairing the eyes up with different head pieces.

Whereas the dragon eyes that drop as infusions will work as any other infusion. You can put it in your headgear and use both your active and unique headgear in combination with the dragon eye infusion.

EDIT: And for the gem store skins, you can add different variations. 1 skin can be (double frost) the other (double flame) another combination can be frost (left eye) and flame (right eye). ANET could make tons of money,

any thoughts guys?

Edited by AikijinX.6258

2 hours ago, AikijinX.6258 said:

I’ll keep this short and sweet. 

- Most people like myself, don’t like the RNG of obtaining this new infusion being so abysmally low. 

Possible Solution- Make those dragon eyes a gem-store skin(you’d make tons of money), since a lot of people love the design of the eyes. But here’s the thing, the gem-store version will be in place of your active head gear, so people would lose out on potentially pairing the eyes up with different head pieces.

Whereas the dragon eyes that drop as infusions will work as any other infusion. You can put it in your headgear and use both your active and unique headgear in combination with the dragon eye infusion.

EDIT: And for the gem store skins, you can add different variations. 1 skin can be (double frost) the other (double flame) another combination can be frost (left eye) and flame (right eye). ANET could make tons of money,

any thoughts guys?

They already have multiple glowing eye helmet skins. The reason people like the infusions is because they can potentially stack with those helmet skins. 

They should have just given two with the meta achievement and then let people grind/craft the other two. 

But I don't know what was wrong with the Deldrimor model. Just have it be currency you can grind out and trade in... I guess this way they can toss into an rng loot box later and give people an incentive to try for it later though. It seems to be their go-to to getting people to do drab content like world boss events. Toss an infusion in the mix and see how many suckers spam events until they get lucky. (Or give up because they realize it's a 0.0002% chance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

If I knew that there were two unique eyes to drop I would have waited to open the box. However, knowing that the rng for them is as abysmal as any other infusion drop, waiting to open it isn't feasible either.

I haven't open the box & I am not motivated to do Dragonstorm every day unless 50 or 100 completions = 1 eye.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That gives me an idea, basically the perfect solution for the issue: Put on the corresponding pirate eye patch (or goggle) to cover up that your other eye has got no infusion! 😂

I was actually considering doing that with my pirate norn. 😁

Then I started wondering if putting the infusion over the eye patch would work and if that would look really cool or stupid but never got around to trying it.

• Haha 1

Based on current information, I will now never open my free eye and I will not farm the dragonstorm wOrlD bOsS for more than a month so is this the great release IBS was suppose to be? I wish they had switched the rewards and given us 2 eyes and no free ascended amulet since most of us either have or can easily earn an ascended amulet. Wasted opportunity IMO like this entire saga.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 10:58 PM, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Based on current information, I will now never open my free eye and I will not farm the dragonstorm wOrlD bOsS for more than a month so is this the great release IBS was suppose to be? I wish they had switched the rewards and given us 2 eyes and no free ascended amulet since most of us either have or can easily earn an ascended amulet. Wasted opportunity IMO like this entire saga.

Its actually not an amulet, but an accessory.

• Thanks 1

Yes, i'am too stuck with one eye, no lucky drop for almost one month now (got mastery after 1 week from release) been doing this daily.... Either increase drop rate or give us something to do maybe "do daily 100 dragonstorms" for another account bound eye infusion or we can buy 1 per account for couple thousand tyrian defence seals ?

• Like 1

I too agree that giving players just one eye infusion feels a bit like getting served only half a meal. At the very least we should have gotten two so we can have a symmetrical look. My suggestions would be as follows:

• I noticed that the Dragonstorm achievement category does not have a meta-achievement, unlike say the Shatterer or Drakkar. Why not add one in, and give the reward as a choice between a Pristine Left/Right Eye that the player can use to create a companion eye infusion in addition to the meta-reward they get from the Champions meta-achieve.
  •  
  • The Icy/Fiery Dragon Slayer weapon collections are EXTREMELY long and expensive collections to complete. In recognition of how much effort they take to acquire, perhaps players can be given a choice of a Jormag/Primordus Left/Right Eye infusion upon completing the matching Icy/Fiery collection. If combined with the other suggestion above, this essentially gives players 4 potential infusions that they can then mix and match to their heart's desire. What's more, because the final infusions are account bound, it won't really affect the wider Pristine Eye markets because there will ALWAYS be those players who just want the shiny NOW and couldn't be bothered making the effort to complete the collections to get them.
  • Like 4

I literally don't use the dragon eye infusion because it looks ugly and so out of place with just one glowing eye.

I don't see the point of giving players half an infusion and the other half is gated by extremely rare drop chance.

I have enough gold to buy the eyes on TP, but it definitely doesn't seem worth it based on how mundane a tiny glowing spec is on your character's body.

Perhaps they should have done something similar to the Deldrimor skin infusion or increase the Pristine Dragon Eye drop, but make it accountbound on acquire. 

I feel the reason why they made it a really rare expensive drop is so that people will have an incentive to log in everyday to play that specific release. Maybe it can be seen as an excuse or the illusion that the Finale is "content".

Either way, I won't be using it with one eye, and I am fine with that. I will just get other skins and save for the new legendary weapons.

• 5 months later...

So if you do finally get both eyes what would you do? would you get them both the same or would you wear one red and one blue?

I do like the eye infusions. The flames coming out of the red eye look good and the flames are prominent.

Edited by Silver.3095

2 hours ago, Silver.3095 said:

So if you do finally get both eyes what would you do? would you get them both the same or would you wear one red and one blue?

I do like the eye infusions. The flames coming out of the red eye look good and the flames are prominent.

I got for both eyes, put both infusions on my legendary back piece, the blue ones look really neat on my thief 😄