Soo... I'm doing PvP legendary amulet for... nothing?

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Nonsense. You're doing it for the shiny red ball that goes with the shiny blue ball because you want big balls in your character's face. Right?

When I see 25+ PUGs not push a 10 man PUG group... first thing that comes to mind is they got none.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

It could be valuable in 2 ways:

1) You can skip the meta achieve for the neck.
2) It gives you an alternative appearance/option for the slot (not really worth 77 clovers IMO, but still good).

I think I'm still going to complete mine just because I was never going to upgrade to the visual version, so then I'll have a "quiet" neck and a "loud" neck depending on what I want in the slot.

Also if you've been working on ascension in tandem, you kind of get it for free along the way. That's actually how I got mine. But if you haven't been, I'm really sorry. Ascension achieves are level gated, meaning if you didn't finish the previous level's reqs, additional victories don't go towards the next levels' (I would have been done much sooner if this was the case.).

Edited by Firebeard.1746

2 hours ago, Xarfai.8471 said:

Same here. And it also costs about 1.500 Gold 😕

We still do not know what will be ahead to finish the amulet. If ANet decides to let us do another very expensive collection for the higher tiers, or we need to add the usual components for legendary crafting, there could still be comparable price attached to the amulet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daniel.9240 said:

If legendary armory is what I think it will be... My efforts are practically nullified by a pve event?

PD: ty

What's even worse is that the new PvE legendary amulet requires you to play joke of a story full of unskippable dialogues called living world with annoying "ally" characters that I want to kill more than the presumed "villains" and dragons. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Kyrios.8736 said:

What's even worse is that the new PvE legendary amulet requires you to play joke of a story full of unskippable dialogues called living world with annoying "ally" characters that I want to kill more than the presumed "villains" and dragons. 

See? And now you know why someone might want to go for the PvP one instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

There will likely be a resource sink for later achievements in the meta.

Maybe, but then again you literally have no way to tell right now, so not sure what's the point of making these claims 🙄

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

You do it for the ball. Otherwise a Blood Ruby Pendant and Mist Pendant already had the same capability.

It's the only way to use an enrichment (i.e. Otter / Koda) with cosmetics in more than one template.

Blood Ruby Pendant / Mist Pendant can't do that.

13 minutes ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

For the longest, certain legendary items could only be won through PvP and WvW.  I don't think it too much to ask if PvE player are afforded the same.

Yes that would be fair. I assume you will also accept the fairness of PvE loot being nerfed by 90% so that you top out at around 5g/h instead of 50g/h so that you can avoid being 6h or so in WvW/sPvP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3