Taimi is supposed to be more and more sick, did they forget about it?

Aodlop.1907

For alot of players Taimi is their most favorite character because she's realistic. Asura tech aside, she's the character with the most realistic personality of them all.

Most of the other characters were better in LS1-2 but have felt forced since then.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 3

On 6/15/2021 at 1:40 AM, Bast.7253 said:

You would think Aurene would be able to "brand" her and conserve her somehow. She may still walk with a limp but you'd think if she had a crystalline body she wouldn't have to worry about muscle decay.

Okay now I'm picturing Aurene-Jesus modestly sitting in a tant, with people queuing outside to be branded-healed by their Lady and Saviour.  

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Pax.3548 said:

I repeat myself, of the thousands of thousands of players, few are active on the forums, and I respecto your opinion, but "we" want her alive and well

Ok so we can make an arrangement

''we'' let taimi live and ''we''slaughter braham with a shovel?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

For alot of players Taimi is their most favorite character because she's realistic. Asura tech aside, she's the character with the most realistic personality of them all.

Most of the other characters were better in LS1-2 but have felt forced since then.

afterwards I agree to say that in guild wars 2 very few characters are outstanding allies so taimi remains one of the most developed.

Apart from rytlock, eir and caithe, none marked me positively. There are only enemies that make me like them: joko, lazarus and balthazar and they were very badly exploited .

it was totally different on guild wars 1 where I was attached to a lot of characters.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

At the risk of being hypocritical, very well.  Don't hate Braham personally, don't really like him either.

Its the same for me actually, I don't dislike him, but I can't really say I like him too, though I would like to see him with a beard and act more norn"viking" way 😆

8 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

The Norn in general aren't very viking-ish in general anymore, imo.  Haven't been in a while.

The ones outside Hoelbrak and the surrounding areas indeed, the last years all norns we've seen have left Hoelbrak in one way or another, leaving their traditional norn"viking" attitude behind, but I believe in the shiverpeaks their traditional culture still stands

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 9:36 AM, Hannelore.8153 said:

Is that confirmed? I find hard to believe but who knows. I would argue she feels least realistic unless she has some serious mental disorder (no shame on mental disorders of course - I just think her behaviour is not accordant to the ongoing events most of the times). But yes I guess it depends on personal reception

I liked Taimi in the past. But the constant 'Taimi ex machina' solving all problems, with you just being muscle tires me.

Let her go. Maybe retire with Gorrik's babies. Or changing braindead Zojja's diapers. I don't care.

Replaying LW2 makes me realize how much I liked Kasmeer and Marjory - and that Taimi wasn't always too bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don‘t really care about Taimi. I‘ve never really been fond of any Asura overwhelmingly portrayed in the game. Having inquest everywhere doesn‘t help.

Snaff and Kranxx however are great.

As for Braham: I like him. Probably my favourite DW member. As dumb as he may sometimes act, he gets stuff done and isn‘t just there to ride along. He speaks his mind and acts upon what he thinks is best. I‘m glad Anet decided against killing him off in the finale.

(I really hope Marjory gets a similiar (in length) character arc in EoD. The only time I‘ve felt her being her own character was when she volunteered to go with „Lazarus“. Aside from that, she‘s always been „just there“, in my opinion.)

• Thanks 2

I do believe Braham and Taimi have long reached beyond their purpose in the storyline and should retire since a good amount of dragon's watch can be considered retired at this point. Rox, for example, even admits herself she has retired from the group. However, I don't agree with the only solution being to kill them off just because they are disliked.

It is such a bland and one-sided solution to storytelling as if the only people allowed to live in the fictional world are people who players like or are not offended by. Such a narrow type of world in a story is so bland because the life of a NPC in that world ends up being determined by who the Player likes or dislikes.

If the NPC appease the Player and make the player like them then they live but if you anger the Player in anyway they die. 

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Could we maybe plant Taimi into Braham? Like, replace his head and upper torso, and turn him into a golem, basically? That'd be neat.

"As testing has shown, while the average male Norn torso is capable of adequately supporting an Asura, it lacks the fine motor skills to perform tasks eqvivalent to golems even if you perfect a neural interface. Further testing also show that female Norn torsos are considerably more comfortable due to extented feet space." - exerpt from Inquest study "What Use Is A Norn? A Study Of Biomechanical Viability." 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure Taimi is going to end up as a golem. They’ve been setting it up for a while. 1) Random college friend Blish, although a very likeable character, is introduced and quickly removed from the story to establish precedent for sentient consciousness existing in a golem 2) Taimi says that Blish is beautiful and doesn’t have to worry about “life’s frailties” 3) Taimi’s condition suddenly gets worse in S4E4 4) and then…. iCeBroOd sAgA?? I guess we’re still waiting on the part when Gorrik performs the procedure on Taimi. Maybe Anet wants them to fall in love first for some reason re: conversations in the final instance of IBS.

This is what im pretty sure is going to happen given the story elements they’ve chosen. Now what I’d LIKE to see, is them needing to test the procedure out first before using it on Taimi. How about on say… Zojja? Zojja aint getting any better and the former Inquest Gorrik, being the…. pragmatist that he is, wouldn’t see a moral dilemma with this. However, this would pave the way for an interesting story about moral experimentation vs. not-having-any-other-real-choice before Taimi dies of this terminal illness. The result could Zojja hating her former protégé for what she did to her, creating an actual conflict between characters. Oh yeah, and replacing Felicia Day’s voice actress with some golem modulation lol.

• Like 3

On 6/14/2021 at 3:36 PM, Orack.9756 said:

Taimi : One of the greatest scientist of their time.

Also Taimi : Can't creat an exo-leg to stop limp  outside of her Robot.

One of the many weird thing in the story that make it impossible to get "in" or get sympaty for characters to me and many friends..

also is weird theres few references to asura tech in medicinal area in general, theyre more like "mini charr", everything is just about war and machines.

• Like 2

I don't know everything about archetype topology and narrative topography but it looks like this bath house is packed with satiated No Faces. Taimi isn't yours to eat. Eating her would not stop the bath house from using Auran magiphysics to cover up the problems with the plumbing.

No-faces are a challenge but they will always be agents facing a relatability and competency dilemma. I embrace myself as a cell in the No Face body. The creatives are the bath house. The bath house is responsible for maintaining The Theme: immutable codependency insists on game-play. Overall character topology has degraded into a No face sludge. Taimi and Aurene are almost No faces; at best, rag dolls. We need to take Tyria and NPC characters more seriously and we can't expect No faces with gullets packed with combat logic to spontaneously care about controlling their appetite. Or to understand that character dimension is needed for positive sum The Thematic game-play.

Lack of leverage is a distinct feature of No face's archetype topology. In the last DRM, NPCs make a "joke" that is actually a commonly used test of the protagonist's awareness of their position in The Theme. It is used to generate expansive narrative topography. The Commander responds with the ideal No face response. "Do you see me?" A response that can't provide leverage.

Imo, the bath house's approach to the PC protagonist paradigm contributes to the negative sum sludge. I know this is criticism and hope it displays a love for the dilemma. I know the narrative has improved. Braham and the Commander shared moments of genuine chemistry. The emotional stakes are there. The leap of faith into Braham's topology is beautiful. Fix the kittening plot and them logic. If the bath house wants Mad Max: Fury Road clarity of The Theme we need reliable world logic and a functioning protagonist.

Edited by Psientist.6437
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

On 6/15/2021 at 1:40 AM, Bast.7253 said:

You would think Aurene would be able to "brand" her and conserve her somehow. She may still walk with a limp but you'd think if she had a crystalline body she wouldn't have to worry about muscle decay.

Or she can use the magic she got from Joko and turn Taimi into Awakened.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Or she can use the magic she got from Joko and turn Taimi into Awakened.

It's hard to say but I think the magic she got from Joko was just the immortality. The ability to turn people into awakened and fleshcrafting I feel like is more of a general necromancy thing. And with him living so long and being royalty probably had access to really good teachers. 

Why his necromancy skills are seemingly on par with Zhaitan is a bit weird and makes it seem as though it came from the magic he had, but I still think the magic was just immortality-related.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Psientist.6437 said:

I don't know everything about archetype topology and narrative topography but it looks like this bath house is packed with satiated No Faces. Taimi isn't yours to eat. Eating her would not stop the bath house from using Auran magiphysics to cover up the problems with the plumbing.

No-faces are a challenge but they will always be agents facing a relatability and competency dilemma. I embrace myself as a cell in the No Face body. The creatives are the bath house. The bath house is responsible for maintaining The Theme: immutable codependency insists on game-play. Overall character topology has degraded into a No face sludge. Taimi and Aurene are almost No faces; at best, rag dolls. We need to take Tyria and NPC characters more seriously and we can't expect No faces with gullets packed with combat logic to spontaneously care about controlling their appetite. Or to understand that character dimension is needed for positive sum The Thematic game-play.

Lack of leverage is a distinct feature of No face's archetype topology. In the last DRM, NPCs make a "joke" that is actually a commonly used test of the protagonist's awareness of their position in The Theme. It is used to generate expansive narrative topography. The Commander responds with the ideal No face response. "Do you see me?" A response that can't provide leverage.

Imo, the bath house's approach to the PC protagonist paradigm contributes to the negative sum sludge. I know this is criticism and hope it displays a love for the dilemma. I know the narrative has improved. Braham and the Commander shared moments of genuine chemistry. The emotional stakes are there. The leap of faith into Braham's topology is beautiful. Fix the kittening plot and them logic. If the bath house wants Mad Max: Fury Road clarity of The Theme we need reliable world logic and a functioning protagonist.

Wut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

It's hard to say but I think the magic she got from Joko was just the immortality. The ability to turn people into awakened and fleshcrafting I feel like is more of a general necromancy thing. And with him living so long and being royalty probably had access to really good teachers. 

It's not. It has been addressed at some point in GW1. Basically, his necromancy and immortality magic are completely unique - his Awakened have nothing to do with normal necromantic undead, with old Orrian undead, or with Zhaitan Risen. It is not really known where he got this magic from, though.