Revenant elite spec for end of dragons

Kay Lyang.3615

12 hours ago, phokus.8934 said:

And completely break the game.

We are not getting water weapons or off-hands as main-hands, or any other crazy concept people are thinking of.

As much as I wouldn’t want it, Revenant is probably getting a mid-range greatsword.  My hope is that they will get scepter but wouldn’t be upset if double pistol was a thing.

No it wouldn't be broken, ArenaNet devs know their stuff, I still have faith on them

Edited by Touchme.1097
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

On 6/29/2021 at 8:03 AM, Touchme.1097 said:

Why stopping at 1 Greatsword? Double that, 2 Greatswords one on each hand. It would be perfect for great fashion wars and cosplays

We already have that.

Some of the sword skins already are over-sized.

We don't need the clown grip they forced down all Fury Warriors' throats in WoW.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

We already have that.

We don't need the clown grip they forced down all Fury Warriors' throats in WoW.

Please don't speak in plural form, address yourself as one person. You may not like the idea but I do.

• Like 2

As someone wrote above, Anet didn't give rev GS intentionally for reasons, I guess that doesn't entirely rule it out. However I am curious to weather rev will actually get GS.

I don't think they are gonna give revs a mid range GS because u got midrange combat with renegade. 

If we look at what revs had so far. A mid range weapon and a offhand shield. 

Imho the next likely options would prolly be a long ranged weapon, a mainhand weapon or a 2handed weapon. 

2handed weapon all that's left is Greatsword realistically. 

mainhand weapons would be dagger or Axe. 

long ranged weapon would be rifle or longbow. 

I find it unlikely they will get another bow so prolly reduce that to rifle as a only contender. 

THis is why I wonder if they will just go back on their original statement and just do Greatsword.. we will have to wait and see realistically. But it's looking more favourable then other options

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/1/2021 at 7:25 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

We already have that.

You are aware there are far more people who like titans grip in WoW then do right? It's very bold to try and act like many are on the same side as you. 

Titans grip was amazing and distinctive. And if rev got that I wouldn't be unhappy, it'd create a solid look that only rev has 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

You are aware there are far more people who like titans grip in WoW then do right? It's very bold to try and act like many are on the same side as you. 

Titans grip was amazing and distinctive. And if rev got that I wouldn't be unhappy, it'd create a solid look that only rev has 

This game is not getting that ever so we can stop that discussion as it’s meaningless.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, phokus.8934 said:

This game is not getting that ever so we can stop that discussion as it’s meaningless.

likely not.. i doubt gw2 Engine would allow for it. but to act like its a horrific idea overall implying everyone would agree with him i felt was alittle far fetched.

and considering ontop of this its Player perception what they'd want the elite to be you can put forward any idea u'd like to see :p. I think its fine considering, people like to say "this game will never get X" but u arent a dev. u dont know what is and isnt on the table.

once upon a time no one thought this game would see Mounts, when leaks arrived surrounding Weaver people called BS.. yet Anet have delievered on both ideas. just because u dont like the idea of something doesnt mean its "Never ever gonna happen". their selling a Expansion to people.. they'll deliever to make those sales.

Ofcourse there isnt a massive scream for this sorta gameplay

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

likely not.. i doubt gw2 Engine would allow for it. but to act like its a horrific idea overall implying everyone would agree with him i felt was alittle far fetched.

and considering ontop of this its Player perception what they'd want the elite to be you can put forward any idea u'd like to see :p. I think its fine considering, people like to say "this game will never get X" but u arent a dev. u dont know what is and isnt on the table.

once upon a time no one thought this game would see Mounts, when leaks arrived surrounding Weaver people called BS.. yet Anet have delievered on both ideas. just because u dont like the idea of something doesnt mean its "Never ever gonna happen". their selling a Expansion to people.. they'll deliever to make those sales.

Ofcourse there isnt a massive scream for this sorta gameplay

Mounts are vastly different than a significant overhaul to gameplay mechanics, equipment, sigils, traits - the list goes on.

There's something to be said about ideas that don't make sense in the game and this is one of them.  Let's be at least somewhat realistic.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, phokus.8934 said:

Mounts are vastly different than a significant overhaul to gameplay mechanics, equipment, sigils, traits - the list goes on.

There's something to be said about ideas that don't make sense in the game and this is one of them.  Let's be at least somewhat realistic.

well yes i agreed at the top i'd be suprised if the engine could run it currently, but depending on games lifespan depends how far they have to go with these designs overall

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 12:11 PM, Mediahead.3542 said:

I've posted about this on here numerous times before, but what I want is an asura-themed elite spec centered around the golemancers, Oola and Zinn.

I think it's a great idea in its own right and Asura and Norn still don't have an associated legend. Additionally the only playable Asura like tech abilities are with Holosmith.

IMO Kalla's temporary pets on CDs are not really pets at all. So a real pet legend hasn't been done yet and golems would be marvellous. Pre PoF I thought that maybe Norn spirits could be cool as pets, but Kalla's not-quite-pets have already kind of gone there thematically speaking so.... it's gotta be golems!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Uruk.3215 said:

I'd personally love a melee greatsword weapon and Svanir as the elite legend! Power greatsword build, let's go! 

So werebear? That could be interesting.

And for all that some seem deathly allergic of the idea of greatswords, there is that awesome leafy greatsword skin. I wouldn't hate being able to use that.

Pre PoF I really thought they'd have given us Eir.

Female. Norn. Part of the story and someone everyone would recognise. Meanwhile, Kalla who?

Personally I don't care about legend gender in the slightest, but at this point if they release a third female "elite" legend it might look unbalanced. Though if their goal was female supremacy, deviating from the base profession's much more appealing, largely cooldown free design was a huge mistake.

But yeah. Svanir wearbear could be interesting.

Edited by Caeledh.5437
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 4:00 AM, Kay Lyang.3615 said:

what do you guys think will be the elite spec of rev in this expansion then?

I can't help but feel like they will use the revenant elite spec to put the final nail in the coffin for a ritualist class... We'll get end up channeling Master Togo as our new legend stance and we'll get a Scepter as our new weapon... and of course the legend skills will all be based on the Ritualist's toolkit... The new elite spec unique feature will most likely be either a repurposing of GW1 Ritualist weapon spells or Urns either option would grant effects based on your active legend...

• Like 3

My Guess is it's either going to be GS or dagger.

People have been asking for GS on Rev for ages. Tons of ways it could be implemented. Plus it would just look cool. I could see GS getting implemented as a Land-version of trident, where skills change based on the legend you have equipped.

Dagger is the only other mainhand or offhand that would make sense for Revenant, if they want to go more burst DPS route.  I personally find this an inferior choice to GS since Rev already has dual-swords, but hey that didn't stop it from working on Spellbreaker so if the design team does a decent job at it Daggers would be good on Rev.

Everything else makes less sense. Rifles/Pistols don't make sense on a class that is supposed to be more "mystical", plus we already have a ranged power weapon and just got a ranged condi/hybrid weapon in the current expac. So a ranged  weapon is very unlikely. Scepter doesn't fit heavy armor classes at all and would just feel inferior to the staff that Revenant already has. Warhorn would be trolling. Torch makes little sense as Rev mace already does what you would expect a torch to do.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

My Guess is it's either going to be GS or dagger.

People have been asking for GS on Rev for ages. Tons of ways it could be implemented. Plus it would just look cool. I could see GS getting implemented as a Land-version of trident, where skills change based on the legend you have equipped.

Dagger is the only other mainhand or offhand that would make sense for Revenant, if they want to go more burst DPS route.  I personally find this an inferior choice to GS since Rev already has dual-swords, but hey that didn't stop it from working on Spellbreaker so if the design team does a decent job at it Daggers would be good on Rev.

Everything else makes less sense. Rifles/Pistols don't make sense on a class that is supposed to be more "mystical", plus we already have a ranged power weapon and just got a ranged condi/hybrid weapon in the current expac. So a ranged  weapon is very unlikely. Scepter doesn't fit heavy armor classes at all and would just feel inferior to the staff that Revenant already has. Warhorn would be trolling. Torch makes little sense as Rev mace already does what you would expect a torch to do.

Except guardians have scepter and it works.  A mid-range scepter makes more sense than a greatsword but we will find out in a few weeks what the new specs are.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/24/2021 at 11:53 AM, Thornwolf.9721 said:

The leak claims its a duel dagger, stealth legend based around a Legendary Naga character. Of which I doubt (perhaps due to there not being any noteworthy snek people that we know of who could fill the role. Unless they McGuffin a character out of thin air and claim it happened between the two games kinda like kalla.) 

Hanashi Coralfin would qualify. We don't know much about her because we didn't interact much with naga culture in GW1 except through violence, but she's basically the reason that the naga aren't extinct. Bringing a race back from the brink of extinction, transforming their culture in the process, is probably sufficient to qualify as a legend.

Some people have already mentioned it's highly unlikely we'll get a Canthan-based legend because of the fact that we already have one and all the e-specs we've gotten for Rev have not been based on the expansion that it comes with. Same with other classes. As for weapons, hoping for dual daggers or perhaps a scepter or dual pistols for magic-based mist powered bullets. I'm still very anti-GS. Even if we get it, I won't use it. Ever. At least not on Rev, anyway.

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Kanok.3027 said:

Some people have already mentioned it's highly unlikely we'll get a Canthan-based legend because of the fact that we already have one and all the e-specs we've gotten for Rev have not been based on the expansion that it comes with  

I don’t think anyone can make this claim about Glint since both her and her legacy are of central importance to both ls2/HoT/LS3. Tarir is explicitly created to serve Glint’s Legacy.  Maguuma definitely had big ties to Glint because of this.  Glint is definitely more expansion relevant than say, Chronomancer. 

Renegade definitely isn’t relevant to PoF though, outside of a few thematic similarities. I’d say it’s about 50/50 whether or not the next legend will be Canthan related or not