Is there a way to reset "Death count"?

I'm working on a "0 deaths challenge" where... well, I try to stay alive so long as it's possible, but after 103 hours I have died in Bitter Harvest due to BUG. I was just chasing Faolain and I instantly died, killed by floor where I was supposed to go (no, it wasn't that big spinning thing, I died on a regular ROAD).

My challenge is destroyed but it wasn't my fault. I want to get my stats clear in /deaths, because it feels pretty lame to fail that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just pretend the 1 is a 0.

It's your own challenge anyways, so does it really matter? Nobody else can see your death count 😄

Afaik, folks who do these iron man/zero death challenges often count glitch related deaths as legit, so they just reroll if such a thing happens.

brutal af, but isn't it supposed to be that way 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Right now, the only way to reset this is by deleting and remaking the character. Alternatively, you could keep a notepad of erroneous deaths and subtract them from your in-game death count when tallying your progress.

That was going to be my suggestion. There's no way to remove it, but since you're the one setting the rules of the challenge it's up to you whether glitch deaths count.

If it was me I'd keep a note of what happened, just so later on if you forget and 'rediscover' that they actually did die once you can refer back to it and remind yourself that it wasn't a valid death and that's why you kept going.

Also well done on getting that far! I've started no death challenges a few times and either messed it up doing something stupid or gave up and deleted the character relatively early on (certainly before level 80). I do still have my survivor character from GW1 who finished all 3 campaigns (in nomal mode) without dying but now I'm not playing that game as much I'm too paranoid to use her for anything except festivals. But in GW2 I've never managed to do it.

• Like 1

Tried the same with my tank/healer renegade (full map completion, full story completion, living included)... I've only died once at the lasers trying to reach the newborn mushroom hero point because I didn't want to do the event lol... 99% of the deahts on this character are from /gg 🙂

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, hash.8462 said:

Tried the same with my tank/healer renegade (full map completion, full story completion, living included)... I've only died once at the lasers trying to reach the newborn mushroom hero point because I didn't want to do the event lol... 99% of the deahts on this character are from /gg 🙂

Well, stupid deaths are the hardest to avoid, like being CCed while gliding.

2 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

I'm working on a "0 deaths challenge" where... well, I try to stay alive so long as it's possible, but after 103 hours I have died in Bitter Harvest due to BUG. I was just chasing Faolain and I instantly died, killed by floor where I was supposed to go (no, it wasn't that big spinning thing, I died on a regular ROAD).

My challenge is destroyed but it wasn't my fault. I want to get my stats clear in /deaths, because it feels pretty lame to fail that way.

Come to WvW, we'll help get that number up for ya 🙂

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Come to WvW, we'll help get that number up for ya 🙂

Nah, those type of character challances are for pve, not for wvw...

I have other ones for that task (with thousands of deaths of course).

Edited by hash.8462

If there was a way to reset this without deleting, your deathless run would have way less prestige behind it when you accomplish the feat.

That being said, I'd say the bug is a true death. Bugs happened and the part of the pretige and process is avoiding bugs.

Not the most positive answer but an honest one.

3 hours ago, Valefore.1283 said:

If there was a way to reset this without deleting, your deathless run would have way less prestige behind it when you accomplish the feat.

That being said, I'd say the bug is a true death. Bugs happened and the part of the pretige and process is avoiding bugs.

Not the most positive answer but an honest one.

Yeah, imagine if the game had a permadeath option at character creation and this thread was "Is it possible to restore a permadeath character? My character died due to a bug"

9 hours ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

I didn't even know there was a "death count" in-game, and I started playing years ago xD

You have to type /deaths into chat, then it will tell you how many times that character has died.

I'm not entirely sure why it's there, as far as I know it only gets used for no death challenges (which Anet don't officially support) and for people to be surprised at how high/low their count is on normal characters.

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

You have to type /deaths into chat, then it will tell you how many times that character has died.

I'm not entirely sure why it's there, as far as I know it only gets used for no death challenges (which Anet don't officially support) and for people to be surprised at how high/low their count is on normal characters.

Maybe for the achievement, 'Lifetime Survivor'?  Though, you don't really need much of a count for that.