New legendary amulet is unthoughtful? gave up on PvP?

Lighter.5631

PvP is the only mode with only one trinket.

WvW can replace PvE ring by getting two conflux,

and PvE has the most trinkets, 3.

yet you add another PvE trinket to replace the PvP's one and only trinket?..

i have all trinket except one, but it just feels weird to me like you gave up on the mode.

as it is the only one and unique trinket that attract people.

while other modes have multiple.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I feel it's also incentive for people to use the armory. More legendaries you have, the more you'll want to keep getting them, or least. That's how i see it. It's been making me work on the tiger shortbow, and snake scepter I've been putting off.

I also hate pvp with a passion. So free legendary for doing all the new achievements? Right up my alley.

Edited by Skoll.6754
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

it is an incentive for people to try out pvp, and maybe they will like it and stick, just like conflux.

Can confirm. Started for legendary amulet and backpiece. Got backpiece, heard PvE amulet was being added, kept playing pvp regardless. 

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

If people play sPvP just to get the legendary trinket I feel sad for them.

Why? It did not take too long for me. I rather feel sorry for anyone replaying the story and listening to these poorly designed characters. Oh - and the jumping puzzles on top - nty 

• Thanks 3

I hope what Anet have done is work their way up to a full set of legendary trinkets shared between the 3 game modes and what they're going to do from this point on is keeping adding different variants so eventually it will be possible to get a full set in your chosen game mode, like it is with armour.

So now we get a PvE amulet, maybe next time we'll get a PvP ring or a WvW accessory, and keep adding them until we've got 3 full sets of trinkets.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

that's not the point tho. most pvp veterans have full pvp legendary armor

It kind of is though. Why does sPvP need Legendaries when none of the features that come with them can even be used in that game mode?  Surely there are better things which Anet can do for that game mode other than add Legendaries. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

that's not the point tho. most pvp veterans have full pvp legendary armor

It is the point, because if you only want to play pvp, stacking legendary trinkets doesn't even make much sense for you. If you want to limit yourself to one specific mode and then pretend it's "us vs them" (pvp vs wvw vs pve) then it's your choice.

9 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

yet you add another PvE trinket to replace the PvP's one and only trinket?

And adding another one isn't "replacing".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

As someone that not that long ago made the legendary it feels like a kick in the nut, in hindsight its a waste of 2k gold from me as I will get a new one for free, Personally I think we should be able to choose what legendary we get ring/ammy/accessory 
so that everyone will choose which game mode they like the least and act on that.

Think about it this way.
There is 6 legendary trinkets.
Amulet -> pvp
Backpack -> pvp/wvw/fractals( pve )
Ring -> 1 from pve, 1 from wvw
Accessory -> 2x from pve.
By giving EVERYONE free legendary amulet, we invalidate pvp players as its their thing to get legendary amulet. Its one thing to give us a new way of getting it, and another way to get it for FREE.I will get it anyways as I like doing achievements and I will have 2.
Legendary salvaging when btw? what will happen to people with 2 legendary amulets with armory ?

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It is the point, because if you only want to play pvp, stacking legendary trinkets doesn't even make much sense for you. If you want to limit yourself to one specific mode and then pretend it's "us vs them" (pvp vs wvw vs pve) then it's your choice.

95% of the pvp players dont only play pvp

but a bigger percentage of PvE players only play PvE.

the unique pvp amulet is the incentive for players from other mode to play PvP.

Adding yet another PvE amulet is way to limit PvEers to only PvE, not the another way around.

PvE now is one ring away from being completely legendary trinket independent from other modes.

Edited by Lighter.5631

4 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

95% of the pvp players dont only play pvp

Ok, at which point I don't see the problem?

4 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

but a bigger percentage of PvE players only play PvE.

the unique pvp amulet is the incentive for players from other mode to play PvP.

Adding yet another PvE amulet is way to limit PvEers to only PvE, not the another way around.

The fact remains that pvp mode is the LAST place suitable for legendary acquisition, because it's not even utilized there, which is why it's a weird thing to complain about if you want to look for proof of "giving up on a mode" or being "unthoughtful". That's just not it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok, at which point I don't see the problem?

?the problem is that pvp population is decreasing, thus need attraction to make pve players to try pvp?...

by adding an pve amulet, nulify the attraction as pve can just play pve to get amulet..aka "limit to only one mode" quote from you.

you seem to not understand, it it is pvp that need more player, not pve, not the other way around..?...

Edited by Lighter.5631

15 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

?the problem is that pvp population is decreasing, thus need attraction to make pve players to try pvp?...

by adding an pve amulet, nulify the attraction as pve can just play pve to get amulet..aka "limit to only one mode" quote from you.

you seem to not understand, it it is pvp that need more player, not pve, not the other way around..?...

So there was (and is. And for the next ~5 months it still be the only way to get it) that amulet, did pvp suddenly thrived? Or maybe just added afkers/bots (IF even that) that didn't want to pvp anyways, got what they wanted to get and left?

You seem to constantly dodge the fact that adding legendary items to pvp -while I don't have much against it, because w/e- doesn't make a lot of sense in the first place.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So there was (and is. And for the next ~5 months it still be the only way to get it) that amulet, did pvp suddenly thrived? Or maybe just added afkers/bots (IF even that) that didn't want to pvp anyways, got what they wanted to get and left?

...........................yes, just remove all attraction for pvp....let it die like it should, good job.

bots are here for gold, not amulet, we should remove gold too, and remove legendaries from ToL and ascended gears, nobody need that here 

you are as wise as it gets, i wish to be you.😂

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

...........................yes, just remove all attraction for pvp....let it die like it should, good job.

bots are here for gold, not amulet, we should remove gold too, and remove legendaries from ToL and ascended gears, nobody need that here 

you are as wise as it gets, i wish to be you.😂

Nobody is "removing attraction for pvp" by adding pve amulet in half a year, buddy. Lay off your awful attempts at sarcastic remarks and feel free to address what I actually said aaaaany time now ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

More legendaries for a mode that makes zero use of legendaries is probably not a good idea, especially while people that have played PvP for years don't want to deal with the rampant scourge and bunker everything degeneracy after Feb 2020 .

PvP could probably use more skins , possibly gizmo-like items, and sinks for league tickets now that legendary armor is going to be superfluous past the first set rather than more legendaries. The looping byzantium liquid gold reward should probably be removed in favor of mystic coins or have diminishing returns, but that's a separate issue with respect to people spamming hundreds of games.

One of my guild leaders played in Tournament of Legends and said half the competition was scourges. In his words: "I wasted 2 hours of my life for a llama".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

It kind of is though. Why does sPvP need Legendaries when none of the features that come with them can even be used in that game mode?  Surely there are better things which Anet can do for that game mode other than add Legendaries. 

I made them to play every Stat comp in wvw and to do easily raids, only because I mainly play pvp its not that I don't maybe want to Play somewhere else in the game

+ the purple color of my armors name feels cooler 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

As someone that not that long ago made the legendary it feels like a kick in the nut, in hindsight its a waste of 2k gold from me as I will get a new one for free, Personally I think we should be able to choose what legendary we get ring/ammy/accessory 
so that everyone will choose which game mode they like the least and act on that.

Think about it this way.
There is 6 legendary trinkets.
Amulet -> pvp
Backpack -> pvp/wvw/fractals( pve )
Ring -> 1 from pve, 1 from wvw
Accessory -> 2x from pve.
By giving EVERYONE free legendary amulet, we invalidate pvp players as its their thing to get legendary amulet. Its one thing to give us a new way of getting it, and another way to get it for FREE.I will get it anyways as I like doing achievements and I will have 2.
Legendary salvaging when btw? what will happen to people with 2 legendary amulets with armory ?

Just want to point out it is not FREE, you still must do multiple achievements to get the amulet, the cost is time not materials you can swipe for if needed.

• Haha 1