Hot take: Ele is the new Ranger.

DanAlcedo.3281

We all know the meme that is Ranger in Zergs. 

But let me tell you that lately, Ele took Rangers places as a walking joke. 

With Longbow 5 ignoring LoS, taking Towers and other objects has never been easier. 

What is Siege when your enemy can't hide it behind walls? Worthless it is. 

You always want a Ranger or two in your squad if you intend to ppt. 

What about Ele? 

Weaver does dmg. That's it. 

And not even good dmg, as staff is so bad as a weapon. 

Weaver has no utility like other dmg options. 

It can't compete with Scourge or any Rev build. 

Tempest is majorly outclassed by Firebrand and Scrapper. 

It heals and cleanses just fine but that's it. 

There is nothing more to find here.

No Stab, No reflect walls/bubbles, no stealth /smoke fields, almost no superspeed, small variety of boons and so much more that tempest is lacking. 

I simply see no reason as to why someone would bring an Ele to a zergfight these days. 

TLDR: Ele is the new Ranger. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

26 minutes ago, hobotnicax.7918 said:

Only people who can't play ranger think it's bad in zergs.

Alot of people play ranger cause they think they will kill everything easilly at range, theres alot but really alot  wafull rangers outide pve....

But those who know the class and how can it be efective are really easy to spot them...even core rangers that know  how 2 play, saome even baited me to pull my anti range dome to kill me with unblockables or spike when im supporting an ally.

For example I just died to a group of rangers some mins ago (for sure they were a group in coms about 3probably) and i was inside a tower defending from a zerg still, they didnt liked the cata hitting the rams from inner and they spiked with a good barrage (with breaked LoS)and for sure they used with quikness... had no chace there since  took me some time to get out and i didnt take account criple  :S,  cata took like 70% maybe more damage in just a few 3-4sec, was a good call spike must say.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Immortal condi immune eles have no problems replacing rangers as the better roamer so... fair play?

Nothing would be immortal........while playing necro, if rather than spamm off CD while running in circles or backward, people would actually pay attention to what the opponent is doing, like what attunement , defense used etc etc....ofc it's easier to spamm off CD and then claim everything is OP when things don't drop dead to the braindead spam

P.S

There is an "immortal ele" for every 100 necros, and for certain whoever this ele may be....he will be somebody with 2k wvw rank min, some pvp titles etc etc.....nobody can jump on ele and perform to "immortal" levels from day 1 , anybody can jump on a scourge/necro and claim to be the next hot thing ...lol

Played necro for like 50 hrs, not an expert but...I was winning duels/zerg fight from day 1 playing core necro lol...why don't you take a new player and let him perform on ele after 50 hrs? I dare you!

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

They are a chore and not enjoyable to play well in a zerg thou .

Cool, but how is this a problem then? If you acknowledge that something is good or even just good enough, but you subjectively don't like it for whatever reason ("it's a chore") then pick something you enjoy instead.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Which has what to do with anything? 

I dont measure the strength of a class by how good a new player is at it. I measure it by the best.

How convenient and smart of you....but that's not how it work, there is a thing called time/effort relation to judge precisely something, it is surely harder to become a certified doctor than a fitness instructor and yet both work with the human body, now should the doctor be rewarded the same as the instructor...it doesn't work that way. It is easy to be good on necro, less time and effort compared to ele and that's why there is one good ele for every 100 necros, this is the only uncomfortable truth.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I guess at least ranger has a stealth field but the players of ranger seem to lack knowledge of this where you find most ele players have more game knowledge over all.

So maybe but the players who play eles are often "better" then ranger players.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

How convenient and smart of you....but that's not how it work, there is a thing called time/effort relation to judge precisely something, it is surely harder to become a certified doctor than a fitness instructor and yet both work with the human body, now should the doctor be rewarded the same as the instructor...it doesn't work that way. It is easy to be good on necro, less time and effort compared to ele and that's why there is one good ele for every 100 necros, this is the only uncomfortable truth.

You can master each of the classes in this game in two days.

What takes a lot more time is all the rest: positioning your character in a team fight to avoid a hardfocus (which is easiest on ranger and thief, because you just don't need to care) and memorizing the skill and trait content of the main game and two expacs to know what your encounters are doing.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 1

Here's another hot take,
GWEN -> GREN -> GSN
(Guardian, Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer), (Guardian, Revenant, Elementalist, Necromancer), (Guardian, Engineer, Necromancer).

Ele hasn't been a part of the zerg meta for years. FB, Scrapper and Scourge do several things at once now and half the specs and classes are useless in comparison.

Get on the friggin bus, kid.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Cool, but how is this a problem then? If you acknowledge that something is good or even just good enough, but you subjectively don't like it for whatever reason ("it's a chore") then pick something you enjoy instead.

They are decent to play in zerg doesn't mean it is "good" or serve any purpose within the squad. It means the ranger does not instantly die and may tag some bags on the way. 

And even then, to be able to survive around an squad is a chore and not fun at all because too much projectile hate and the lack of ranged AoEs . 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

They are decent to play in zerg doesn't mean it is "good" or serve any purpose within the squad. It means the ranger does not instantly die and may tag some bags on the way. 

Yeah, because when someone says it's not bad, they mean "it can tag some bags before dying" LOL. Hilarious this is what you chose to revert to 😆

And even then, to be able to survive around an squad is a chore and not fun at all because too much projectile hate and the lack of ranged AoEs . 

Or maybe you're just one of the people he was talking about, who knows

Only people who can't play ranger think it's bad in zergs.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, because when someone says it's not bad, they mean "it can tag some bags before dying" LOL. Hilarious this is what you chose to revert to 😆

Or maybe you're just one of the people he was talking about, who knows

Dude you have some very deep hate ingrained against the ranger.  Ranger can one shot the same as any other classes, it just lack the build capabilities for an squad and is not wanted in wvw for a reason. 

Now stop derailing any thread you interact with. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Dude you have some very deep hate ingrained against the ranger.

Where? What are you even talking about right now? 😆 

Ranger can one shot the same as any other classes,

What does this have to do with anything here?

it just lack the build capabilities for an squad and is not wanted in wvw for a reason. 

Interesting, before it was just "not enjoyable and a chore to play well" 🤔 

Now stop derailing any thread you interact with. 

^says the person that responded with some random stuff unrelated to anything that was written before 🙃 

You're just awfully defensive whenever your silly ranger buff baits don't go through how you'd want them to. Maybe you're too used to the class subforum echo chamber.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

Here's another hot take,
GWEN -> GREN -> GSN
(Guardian, Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer), (Guardian, Revenant, Elementalist, Necromancer), (Guardian, Engineer, Necromancer).

Ele hasn't been a part of the zerg meta for years. FB, Scrapper and Scourge do several things at once now and half the specs and classes are useless in comparison.

Get on the friggin bus, kid.

The only class that's "useless" in zergs is actually thief, though this may be debatable. It's more they just don't scale very well. Before the 2020 nerfs pole dancer  was a thing but kind of a struggle atm given the current meta as numbers increase. Below 20s they are still effective, but if we're talking about 50+ enemies, that becomes a different story.

You could argue that you need so few warriors and chronos that they don't count for that much but those are still rather important or those threads that cry about Temporal Curtain aren't real.

And while scourges certainly are important in bombs, they also should not be the top damage either, or something is really wrong. R is still pretty standard, though E isn't exactly that inferior....

Tempests unfortunately get do conflict with scrappers, but it's not always so clear cut even if scrappers get the upperhand atm. And both of them are far superior healers to Firebrand.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The only class that's "useless" in zergs is actually thief, though this may be debatable. It's more they just don't scale very well. Before the 2020 nerfs pole dancer  was a thing but kind of a struggle atm given the current meta as numbers increase. Below 20s they are still effective, but if we're talking about 50+ enemies, that becomes a different story.

You could argue that you need so few warriors and chronos that they don't count for that much but those are still rather important or those threads that cry about Temporal Curtain aren't real.

And while scourges certainly are important in bombs, they also should not be the top damage either, or something is really wrong. R is still pretty standard, though E isn't exactly that inferior....

Tempests unfortunately get do conflict with scrappers, but it's not always so clear cut even if scrappers get the upperhand atm. And both of them are far superior healers to Firebrand.

Every class and spec can bring something of value, but not everything gets to be meta, is the point I was trying make.

I agree though. 
Just getting a laugh out of all these Ele's coming out of the woodwork lately, especially on Reddit. It might not be top tier meta anymore, and it has a limited number of roaming builds, but it's still on the upper end of group value when it comes to either support or damage, and perfectly good as a roamer even with minimal variety. 
Not saying I think Ele is undeserving of changes, just that with the uproar lately you'd think they'd had a dodge or Pet removed like Soulbeast or Mirage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shroud.2307 said:

Every class and spec can bring something of value, but not everything gets to be meta, is the point I was trying make.

I agree though. 
Just getting a laugh out of all these Ele's coming out of the woodwork lately, especially on Reddit. It might not be top tier meta anymore, and it has a limited number of roaming builds, but it's still on the upper end of group value when it comes to either support or damage, and perfectly good as a roamer even with minimal variety. 
Not saying I think Ele is undeserving of changes, just that with the uproar lately you'd think they'd had a dodge or Pet removed like Soulbeast or Mirage.

Well, most of the crying on Reddit comes from PvErs, which requires glass builds for dps so naturally ele will be difficult. As a result, there's a bit of a superiority complex who always blame others from not supporting them well enough.

You can see this in WvW with some other classes as well. Though here,. the saltiest type of player tends to be one that ganks but abandons their allies at the first sign of danger. If you catch them, you'll hear no end to it because [everyone's fault but mine]

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 5:09 PM, Jski.6180 said:

I guess at least ranger has a stealth field but the players of ranger seem to lack knowledge of this where you find most ele players have more game knowledge over all.

So maybe but the players who play eles are often "better" then ranger players.

Thats what i found 99% of the times, rangers  go on open field  stay rooted spam every and expect to kill everythign towards damage alone, they dont swap to melee combat nor use what shines in it,they keep using LB at melee range as well.

But IDK about that stealth, for my exp that's were 50%ish rangers die, when they go stealth.

And I stopped counting the number of rangers that use barrage at melee range...

Edited by Aeolus.3615