EoD is a $30 Patch.....

Just now, Luclinraider.2317 said:

For the game to be expanded on.....that's the point of an "Expansion"

Not 20 minutes worth of content in fishing and an already existing mount...now in boat form....

Do you honestly believe that is all that will be in this expansion? 

I do have to admit though that having 3 of 5 stated mastery lines being devoted to mounts/fishing is a little disappointing though.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

This is the problem, and the famous mindset of an MMO a year from shutdown.

Wild Star fans loved to say the same thing defending their game.

Except you don't know if this is a problem yet. You literally saw 30 minutes of reveals. It's actually kind of absurd you would conclude it's a $30 patch based on this. From what I heard, everything I would expect from a GW2 expansion is in there, based on already have 2 expansions behind us. 

But even if you are right ... what I said is still true. You don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. Nothing to complain about ... just don't buy it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Their big features are a mount.....you know....something we've had multiple times in a patch already......

A skiff....something that already exists as mount...this isn't a new feature.

And, Fishing.....something that is literally a patch....about as big and feature heavy as our sitting in chairs patch.

People leaving WoW in mass and multiple new MMO's coming out, GW2 needed to deliver a reason to come to our game...instead they told everyone to steer clear because they charge expansion prices for patch content.

What were they thinking?

Also, it's true, there could be tons more they are holding back on....but if this is the case then they need a new Marketing Director. Whoever did the PoF reveal needs to be brought back. Otherwise, there just isn't enough content here to warrant a full expansion and the price that comes with.

1. How many threads do you need to make about the same thing? 

2. "Just a patch"? Yes, you'll need to download it, just like you'd download a patch, it will be bigger though. Technically a patch, just like any other expansion 🙃 

3. How can you say what "fishing literally will be" when you know nothing about it?

4. What exactly did you expect there?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 3

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

2. "Just a patch"? Yes, you'll need to download it, just like you'd download a patch, it will be bigger thought. Just like any other expansions 🙃 

3. How can you say "what literally fishing will be" when you know nothing about it?

Go watch the PoF reveal then come and tell me this expansion is anywhere near that level.....

That's what I was expecting.....

• Like 6
  • Confused 16

18 hours ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Go watch the PoF reveal then come and tell me this expansion is anywhere near that level.....

Don't dodge, answer the questions:

2. "Just a patch"? Yes, you'll need to download it, just like you'd download a patch, it will be bigger though. Just like any other expansions 🙃  [not a question]

3. How can you say "what literally fishing will be" when you know nothing about it?

e: spoiler alert
Spoiler

there are no answers 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Except PoF reveal has NOTHING to do with EoD reveal. I mean, this is literally you judging content of an upcoming expansion you have never experienced based on the production value of a previous expansion reveal. You realize how absurd that is right?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 13
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

I think you are being purposely obtuse here. PoF was revealed in a far different manner than either HoT before it or EoD today, a reflection of how the studio was run at each given time. The EoD reveal was literally just called the "First Look" which implies much more to still be revealed between now and February which is half a year away.

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bojjang.1052 said:

One time payment for an expansion - don't know whats there to complain about

People just don't understand the value they get ... online gaming literally offers some of the cheapest entertainment available. I think the complaint here is just more ignorance and disappointment in something than it is the cost. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

For the game to be expanded on.....that's the point of an "Expansion"

Not 20 minutes worth of content in fishing and an already existing mount...now in boat form....

You have seen literally nothing of the elite specs, the story, the maps besides a peek and some information here and there, the two undisclosed mastery trees... you must be trolling.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

I'll be honest, A-Net has a habit of selling a story in a way it seems like a lot more is coming, when it really isn't. 

We need to accept a few things:
1) New Maps are coming with EOD
2) 3/5 of the Masteries have been revealed. (Fishing, War Turtle, Boats)
3) There is still 2 more Masteries to be revealed, with new ones usually being added with every patch. So more to come.
4) New elite specs are coming to the game. (Being revealed every few weeks)
5) A-Net seems to think that players still care about the story after IBS. (Maybe like GoT, they sort of forgot they butchered much of their lore...)
6) "They haven't forgotten WvW" 😂🤣

I'm actually really excited for EoD, but only because of the delays and bringing back some good people to lead the show. A-Net has been like a chicken without a head for a while, with how they produce content. Not dissing much of the team, as I think they continue to produce polished content, even if that content makes very little sense narratively, or if the elite specs they make just break most of the game... I hope we don't see a repeat of PoF style specs. Mirage and Scourge especially were design nightmares, with Firebrand not far behind. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

People just don't understand the value they get ... online gaming literally offers some of the cheapest entertainment available. I think the complaint here is just more ignorance and disappointment in something than it is the cost. 

I came from World Of Warcraft - and before the kitten show that is currently going on over there, Blizzard has not delivered and you are paying a monthly fee. How you can complain about a one time payment... i don't get it

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

9 minutes ago, Loboling.5293 said:

I'll be honest, A-Net has a habit of selling a story in a way it seems like a lot more is coming, when it really isn't. 

We need to accept a few things:
1) New Maps are coming with EOD
2) 3/5 of the Masteries have been revealed. (Fishing, War Turtle, Boats)
3) There is still 2 more Masteries to be revealed, with new ones usually being added with every patch. So more to come.
4) New elite specs are coming to the game. (Being revealed every few weeks)
5) A-Net seems to think that players still care about the story after IBS. (Maybe like GoT, they sort of forgot they butchered much of their lore...)
6) "They haven't forgotten WvW" 😂🤣

And these things we need to accept are perfectly inline with previous expansion content, TWICE ... so the complaints about '$30 patch' are pretty absurd. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Ah, the doom and gloom people are back. Predicting the end of Guild Wars 2 since 2012. "The expansion doesn't have the features I wanted, it means the game will die!!"

30 dollars for a one time payment is good. And you forget other games ask you more money + monthly subscription.

Edited by Crono.4197
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 8