EoD is a $30 Patch.....

2 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I was about to give u a like... But u made sure not to get likes from anyone by mentioning u like to have PK system.

Pls go kill everyone in PvP and PvP free-for-all area to your heart's content.. or wait for a failed drakkar and try to kill as many as possible in 10 secs... But pls keep your dominance ego to those specific areas it's not appreciated in pve generally

I gave an example it wasn't a suggestion, it's totally uncessary to recieve a random insult from a random nobody. Other than that, your icons are not a measure of words' worth, I'm sure you know the best places stick those stickers, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really don't think this looks like a bad expansion so far.

Can't say i'm really excited so far and i'm mostly looking forward to seeing the new maps as the artwork looked really pretty but content wise fishing isn't really what i think is gonna add a lot of value to this game (and depending on the execution is gonna encourage botting which is not good at all).

I do think 30 euros is more than fair to ask for an expansion to a game that already has no subscription costs and lots of potential for future content including living worlds and more details to the expansion to come.

I think my only main complaint is: for the love of god do not release the legendaries with these skins. we all have some expectation what a proper legendary looks like and having a set of the same legendary is not it. Idk why legendaries are such a struggle for anet but it was already a disaster when they promised to release a full set of legendaries in HoT and didn't want to deliver at the time. Don't repeat that mistake by promising a full set of legendaries and then try to weasel your way out of it by making one and reskinning all the other weapons with it. Please put some effort into this

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hemi.5267 said:

What if the biggest reveal from the trailer was right in front of our noses... Everyone gets his own airship as home instance to decorate and do whatever lol. Probably not going to happen haha, but I always found it most logic the commander would have an Airship instead of the race home instance. He travels the world to help people out no?

Rack up all the nodes in a neat line for easy looting and get some more toys for the folk you can invite. Hang up some banners idk. Maybe even have the option to lower the airship and do some fishing etc. 

That wouldn't be a terrible idea, if they created a new Airship model to work with, the default one is too small and boring.

1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

That wouldn't be a terrible idea, if they created a new Airship model to work with, the default one is too small and boring.

Yes! Make it larger of course. She/He is the commander after all.:-)

Player housing could be interesting. One game I've played with player housing is LOTRO and they basically have a housing map for each race and that map is multiplied over multiple "neighborhoods". I could see something like that being used say as a housing district in Kaineng City. 

It would be cool to have a house like that which other people could visit just by visiting the neighborhood. 

As for fishing, I have to believe that just like mounts, ANET will find a way to reinvent it into an interesting feature. Mounts have largely been pretty generic in other games serving as nothing more than a speed boost of various skins. Yet ANET managed to take the mount concept and implement probably the best mount system in gaming. With fishing, it's hard to imagine right now, but as we get more details in the coming months, will be interesting to see what they did with it.

Skiffs seem to represent another multiplayer style mount for water, so for me that seems like a cool feature. Also seems like it might open the door to some other interesting gameplay in the future around naval combat/warfare if expanded upon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, linkym.2069 said:

i hope shing jea monastery or kaineng agglomerates people like divinity's reach or lion's arch do. They could add lakes so we can fish there too with lots of people.

I am really excited to see what they did to Kaineng City as a whole, but also areas like the Kaineng Docks, Kaineng Center, and portions of the Wajjun Bazaar.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Konrad Curze.5130 said:

He might be thinking about good, decent expansions. You know, like games such as FF14 get, unlike us

Ok, I'm obviously blind. Reading through the new features of FF14: Endwalker I don't see anything we won't get with EoD as well:

1. a sequel to main story line? check.
  2. new maps? check.
  3. two new jobs? we get nine! new especs.
  4. new instanced content? check.
  5. new gear to grind? check, but it's purely optional in GW2.
  6. male version of an already existing race? well, it's not as if GW2 devs were lazy at that one beforehand.

Plus EoD is cheaper than Endwalker. Plus the game won't charge you with a subscription fee on top of box price. Plus FF14 has a cash shop for overprized cosmetics as well. Could you point out what you're missing?

Oh, to avoid misunderstanding: I have played FF14 free trial up to HW. So don't tell me how much better FF14 story would be compared to GW2 - it's not, and story telling/ voice acting is ridiculous compared to what we have here.

Edited by yoguil.7320
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Konrad Curze.5130 said:

Where else better would I be?

Preferably on the forum of the game you enjoy instead of the one you constantly cry about while claiming "that one is bettah!11"? Glad I could clear that out.

I'm having great fun mocking the people on the forums still hopeful that GW2 will stay relevant with an expac reusing old content, BLC legendarios and, of all things fishing LMAO

Nobody is "hopeful it'll stay relevant" ("stay relevant"? At what? Are you literally 12?), it's pretty clear what the expansion will bring and people will enjoy it. On the other hand, you seem pretty miserable here despite your  eLeMaOoOoO🤪  spam.

It's a pretty entertaining time filler while I wait for New World and Lost Ark to release and steal tons of players here 😘

What a sad existence, hopefully you'll get better 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, sorudo.9054 said:

well, if i have to believe the wiki and the necro is gonna get a pistol it pretty much is the last nail in the coffin for me.....

We know nothing about the new necro elite. If it is indeed a pistol, it could auto-attack screeching heads that aoe fear and confusion for all we know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I want ow player kill. Add juicy rewards with it. I will pay 30 eur for the expansion, anet you have to do it. 

So, you don't want to just kill other players for your personal gratification, but to kill the game along with it? You have ambition at least.

I'd say game developers have moved past such idiotic failures, but considering some new MMOs coming out with focus on open world competitions, i guess we need a new wave of games that are dead on arrival to pummel that dead horse into paste. Again! Can't you just let that poor horse rest in peace?

Edited by Yggranya.5201

1 hour ago, yoguil.7320 said:

Ok, I'm obviously blind. Reading through the new features of FF14: Endwalker I don't see anything we won't get with EoD as well:

1. a sequel to main story line? check.
  2. new maps? check.
  3. two new jobs? we get nine! new especs.
  4. new instanced content? check.
  5. new gear to grind? check, but it's purely optional in GW2.
  6. male version of an already existing race? well, it's not as if GW2 devs were lazy at that one beforehand.

Plus EoD is cheaper than Endwalker. Plus the game won't charge you with a subscription fee on top of box price. Plus FF14 has a cash shop for overprized cosmetics as well. Could you point out what you're missing?

Oh, to avoid misunderstanding: I have played FF14 free trial up to HW. So don't tell me how much better FF14 story would be compared to GW2 - it's not, and story telling/ voice acting is ridiculous compared to what we have here.

Don't worry, you aren't blind ... but some people are massively obtuse. 

1 hour ago, Konrad Curze.5130 said:

Where else better would I be? I'm having great fun mocking the people on the forums still hopeful that GW2 will stay relevant with an expac reusing old content, BLC legendarios and, of all things fishing LMAO

Being relevant is very important for my game play. When the game will stops being relevant I don't know what I will do in the game.  Everything will be over. Relevancy above all.

2 hours ago, Konrad Curze.5130 said:

It's a pretty entertaining time filler while I wait for New World and Lost Ark to release and steal tons of players here 😘

Let's hope they steal the players that continually cry about not getting things they want. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Let's hope they steal the players that continually cry about not getting things they want. 

As much as posters say, "This is the last straw, I'm out of here unless X changes things to the way I want." what they're really saying is, "I'm not leaving the game, but maybe if I complain with enough hyperbole, I'll get what I want."

The players who really are disenchanted with the game and going to go are much more likely to just .... go.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

As much as posters say, "This is the last straw, I'm out of here unless X changes things to the way I want." what they're really saying is, "I'm not leaving the game, but maybe if I complain with enough hyperbole, I'll get what I want."

The players who really are disenchanted with the game and going to go are much more likely to just .... go.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too ... basically, people that think all these other games are going to 'steal' all the players from GW2 because Anet doesn't cater the game to them just like to talk. 

Edited by Obtena.7952