Virtuoso doesn't seem OP...if all elites are similar....EoD will be the best expansion

5 hours ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

It hasn't even been released yet you re already asking for nerf. Bruh😂😂😂

Lich form already outdps virtuoso's elite...just saying

Reading comprehension... Nobody asked for anything here. I predicted what will happen.

And what has lich to do with all this? Even if I would have asked for nerfs, I never used lich, which makes your whole statement pointless.

Edited by KrHome.1920

pvp will not get better tho, there's too much random factor from w/e build one is running for having too many build variant that skills matter less and less compared to what it was during vanilla gw2.

people talk about balance which is already impossible to balance for also the same reason. the random factor introduced from it kills pvp ultimately.

• Like 1

Probably has been said. But what kept anet from making Full Counter similar to this espec's "elite" f4 shatter? 

I mean, block for a duration, dmg foes around you. Sounds pretty good. 

Now I'm looking at Full counter sitting there with it's 7 dmg and whatnot and Revenge Counter being a meme Grandmaster with resistance which protects from nothing. 

Whatever rant off. I just hope they won't address all the balance issues that have come up until now, resolution included, by rebranding the new especs as the new 'balanced' options. 

Which will probably be the case. I can't see the new warrior espec every becoming too powerful as no synergy can exist to make it that powerful in neither sustain (most heals on Warr have been gutted and sustain options run low like 300 CDs traits) or damage (without being gunflame, which can't one shot unless you put effort into it). 

We shall see if the expac will be worth it.. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Probably has been said. But what kept anet from making Full Counter similar to this espec's "elite" f4 shatter? 

I mean, block for a duration, dmg foes around you. Sounds pretty good. 

Now I'm looking at Full counter sitting there with it's 7 dmg and whatnot and Revenge Counter being a meme Grandmaster with resistance which protects from nothing. 

Whatever rant off. I just hope they won't address all the balance issues that have come up until now, resolution included, by rebranding the new especs as the new 'balanced' options. 

Which will probably be the case. I can't see the new warrior espec every becoming too powerful as no synergy can exist to make it that powerful in neither sustain (most heals on Warr have been gutted and sustain options run low like 300 CDs traits) or damage (without being gunflame, which can't one shot unless you put effort into it). 

We shall see if the expac will be worth it.. 

might have something to do with fact that full counter is free, and has almost no cooldown, while virt F4 takes away disort ( which is amazing ) and has hefty cooldown, and we dont even know if its going to keep the damage in pvp yet

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

might have something to do with fact that full counter is free, and has almost no cooldown, while virt F4 takes away disort ( which is amazing ) and has hefty cooldown, and we dont even know if its going to keep the damage in pvp yet

Yeah I get what you mean. 

More like, I referred to the skill on its own. On how full counter is meant to be a dmg dealing burst (hell take away the cheesy CC on Full counter and make it an appropriate dmg dealing burst). Anyway, I don't mind Virtuoso and I have come to master the current viability of Spellbreaker to know what it does, so I was just trying to see or justify, why Full Counter is still getting a 20% dmg increase in its GM when it already does no dmg. 

A warrior main simply feeling meh don't mind me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Reading comprehension... Nobody asked for anything here. I predicted what will happen.

And what has lich to do with all this? Even if I would have asked for nerfs, I never used lich, which makes your whole statement pointless.

I feel like they were not even using effective gear for the virtuoso demonstration.

40-50k off some basic and not efficient build.

Imma crank it to about 150k lol.

I can get about 100k from lich, and yeah we are asking to tone that down

Edited by Crab Fear.1624

2 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I feel like they were not even using effective gear for the virtuoso demonstration.

40-50k off some basic and not efficient build.

Imma crank it to about 150k lol.

I can get about 100k from lich, and yeah we are asking to tone that down

I was getting ~280-290k hits with whirling defense in fractals ( potions ) before I stopped playing ranger ( was running skirm build so you could probably get 300k+ )
but 40k too much lul

3 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I was getting ~280-290k hits with whirling defense in fractals ( potions ) before I stopped playing ranger ( was running skirm build so you could probably get 300k+ )
but 40k too much lul

Oh, I meant competitive,

So can I get back my 35k malicious backstabbing?

I mean it's less than 40k.

3 things.

1. Someone asked what stats were used in the demonstration, it was zerk/marauder mix, you can probably figure out the exact amount based on the HP or close enough.

2. There is already a skill split, if you look at many of the skill facts they have the skill split message.

3. This was PvE damage which we all know is heavily inflated, we know this as the mental anguish trait that was clearly on the shatters said damage vs inactivity 50% which is the PvE damage. We also know they were running domination and this was likely to be the damage increasing traits to make it look good. I haven't tracked down which other trait line they used if any.

The thing to really look at is whether the spec is mechanically broken, most of the time the mechanics don't change and it's numbers tweaks we see. From that perspective we still need to see what is a projectile, what isn't and how you counter these, you should also think about what a mesmer is likely to slot out of these utility/elites vs current and historical skills in various roles.

I doubt more than 1 of the utilities will be used because blink and stealth is extremely useful and the elite will probably be used because what else are you going to use? Heal seems OK but ether feast will likely give more healing at 3+ blades especially if the virtuoso heal is on a 25s cooldown or longer in PvP because mesmer can't have sustain.

3 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

3 things.

1. Someone asked what stats were used in the demonstration, it was zerk/marauder mix, you can probably figure out the exact amount based on the HP or close enough.

2. There is already a skill split, if you look at many of the skill facts they have the skill split message.

3. This was PvE damage which we all know is heavily inflated, we know this as the mental anguish trait that was clearly on the shatters said damage vs inactivity 50% which is the PvE damage. We also know they were running domination and this was likely to be the damage increasing traits to make it look good. I haven't tracked down which other trait line they used if any.

The thing to really look at is whether the spec is mechanically broken, most of the time the mechanics don't change and it's numbers tweaks we see. From that perspective we still need to see what is a projectile, what isn't and how you counter these, you should also think about what a mesmer is likely to slot out of these utility/elites vs current and historical skills in various roles.

I doubt more than 1 of the utilities will be used because blink and stealth is extremely useful and the elite will probably be used because what else are you going to use? Heal seems OK but ether feast will likely give more healing at 3+ blades especially if the virtuoso heal is on a 25s cooldown or longer in PvP because mesmer can't have sustain.

Dueling is likely the other trait line. Fury and vigor were gained when damaging the golems as certain points in the video and the duelist phantasm inflicted bleeds.

Just now, Allarius.5670 said:

Dueling is likely the other trait line. Fury and vigor were gained when damaging the golems as certain points in the video and the duelist phantasm inflicted bleeds.

If that's the case then we can also expect them to be using superiority complex which will make the crits very large as well.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Six seconds of protracted invulnerability is pretty awful for PvP interactions (especially when both instances of invulnerability are instant-activation and 3 of those seconds also passively pulse a PBAoE and allows for simultaneous player action).

Edited by Swagg.9236

3 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

3 things.

1- could be zerk with a virtuoso trait that grant exactly 308 pt of vitality. If it's trinkets are all maraudeur while the rest is zerk or assassin, you'll get the exact amount of health he got, thought.

3- Yes it's PvE because: "fractal daily"

Use Domination:

- Mental anguish bonus damage on shatter tooltip

- Rending shatter proc for each dagger stacked except for F3 where it proc only once + 5 stack of vuln from dazzling

- middle trait is probably Egotism for damage.

Use Duelling:

- Pistol phantasm apply bleed so either duellist's discipline or sharper image proc (or both).

- He gain fury on hitting lower percentage health golem from Master fencer

- He gain vigor on crit from critical infusion

- He have neither Blinding dissipation nor Ineptitude sloted.

- He probably have Superiority complex slotted based on it's damages

No obvious proc or effect from Virtuoso's traitline can be seen which suggest that the traitline minors focus on passive increase of non visible effects.

Edited by Dadnir.5038

31 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

1- could be zerk with a virtuoso trait that grant exactly 308 pt of vitality. If it's trinkets are all maraudeur while the rest is zerk or assassin, you'll get the exact amount of health he got, thought.

Use Domination:

- Rending shatter proc for each dagger stacked except for F3 where it proc only once + 5 stack of vuln from dazzling

Use Duelling:

- Pistol phantasm apply bleed so either duellist's discipline or sharper image proc (or both).

No obvious proc or effect from Virtuoso's traitline can be seen which suggest that the traitline minors focus on passive increase of non visible effects.

Or they are not coded yet

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Use Domination:

Use Duelling:

Rending Shatter conflicts with Bountiful Blades as observed by two phantasm summon when great sword is used. Vulnerability also applied via dagger skills. This seems to suggest vulnerability with blades, or vulnerability when blades crit, or something similar from Virtuoso line.

18 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

congrats for comparing a channel skill with multi ticks over a one shot in stealth with no counter

1. I insinuated the devs showing off the Virtuoso were NOT using BiS power gear, zerk to show peak damage numbers.

2. The duration of the attack is 3 secs, 6 strikes, with their gear tt was 11,600

3. Don't know what the pvp version will look like.

https://i.imgur.com/BOwuKLi.jpg

Just imagine, if this was the damage or even a little more from a standard zerk chrono, or  Liewec, or Madison Lee get their hands on this lmao.

One of the strikes is about a 2k base, can you imagine?

One of the six strike, will one shot you......with 6 hits in an area.....they can down a group in a team fight.

Anyways.....

Edited by Crab Fear.1624

32 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

1. I insinuated the devs showing off the Virtuoso were NOT using BiS power gear, zerk to show peak damage numbers.

2. The duration of the attack is 3 secs, 6 strikes, with their gear tt was 11,600

3. Don't know what the pvp version will look like.

https://i.imgur.com/BOwuKLi.jpg

Just imagine, if this was the damage or even a little more from a standard zerk chrono, or  Liewec, or Madison Lee get their hands on this lmao.

One of the strikes is about a 2k base, can you imagine?

One of the six strike, will one shot you......with 6 hits in an area.....they can down a group in a team fight.

Anyways.....

do you not understand its PvE damage? Its like saying barrage from ranger will 1shot everyone in teamfight because it deals 100k dmg to pve -.-
The only thing I can see wrong with this skill is that its
1 aoe ( which hit through walls ) and 
2 it has 1200 range, so there is a huge possibility of making some stupid spots to hit people with this skill without giving them a chance to react