End of Dragons elite spec preview

Fire Attunement.9835

the armor  just screams heavy armor, beside of the helmet there is also the rest of the armour u know and if u look at the boots, the gauntlets, & Especially last but not least the leg piece ( this leg piece is actually legendary wvw or pvp armor ) cant rmber which one for heavy. so my bet is that its deffiantly gonna be guardian .

26 minutes ago, Noobondrugs.8320 said:

the armor  just screams heavy armor, beside of the helmet there is also the rest of the armour u know and if u look at the boots, the gauntlets, & Especially last but not least the leg piece ( this leg piece is actually legendary wvw or pvp armor ) cant rmber which one for heavy. so my bet is that its deffiantly gonna be guardian .

I mean Warbeast Medium and Mist Shard Medium set also have that same feel. Can't really guarantee what's heavy and what's medium these days with GW2 armour design 😂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

I mean Warbeast Medium and Mist Shard Medium set also have that same feel. Can't really guarantee what's heavy and what's medium these days with GW2 armour design 😂

There are some light armor leggings that look distinctly medium too.

FWIW hardened leather sections can be put together the same way as steel plates when making armor.

• Like 1

Mines out there but a duel sword wielding thief wearing heavy armour is what I think this silhouette is.

I dunno, if not doubt that armour weight swapping will be a thing in EoD lol
But you can't deny how suspicious that second silhouette was revealed in the first look stream.

We're all speculating Pistol Necromancer for that second one.. and yet, it's clearly wearing what looks like Medium armour.
So are we all just waaay off on that second silhouette?
Or are you GW2 artists just messing with us?
Or!! are you hinting at one of the new (and long time requested) features of EoD with these silhouette's 😛
I know I know.. wait and see right... big meanies lol

Edited by Teratus.2859

If it were only the silhouette, I probably would've guessed thief. However, I saw the brightened version of this image on Twitter and it's very clearly Heavy Warlord Armor but with a few details off, so it's most likely Guardian as it's the only Heavy profession without dual swords.

26 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

We're all speculating Pistol Necromancer for that second one.. and yet, it's clearly wearing what looks like Medium armour.

The hat is definitely something you'd see from a medium armor class, but I'm pretty sure the rest of it is light armor.

Edited by Teletric.3821
quote reply

My own speculation about this elite spec:

I think this one will be the thief elite spec, it will use the icon with crossed swords and the 3 initiative diamonds, offhand sword as the obvious weapons.

With the icon and the fact that this is the first elite spec teaser image which shows a weapon not put on the class through the elite spec (both guardian and thief can already use sword on the mainhand, soulbeast was also just pictured with the mainhand dagger and not dual wielding it), it feels for me like dual wielding is actually an important theme for this elite spec.

Anet is willing to think a bit more outside of the box with these elite specs. So maybe this spec is fundamentally changing how dual wielded weapons operate for this class?

Thief already had the dual attacks on skill 3, but many people disliked in the past that the mainhand weapon is still the only one used in auto attack chains, for example.

Maybe this thief elite spec will change the auto attack chains of thieves weapons to use both weapons. So if you are using 2 swords, then you slash the enemy with the mainhand sword, then the offhand sword and in the end cross strike them with both swords at the same time.

Could be an assassin elite spec and possibly using stances as their utility skill type.

• Confused 1

It's not heavy, boots have the shape of medium warlord armor and also the two stripes of leather between the legs (from the chest pieces) are also from the medium piece (heavy only has one larger stripe)

My bet is thief, I expect guardian to have dual sword anyway, I think it has the Oni mask as elite spec icon and DPS role with a dark theme

• Like 1

3 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Copying from another thread:

"Hrrrmn. The helmet looks heavy, but that's not conclusive in itself - some medium sets do have helmets. Rest of the armour... overall has more of a medium than heavy feel, but he DOES look like he might be wearing greaves.

Both thief and guardian are typically represented by male humans, so... hard to say."

So... not conclusive. As @Lan Deathrider.5910 pointed out in the thread where I originally posted that, some medium armours do resemble greaves as well (something that I was aware of, hence why I didn't consider it strong evidence of being heavy armour, but it's worth acknowledging that he pointed out something that I'd left unsaid there). 

The observation of the colour by @Kodama.6453 might be the clincher. The thief artworks are usually mostly black-grey, but they do use a similar red for a splash of colour here and there, while guardians are usually blue and teal. On that note, in fact, the Virtuoso and necropistolier silhouettes are/were both dominated by their profession colours, so I think the fact that this silhouette is mostly black is itself an indication that we're looking at thief.

So I think we're looking at thief OH sword here. 

Colour is probably the strongest indicator. 

Guys, look a bit further into details than just armor, weapon and colour (the colour IS a strong hint, but there are potentially more hints in these teaser images).

Looking at former thief elite spec artworks, they are mostly pretty dynamic and varying in their pose, but oftenly have their upper body twisted in one direction.

Meanwhile guardian is not that flexible when it comes to the pose in their artworks.

All guardian artworks, core, dragonhunter and firebrand, are always facing to the right side full profile.

All 3 Guardian Artworks

The pose does not match. I think this is a clear hint that, whatever this elite spec might be, it is not a guardian. The artwork of the next guardian elite spec will surely follow this here and also face to the right side in full profile.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Acyk.9671 said:

wasn't guard on the left side on PoF promotional presentation?

Core Artworks changed so much for thief and guard i wouldn't put too much consideration on posture

He is mirrored and on the left side for the group image, yes.

But I don't think it is just coincidence that all 3 artworks for guardian are showing it in full profile. It is pretty outstanding among the artworks of all elite specs in the game.

• Confused 1

It's a difficult one, could go either way - I'll go for this being Guardian.

If so it would be interesting in terms of the elite spec icons - eg if the crossed swords is the guard icon, it would mean the 3 most confusing icons of the flame, mask and bullet could have unusual implications for thief, warrior and ele (which I'm imagining those icons are for in some order).

But of course if this is thief then that all turns on its head.

1 hour ago, hatsamu.4327 said:

Yeah you're right, though we have 4 beta events this time instead of 3. The reveal order isn't 100% either, since Dragonhunter was shown before Reaper.

High probability that this is either Warrior or Guardian because of the OG GWEN meta.  Mesmer always slides in there because the devs clearly put a lot of time into Kasmeer lol.  

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Guys, look a bit further into details than just armor, weapon and colour (the colour IS a strong hint, but there are potentially more hints in these teaser images).

Looking at former thief elite spec artworks, they are mostly pretty dynamic and varying in their pose, but oftenly have their upper body twisted in one direction.

Meanwhile guardian is not that flexible when it comes to the pose in their artworks.

All guardian artworks, core, dragonhunter and firebrand, are always facing to the right side full profile.

All 3 Guardian Artworks

The pose does not match. I think this is a clear hint that, whatever this elite spec might be, it is not a guardian. The artwork of the next guardian elite spec will surely follow this here and also face to the right side in full profile.

If we're gonna take the pose into consideration, then as someone said, this could land on OH Sword Ranger instead. Druid's pose absolutely smashes it with the dynamic pose and this is pretty close to it.

2 hours ago, hatsamu.4327 said:

So we now have Mesmer, Necro, and . . . well it's probably not Ele. So I guess this means the beta events won't be bracketed by armor weight.

I think thief for this iteration may get an heavy armor set. And necro medium armor set, thus the hat and the cape\butcape

So following that logic we will get to play with one light, medium and heavy spec in the first beta and all makes sense now.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

If we're gonna take the pose into consideration, then as someone said, this could land on OH Sword Ranger instead. Druid's pose absolutely smashes it with the dynamic pose and this is pretty close to it.

Nope, pose doesn't match once again.

Ranger also has a returning thing in their pose: they are always kneeling/cowering. This guy here is clearly standing upright.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Ranger also has a returning thing in their pose: they are always kneeling/cowering. This guy here is clearly standing upright.

also no green fart around, that comes with every ranger iteration.

Edited by anduriell.6280

5 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

So that means Deadeye must have been a Ranger E-Spec since they're clearly kneeling, same goes for basic Thief art looking like they're "cowering".

Really though, it's just a pose, it doesn't determine anything... 

Edited by ChronoPinoyX.7923