I'm Pretty Sure the Next Warrior Espec will be Support

Verdict is Vengence.6912

During this past live stream, the water guy was talking about how the Willbender was a guardian with a more "selfish" play style. He brought it up enough where I took notice how much emphasis was being placed on guardian getting a clearly selfish spec. This had me thinking that Warrior will obviously get support now.

In Heart of Thorns, the devs talked about the reason they gave Berserker fire condition damage was because they gave Reaper chill conditions. It was like a George Lucas moment for them and it just "rhymed" well to them.

That's how I think they're approaching Guardian and Warrior. With Guardian getting the "selfish" playstyle, they'll rhyme it with Warrior getting a more "selfless" playstyle.

• Like 1

I expect it too, but looking at how the Tactics line ended up I have my doubts on how usable it will be. There's seriously stiff competition in this field in PvE.

Also, Necro already took the Quickness Share role so it's much less likely for Warrior to get it as well.

Watch it be scepter, and we get trolled that it's not the bullet icon either. I don't mind so long as there is build variety but again, sorry to repeat myself over and over, just lower your standards and don't expect anything special from ANET because their balance team is bad.

They do need to make money after all, so expect the new elitespec to possibly make core, spellbreaker and berserker even more pointless because "money."

Warrior will be the new trap king wearing pistol/ pistol and become in a daredevil of a middle range base on lore will be like a pirate probably utilities will bring us aoes blinds and condition stuff no more self breakstuns and stancesand probably got charge base con crit hit getting a bust on f1 burst skills

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stinson.3420 said:

Warrior will be the new trap king wearing pistol/ pistol and become in a daredevil of a middle range base on lore will be like a pirate probably utilities will bring us aoes blinds and condition stuff no more self breakstuns and stancesand probably got charge base con crit hit getting a bust on f1 burst skills

I'm liking what your laying down. I am fully ready to be a pirate. I wasn't even going to try to fish or boat in the next expac. If warrior is a pirate, I'll be sailing the sailing the seven seas while listening to sea chanties.

Any way has no point talk about what spec or weapon we will recibe on the new expac for sure we get nerfed in 3 weeks and still playing core or sb shout warrior, berserker for dps flat/condi warrior don't need a support spec or a dueler spec, even we don't need a dps spec right now we need the capacity of burst in a single combo so my prediction is than we will become in a mix of dh and daredevil as always for get this capacity we probably gonna lose armor, health, and resistance so we gonna kill or die. 

And about runes of the trapper i always wanted land my eviscerate from the stealth so for pvp thought axe/pistol will be a thing.

What if rev got any kind of totems than shared better buff than banners actually did, bannerslave will die for ever.

On pvp escene warrior was deleted from the meta since ham/bow got nerfed at vanilla gw2.

And warrior just got a place on wvw cause bubble.

So shout warrior could still been the support option for warrior just need a better balance.

Berserker works pretty well on pve flat/condi

Sb is a great dueler but never the queen of the proum. 

Warrior is actually like a crossfiter doing well on everything but great on nathing

1 hour ago, Apolo.5942 said:

Cannot be support unless major redesign.

Support warrior today means banners. That is 2 Skill slots that you have to have. Where would you fit the rest?.

I really wish Banners were yeeted out of the game and replaced with something else tbh, I find them some of the most boring skills in the game.

What could be nice is if they add a second 'Adrenalin' bar just for banners, one which fills up when not in use and drains when in use, this way you'd have to manage the 'banners' up time built into a traitline or core class.

Banners for PvE content only, are massivly restrictive in what skills you can play with. Sadly I doubt any major overhaul of this system and we'll be foreever stuck with a really boring skill wasting a utility slot.

when i started to play my warrior and played this mostly ever since, i visualize it as sort of an exposed field assassin. and i even thought of my warrior doing some unselfish play. like how many formations can multiple warriors do that can play my playstyle as my team/guildmates without dictating my fellow warriors' identities. my guildmates don't log anymore and i cannot invest time to get a guild running coz i pop once in a while. but i kept on visualizing the what ifs.

like formations..

formation 1

https://i.imgur.com/4Rf1rTr.png

formation 2

https://i.imgur.com/j8iIGmn.png

formation 3

https://i.imgur.com/4a5pNc5.png

formation 3 is basically the disengaging warriors (yellow dots) and the next wave of warriors incoming (blue dots).. and red circle is your server's zerg. the zerg is fixed as is because you have to be aware/fixated on your zerg's position to get the poppin boons and heals if you go to them..

also, the directions of the 10 can even be multivariated so there will be lots of variations that can be done..

Edited by alcopaul.2156

On 8/15/2021 at 9:41 AM, Stinson.3420 said:

What if rev got any kind of totems than shared better buff than banners actually did, bannerslave will die for ever.

On pvp escene warrior was deleted from the meta since ham/bow got nerfed at vanilla gw2.

And warrior just got a place on wvw cause bubble.

So shout warrior could still been the support option for warrior just need a better balance.

Berserker works pretty well on pve flat/condi

Sb is a great dueler but never the queen of the proum. 

Warrior is actually like a crossfiter doing well on everything but great on nathing

Shout spellbreaker was meta sPvP support for a brief period, then it got nerfed and support core guardian replaced it.

it should be support, sb is tanky with nice debuffs zerker is smash smash with proper condi builds,

my only concern is the weapon we'll get. imo you can't really have a meaningful support build without having access to regens and water fields,

I think they'll give us water guns. 

here is my espec theme's weapon design expectation

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Imagine a whirlwind or a 100B out of stealth xD

it would have to be a BC+100B out of stealth though as just using 100B would be useless.

Unless... it is actually a stealth based espec that makes your first attack out of stealth stun foes for 3s...

Mmmmmmm....... Now I want that in my life.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:45 PM, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

In Heart of Thorns, the devs talked about the reason they gave Berserker fire condition damage was because they gave Reaper chill conditions. It was like a George Lucas moment for them and it just "rhymed" well to them.

More like George R. R. Martin and you'd better be the Berserker-Reaper crossbreed child that falls in love with a Warrior human female meta with skimpy armor but kill her because her superiority complex would have otherwise ruined it for everyone else...

Joke aside: By process of elimination either a very mobile or a supportive spec is next for Warrior since PoF released. So a support spec wouldn't be a huge surprise. Regarding your observation: They might as well have meant Necro considering the most selfish class can now be healed and provide Boons as Harbinger. If not, I'd still consider Thief more selfish than Warrior by far.